What dish size to get 119 thanx.

Bronze Member
Username: Bashir77ca

Post Number: 13
What dish size to get 119 thanx.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 14746
Any 18 inch dish will work fine for 1-2 satellites, like the 82-91 Bev , or 110-119 Dishnet..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14747
Poormans dish...DTV 18 inch round dish..

Home made 2 sat dish (using dtv dish & lnb)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These FTA receivers are amazing lil toys. Using a dtv dish and an extra lnb can get you the DN 110 & 119, and/or 82-91 Bev sats (any sats 9 degrees apart) and consequently 800 FREE DN channels. I have done this myself and it's so easy, I can't believe they make dish's with skew adjustments. I literally use rubber bands or hair ties to strap an lnb to the existing lnb and get 2 birds very quickly. I will be attaching photos and it's just as easy as it looks. Standing behind your dtv dish thats already pointed at 101, simply turn it to the right a little and drop the elevation about 10%. This is where the 110 sat is. You can use your dtv receiver to find the 110 by going into dish pointing menu and selecting one of these transponders 8, 10 or 12. When you find the 110 you will hear the signal meter rise and you can then fine tune it. Attach an extra lnb to the right (facing the dish) by using rubber bands or hair ties or wire ties, about 2 1/2 " above the other existing lnb (see photo) Attach the cable from it to the dtv receiver and in dish pointing change the transponder to one of these 23, 25, 29 and you'll probably aready have some signal, slide it up or down, keeping it flush with the other. Once she's dialed in epoxy or super glue to the original lnb. This is soo easy!
When done you now have a single existing dtv dish that will pull many DN channels or all Bev channels, for your NEW FTA receiver!

Hint: I also use wire tie or string around the lnb horns to draw them together and focus on center=better quality.

Upload

Upload

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Bashir77ca

Post Number: 14
thank you man.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 9324
There is hardly any difference in price between a 18" dish and proper elliptical 20" dish. The latter is a better buy. If, on th eother hand, you are likely to need to scan 118.7 and 119 in the near future, you should get at least a 30" dish and get a Universal CB2008 or CB2008A LNB.
There is a trend towards scanning this two sats together.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14765
Nalin..thanks once again for a completely useless post which had nothing to do with the thread subject...

Once again U prove my point...U contribute NOTHING here

Gold Member

Post Number: 9337
LK: Everybody knows about your poormans' post - people are richer and want to go ahead with today's sats - not with ancient info.

Username: Extremetester04

Post Number: 4
very good post LK
lots of newer peeps have no idea about poorman setups, ex.. if you are aimed at dtv 101w using 18 inch dish simply add another standard lnb next to the other one (if facing dish) you would attach it (left side)of the other lnb make sure its flushed ..
this will give you 91w bev sat instant NO need for compass to find azm, elevation takes minns to do.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9340
And lot of newbies pretending to be experts haven't heard of Anik3 and 118.7W.
Get this straight - for a vast majority of people it is extremely difficult and often dangerous to go on changing things up on the roof.
You might not know it, but a lot of Canada and northern USA, has extreme weather patterns and you do NOT install makeshift LNBs.
So hobbyists and old time tester - GET LOST. We don't need your outdated advice here which could be dangerous as well.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14776
Nalin...I guess in Canada u don't need a roof dish and LNB's to get satellite TV huh?....LMAO

thats right U got that Haji magic carpet ride thing going on!...everythings magic for ya!...lmao

Gold Member

Post Number: 9345
Stupid LK:
It is YOUR post about a makeshift
suggestion to people that I was criticising.
Do NOT advise people to put up makeshift

"poorman's LNBs" on their roofs
- which is where the vast majority of people put up their LNBs in Canada and parts of northern USA.
It may be OK in florida where there are a lot of flat roofs but in parts of the world where there is heavy snowfall they have to have a sloping roof on houses.
Your idiotic advice will kill somebody one day.
A strong, durable and long lasting Dish/LNB solution is what most people need.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9346
How long will your home made strapped up LNB solution going to last in northern weather?

Will YOU be available to climb up on the roof in January to change the angle?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9347
LK: How many times have you advised people to go and change the Dish angles and settings in extreme weather instead of looking at the post properly and trying solutions that do not require climbing up and being out in the weather? Hundreds of times. Your idiocy and lack of concern for people knows no bounds.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9348
What ego has prompted YOU to come back to this forum to post this "poorman's solution" advice?

Silver Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 981
Nalin at this time i go up on roof whitout scale with all snow we have in Quebec city
Tomorrow we supposed to receive 30 cm again

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2206
Nalin,
Chill man,
LK just answered to a question i had posted for my testing purposes,and the strap that he is showing on the lnb should be good for its lifetime
if I had asked him about what dish and lnb's then his answer would have been diferrent, but i was specific about single fixed dish with no skew,it's no big deal

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14777
nalin...I have other homes in Mass and upstate NY, where they get as much snow as U...the poormans dish is very reliable in Northern climates...snow doesn't bother it one bit!..Do U think Canadians have "special" dishes due to the weather?...U are an idiot!

but how would U know about dishes anyways, U
have never touched one in your life!

Bronze Member
Username: Pulpfiktion

Post Number: 35
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Postergirl1

Post Number: 56
Excuse Nalin , it's that time of month for her.

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 2050
now everyone sees why everyone leaves here.to much bullshhit. and Nalin still hasn't provided proof for her allegation against lk.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9365
RTAP: The BS came from your mentor LK.
Every now and then both of you just ruch put a whole lot of rubbish from your hard drive onto the forum.
"A POORMAN'S DISH" has been touted by LK for a long time. such flimsy home made contraptions don't last in the weather of Northern parts - and what are you saving? practically nothing. Who is going to fix it in the middle of January in snow? - Nobody.
You need to go back to school and learn instaed of posting here.
I remember you showing off to a newbie a whole list of receivers and cable when all the poor fellow wanted to know was cable for his brand.
<b.Learn first before you try to teach and practice before you preach.</b.
Why don't you go and find out more about the ftaprosupport fiasco? Your mentor LK has admitted in this forum that she was aware of a fraud one month before she was enticing others here to become member. go and find out the similarities in the operation of the dssfta fraud - same story - get "donations" from people and then skip with the money.
Same happened at ftaprosupport.
Same was being promoted here just two weeks ago about marketrealty and again LK was supporting it.
So go and ask question where it is worthwhile finding out new fraud. Don't ask about something where people may want to lynch LK.

Gold Member
Username: Juancho

De los cerros mas alto..., BINDURABLE.

Post Number: 2634
I believe that nalyn doesn't know the true north,
I live in northwestern, on by superior lake.Small dish are the
way to go here,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us