ADVANTAGES OF SWITHCHING TO PUFF.....Help help help

Bronze Member
Username: Somokano

Post Number: 20
Can anyone tell me what is the advantages of swithching to PUFF I have converted 2500 FLU to 2700 FLU and I have 254 bin and not getting any signals so should I convert to PUFF or not please help help help

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 9248
application/mswordUpload
INSTALLING PUFF BOOT AND BIN.doc (24.6 k)

Everything you need for 2500/Flu to 2700 conversion in one package.
Instructions included. Either b75 or PUFF
http://public.box.net/2500_full_kit
You must select whether you want to have the old b75 files or the new PUFF files.
If you have b75 boot, you must convert to PUFF boot to use PUFF BINs.

Read the instructions properly in the section you have chosen.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 14689
U are required to EVENTUALLY convert to PUFF bins, as in the future thats all that will be available...these new Puff bins are space savers for the coders, which they needed to create, as DN and Bev have made it necessary for the coders to use less memory space.. so I suggest U start using em now..its no big deal...a very simple conversion..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14690
LK
Platinum Member

Post Number: 14214
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 11:06 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From FWANK7 to all:

"First of all I have to thank Jvvh for always looking ahead of the game and for all he has done for us FLU/2500 reciever owner's.We all should be very happy and realize how lucky we are to have Jvvh on our side.

The conversion bins we have now are running out of code space room.Jvvh has for a bit now has this new style of conversion bins he calls PUFF.

With PUFF the BG (back ground) is put into the boot section freeing up the bytes that the BG takes up in the actual bin code itself.This new style also allows us to go a little bigger in bin size if needed to be. I believe it's from 448 kb to 512 kb maybe even a bit bigger then that maybe Jvvh will confirm the actual size we can go.

With this New PUFF style bin you will need to convert back to 2500 using just the boot60 bin.
As you have knight rider lights load the New PUFF 640 kb bin one time to get you converted to PUFF.
This is the easiest way we have found to do it so far.

Jvvh wanted something to show the peps when changing to PUFF that they will know that they have changed.
So Ukronic came up with a new display on your reciever display screen that will show this.
Once converted to PUFF your reciever display at start up will go from b 7 5, b 7 5 to P U F F , P U F F. Pause on F for 30 seconds then come ON.

You can NOT load a normal b75 compressed 448 kb conversion bin to your reciever afterwards and it must be a new PUFF conversion 448 kb bin.

You can NOT load a 448 kb PUFF conversion bin over the b75 conversion bins either, you must convert using PUFF 640 kb conversion bin first in order to load a New PUFF 448 kb conversion bin.

For now who's ever PUFF 640 kb conversion bin you put on your reciever to convert to PUFF will be the BG you will have embedded into boot section of your reciever. Don't worry Jvvh says we need to come up with tools to allow you to change BG but that will be in do time.

If you use my PUFF 640 kb conversion bin to convert to PUFF, Yes you can use other PUFF 448 kb conversion bins done by others afterwards but it must be PUFF style. NO you will NOT just have to use my PUFF 448 kb conversion bins.

It will just keep my BG on your reciever thats all. Again the BG you will be able to change in do time.

I have my PUFF 640 kb bin done already (Thanks to Ukronic) and it is a 253 bin so it is up and running. Just wanted to test it out first before I start releasing it to the public.

:shock: Everyone will need to eventually change to the PUFF style bins but I will post both sets to give peps the time to convert over to PUFF but again you will have to eventually do it.

Want to give HUGE THANKS to Jvvh for always looking out and passing his knowledge on to us. "You are truly the man Jvvh5897"

Special THANKS to Ukronic for helping me understand and helping me out time and time again.If it wasn't for Ukronic as well, I wouldn't know most of the things I know now."

Gold Member

Post Number: 9255
There are today 5 BINs for b75 and 4 for PUFF

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14691
LK
Platinum Member

Post Number: 14344
Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2008 - 10:00 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the new PUFF 253 bin to convert to PUFF PUFF

Also here is the Loader and Boot60 zip.

With this New PUFF style bin you will need to convert back to 2500 using just the boot60 bin.

In that zip file is the 2700 to 2500 convertor loader by Chancysand as well as the boot60 bin file.

Jvvh_Fortec-Pansat_CanAm_(PUFF)_253(640k) bin is the "MUST LOAD FIRST BIN" to get you converted to PUFF.

How to Load.

Open 2700 to 2500 Loader Converter.

Click Bin File, choose Boot60.

Turn reciever ON.

Let reciever fully boot up ,soon as you see ON hit Download.

Write will complete in 10-15 seconds.
Reciever will self reboot with knight rider dash (- - - -) rolling across display screen.

LEAVE RECIEVER ON DO NOT TURN IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Open FortecStarSTB loader or whatever Loader you use before.
Load Jvvh_Fortec-Pansat_CanAm_(PUFF)_253_(640K) bin.
Hit Download.

After download complete reciever will pause on dash.
Reciever will self reboot to knight rider dash (- - - -) "again".

It will pause on 4th dash for 3-5 minutes DO NOT reboot reciever LEAVE it alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reciever then will self reboot with P U F F_P U F F then pause on F for 30-60 seconds (wait) then display ON.

You can then load channel list or just hook up to Sat cable and TV and rescan your sats again(BLIND SCAN).
Set Default Key and let it A/R.
Turn A/R OFF (except Key Code) if experiencing rebooting issues.

No need to do a factory setting in main menu if your not having problems.
Do one if you are experiencing problems.

Both bins are clone safe.

http://rapidshare.com/files/97978493/attachmentpuff60_114.zip.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/97978679/attachment253puff_116.zip.html

This will now, if done correctly, convert your 2500 or 2500 clone to a PUFF 2700 receiver, which will now require PUFF bins in the future..ALL future converted 2500's and their clones which be required to use PUFF bins, so U should go ahead and do this conversion to PUFF now...

Since this above is the PUFF conversion and PUFF 253 fix which is ONLY needed to be done ONCE, there will be future PUFF fixes, like the now current PUFF 255 to keep current with latest changes...all u do is simply overwtite the previous Puff file, each time their is another newer Puff fix..I belive Puff 255 is now the most current, so just overwite it to the receiver after this conversion with Puff 253..

Gold Member

Post Number: 9256
For Pansat 2500/FLU
new conversions and converted to 2700

Use only on unconverted 2500/FLU or converted receivers.
DO NOT USE ON Genuine Pansat 2700 or on Pansat 2700 clones

Everything you need for 2500/Flu to 2700 conversion in one package.
Instructions included. Either b75 or PUFF
http://public.box.net/2500_full_kit
You must select whether you want to have the old b75 files or the new PUFF files.
If you have b75 boot, you must convert to PUFF boot to use PUFF BINs.

Read the instructions properly in the section you have chosen.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT
WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14693
Nalin Nyda
Gold Member

Post Number: 9144
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 07:06 pm:

LK is known to have given evidence against people posting at FTA sites. The evidence was given in Florida Courts.

Nalin...either provide the PROOF or LEAVE here...U have NO credibility anymore...and have been exposed as the malicious Liar you are with the intent of destroying this site and FTA..People like you are not wanted or needed here, as evidenced by the posts here..

and U provide OLD redundundant bogus info again...PUFF is needed eventually-so do it now,...and quit stalking me and misleading people here again with old useless C/P FTA info and lies about people ..

U should be banned for being useless , and a liar here!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9258
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?22/447768

Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 12:37 pm:
LK Platinum Member
Post Number: 14686 Registered: Jan-06

'''''''''..
''''''''..
Now , Ecoustics threatens me with this..
"Please stop posting false claims and accusations about eCoustics.com. You will be banned if you do not stop."

I never accused Ecoustics of hacking my computer...BUT they have allowed my PRIVATE email to be accessed and posted in PUBLIC by iguanadon, which in turn, resulted in me being victimized!

I'm sure Ecoustics will now ban me for speaking the TRUTH, but I hope enough of you read this BEFORE that, to see what can happen to you, if Ecoustics does not tighten up their security and also stop people from posting email addys in public!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us