Are DN Hi-Def channels DVB-S2

Bronze Member
Username: Tstdrivr

U.S.A.

Post Number: 77
Are all turbo-coded 8psk channels DVB-S2 or are they just DVB-S. According to genpix electronics there skywalker-1 is capable of receiving turbo-coded 8psk but not compatible with DVB-S2 FEC. Does that mean it can't receive DN HD channels. Here is a link for more info http://www.genpix-electronics.com/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=9

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 78
No one here knows???

Silver Member
Username: Bandizzy

Post Number: 217
The skywalker 1 is the one they put in the CW3000 to do dn hd.

Silver Member
Username: Vittu

Post Number: 192
not true..CW3000 does not support dish HD. Skywalker-1 is a standalone unit

Silver Member

Post Number: 218
Then why have I personally seen the skywalker 1 used with a cw3000. Yes they are getting DN HD with the 3000. Why do they sell them as a package deal. You outta know what your talking about before you tell some one it isn't true.

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
application/pdfUpload
Genpix Chart.pdf (39.6 k)

Silver Member
Username: Vittu

Post Number: 193
shlitz, you are right. What I was trying to say is CW3000 itself isn't good enough to get HD on dish but BEV will work just fine. You will need an extra gadget skywalker-1 that will enable dish HD. Genpix is selling it as a combo. If not, skywalker-1 itself cost $3oo. I have 1 and currently using it on my pc. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Luser

Post Number: 121
I believe it's like this while dvb-s2 standards require 8psk, 8psk alone doesnt qualify as s2. Nevertheless (I THINK) genpix products supports 8psk turbo coded FEC and thats whats important.

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
Dvb-s2 seems to be more of a requirement for satellite internet is what they are refering to. When I looked for one of those skywalkers they say sold out. Do now where to get one?

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 79
I emailed genpix and asked them when they will have them in stock and he said 1-5 weeks. I was able to sell my crap VS9000 so i gave them my money to be first in line when they do become available. they have a good return policy so if it doesn't work its no big deal but i do think that it might only be compatible with MyTheatre 3.38 (not earlier versions possibly)it said it was compatible with other software like Dream but will the Mpeg 4 be an issue with mytheatre cause it doesn't support that yet and that ones my favorite.

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
Your definatly doing your homework. I read in MT forums that it does'nt support mpeg4. I dont know how that all works, handled by software,hardware or videocard but I like dvbdream equal to mytheatre if it works for you. How much $ from genpix? I'll be anxious to know how that turns out.

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 82
I have a 7800GT vid card connected to me TV via composite video the vid card i know will work maybe i will just use dream for DN HD until mytheatre 4 comes out. I'll let you know how it works out. oh and the genpix is $299+shipping and as far as the other thread the DVBTech 8psk is $275 but if you said that you have to get an external dvd player and set it aside then your right back to 300 so i would say waiting for the genpix is probably a better idea.

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
What I meant was the module is the main thing. DVBTech is just selling the usb interface that you could get same from any external drive and still you'd need module. Basicaly DVBTech is a scam.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us