Viewsat Ultra V2

Username: Explorer

Post Number: 1
Hello,
I'm new to FTA and need some help. I bought a new Viewsat Ultra Version 2 with USB. I managed to get set up and was watching TV. I tried loading new bin via USB. As it was loading the screen said "caution do not power down." It seemed to be taking fairly long to download so I decided to turn TV off. But, the remote was is SAT mode and the receiver turned off instead. When I turned the receiver on there is no picture at all. The LED on the front display is now ----. Is this receiver toast? Can I fix this some how? I tried the power switch on back but that did nothing.

Username: Viewsatu

Post Number: 10
are you getting line ---- like this??? try doming a factory reset...by loading the factory file from viewsatusa.com and then you new file

Silver Member
Username: The_coders

Post Number: 445
http://www.dssrookie.com/forums/b-font-color-cd2626-vs-ultra-files-font-b/viewsa t-ultra-fail-fix-179909.html

Post Number: 3
I have zero picture. It's as if there is no signal coming from the receiver going to the TV. The TV is showing "no input" as if there is no receiver even connected. I can see that the receiver is on but it's not sending a signal to the tv. I can't even get the menu to show.

Bronze Member
Username: Vic123

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 60
kevin sorry to inform but the guy you bought it off sold you a fake receiver (clone) i had the same problem..i took it back to the guy he couldn't fix it.n had to give me a new 1...bring it back to where you got it from coz its fake..

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 1590
Kevin,
forget the damn tv,your receiver is alive,listen to people
load the damn factory bin and then load the current bin.and next time wait for the damn bin to fully download.do as we tell you.load the factory bin

Silver Member
Username: Metallica

Post Number: 113
Kevin read this it C/P from Brucel

How to bring back your Ultra from the Dead >moved, Clyde<

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is basically a n00b proof guide on how to bring back your Ultra from the dead. I basically had this problem and through some research and help from you guys i was able to accomplish it. So here is how it goes.

First off don't panic and think calmly. There are some things you are going to need. And these are : Software, Cables and the ability to follow instructions.

Software:
-Latest factory file. You can find this either in the VS Ultra files menu on this site or by going to viewsatUSA.com (I used 1.31)
-Loader program (I used VS loader), instructions on how to use the program are included when you download.
-The latest fix, as in the .pgm file you normally download.

Cables:
-Null Serial Modem cable (usually included in the box)
*Note* If you don't have a serial port on your computer (problem with most new computers) you can purchase a serial to usb cable from bestbuy. I used the Dynex one, there were no drivers included so your stuck getting it from dynexproducts.com
Very important to know what com port the serial cable is on. Making sure that the cable is plugged in, go to control panel > system > hardware > hardware manager and look for the "COM" tab, and it should be listed there.

-Follow any instructions included very carefully as you will be writing to flash memory, and trust me you don't want to screw up there.

Procedure:
1) Unplug your sat box and hook it up to your computer via serial cable.
2)Load the latest factory file through Loader. *THIS HAS TO BE DONE ON YOUR COMPUTER FIRST!*
3)Either unplug from computer and go back to tv and load latest fix via usb, or load latest fix through Loader.
4) Complete

Closing Notes:
Although this may seem simple enough, i cannot stress the fact of doing everything properly. Any slip up could cost you your box. Always let the install complete and wait till the sat box turns off, comes on again and says "End". If you interrupt power at anytime through the install you could be in trouble again.

I may have forgetten to add anything so if you have any questions or additions, Post away

this is for ultra dont use the files for the ultra use the file for your box and this might get you up and runing hope it helps you and you can get all this info and more at crazyfta dot com enjoy and you will not get ancer like that ancer you got from ftakeys and wee have live chat to help you better

Post Number: 4
It's Alive!!! I sincerely appreciate all your help Metallica!

I will be joining crazy fta dot com ASAP!!

Silver Member
Username: Metallica

Post Number: 114
no problem Kevin..
i'm glad it alive now.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Birdwatcher

Post Number: 680
oh, it says "the ability to follow instructions" so i guess kevin is f.ucked

Silver Member
Username: Birdwatcher

Post Number: 681
your standing right in front of the fu.cking tv. how lazy or hard is it to reach out and turn off the tv manually while your doing something important like downloading new file. and it tells you "CAUTION DO NOT POWER OFF"

Silver Member
Username: Regio65

Monterrey, Nuevo Leon Mexico

Post Number: 233
DAVIDVANDIESEL YOU FU...WHITE TRASH

Silver Member
Username: The_coders

Post Number: 452
Upload

Post Number: 5
What difference does it make? You probably don't even own a satelitte ya goof.

Bronze Member
Username: Kels

Post Number: 21
What I can't understand is why davidvandiesel would post a comment like that (as useless as it is in the first place) about Kevin.

It's obvious davidvandiesel can't read as his post came 3 hours after the last one from Kevin saying that his receiver is alive again.

Kevin: Glad your receiver is back up and running!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us