Maybe someone can explain it to me

Bronze Member
Username: Top2000dogg

Post Number: 74
I have just converted my Megasat yt6688(pansat 2500 clone) to the 2700 and added the bin jvvh 254 nkk and I don't get anything but it seems that I have lost the signal I used to be up to 100 in the signal and locked and now im in 30 and unlocked did I do something wrong in how I dowloaded and conveted my box? or do I need to get my signal back first? and how? I did everything in the instructions and this is my dilema. so someone if you can help me out of this situation. preciate your input and thanx

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 9239
When you load a new BIN, you would lose all your settings.
1. Start with default setting
2. User setup - date/time/time zone. closed caption off.
3. Antenna setup - just set up one to th eknow parameters.
4. Blind scan of that sat. during the Blind Scan, you would get the autoroll bring the keys.
5. Repeat for all other Sats.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
Is it possible to lose your signal downloading the new bin? cause I lost my signal, but it has been also very windy where I live and maybe the wind moved the satelite and would like to know how to get the signal back?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9371
Please read my post and act on it. It is just above yours

Bronze Member
Username: Popol_vuh

Post Number: 41
Sean, define windy... Bottom line you need a good solid installation to have reliable viewing year long... Preferably within reach of some contrivance to remove excessive snow as well (when there isn't enough wind to blow it away )

Last year I had all kinds of trouble until I consolidated my installation (I'm right into the prevailing weather so I'm exposed to snow and high winds). I have my dishes on my chimney, bolted with concrete impact screws right into the brick (mortar is weaker), I had neglected one mount with only 3 out of the 4 screws in, and it became loose after a season of wind gusts... Also, I replaced some nuts with nylocks nuts as some of the regular nuts had come loose. Finally, to prevent excessive snow accumulation on the dish, I covered up the dishes with candle wax (solid paraffin), rubbed then melted on the surface in my oven at low temp, that reduces snow sticking subtsantially. After trying spray on silicone, PAM and some Teflon spray lubricant, nothing worked better than simple candle wax ;)

Since my upgrade last fall, with the record wind and snow we have had this year, I haven't had to go up on the roof once this winter because of presistant signal loss.

IF you are thinking about upgrading your installtion and want best signal I would best to start with at least a 30 inch dish, if possible (I have 24 inch dishes and some channels are on weak transponders that pixellate easy when the weather gets bad). The downside of a larger dish is obviously the need for a sturdier installation (and more room of course).

Hope this helps!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
Nyda I have done everything you told me but when I go to the antenna setup and choose my antennas that I had before the signal is very low and it's unlocked instead of locked how do I fix this?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9393
As of now, you use 258 conversion BINs.

If you are converted to b75 only then use the CS_258T_B-75_Lightning_serial.bin

If you have converted to PUFF, use the Lothario_258_PUFF.bin

If you have converted to PUFF_LZMA then use CS_258T_lzma(PUFF.).bin

All info, files and instructions are at:
http://public.box.net/2500_full_kit
download from appropriate section.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
Nyda I just used the cs_258T_B-75_Lightning_serial.bin and when I set up the antennas I had before the signal is still weak between 31 and 32 on the level, but what I did notice that some of the other antennas got a bit stronger some all the way up to 40! is this a normal?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us