Username: Desi_munda

Post Number: 94
what is nfusion and how it does work.
sorry for new thread,

Silver Member
Username: Silver1123

Mexico, DF Mexico

Post Number: 451
nfusion is a FTA reciever that requires an Internet connection at all times. You need high speed Internet. It works with a system called IKS Internet Key Sharing. nfusion has been up while other FTAs are down.
People believe that nfusion is never down, but it ocasionally goes out for 15 minutes when big ECMs are launched.

Silver Member
Username: Kingofdakingz

Post Number: 166
so is it going to be same like this in future never going down in future for while or something?

Silver Member
Username: Bill038

Post Number: 468
Who knows,nothing lasts forever.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
so u mean we cant use internet with our pc?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
i mean, we need one connection for nfus... and one for pc. right?

Gold Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 1848
Just get one internet connection from your internet provider. Buy a splitter and put one wire to your PC and the other one to nFusion. But, I think nFusion's also have wiresless network support, so just simply buy a router.

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 2710
they dont have wireless, u dont "split" ur ethernet either. u buy a small 4 port switch. plug them both in it.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 8082
AV: You were absolutely right when you used the word "router".
You can buy a 4 port + wireless router at Future Shop for as low as $20 on sale. Comes preprogrammed to respond to IP address 192.168.0.1, if I remember correctly, and is easy to set up.

Bronze Member
Username: Koku99

Post Number: 58
To set up Nfusion. You can get a wireless router with four ports. The modem is plugged into the WAN port of the router. Then computer will be pluged into one of the four available ports. The receiver will have an input where the network cable can be plugged in. The other end of the cable will go into one of the other available ports on the router. Now you are set and ready to go.

If you prefer to use wireless networking to run your receiver, you can also do that. You then have to purchase two Netgear XE102 Powerline Ethernet Adapter. It's also simple to setup. You plug the network cable from the router to the adapter. Plug the adapter into the wall. Then run a a network cable from the receiver to the adapter and plug this adapter into the wall and you are ready to go. Below are pictures of setting up the receiver.Upload

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 2711
most of the time u dont need to buy arouter... just a switch. Most cable modems or dsl ROUTERS (see the name) let u do dhcp (have more than one private ip addy) Buying a 4 port switch will run u 20 bucks. No need to use 2 routers on a home system, can get confusing if u using dhcp. If the nfusion had a wirless card in it, it would be much better.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 8088
Darshan Raja : Very good post

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
Thanks Nalin. I've been using this forum here since June 2006, and you've been by far the most helpful of anyone here.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1849
Splitters are even better than Routers because they're cheap and you can also buy them at Future Shop. You just plug in your internet wire to the main port and on the other side, there will be 4 ports. Use one for PC and the other for nFusion. Splitters dont hv wireless feature but they r still good and cost under 20 bucks

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 2244
darshan raja good pictures..
i was thinking since i have direct connection..
lets say i buy a netgear and i am also using wireless laptop..so can i record something on my wireless laptop using netgear.. or do i need to connect network cable in order to use ipvr..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1850
two Netgear XE102 Powerline Ethernet Adapters already come with each nFusion unit

Gold Member

Post Number: 2246
when i bought it it didn't....
av how much you paid.. in canada..

Silver Member
Username: Tale

Post Number: 150
I am using Wireless desktop and is not working ...keep freezing TV and I have bad experiance with IPVR so far anyways !
I wish someone can say this works perfectly and tell us the setting he has !

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
so to use nfusion receiver, my pc should must start, if i shutdown then i cant use nfusion, right?
for the internet connection...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2252
don't need to turn on pc..
internet must me up all the time...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
i m not using cable, i have ADSL connection which is connected by Telephone line with modem.

Username: Youarenumber1

Post Number: 10
Does nFusion support closed caption?

Silver Member
Username: Tale

Post Number: 154
Husain !x You need a Router so You can connect PC and Receiver !

Bronze Member
Username: Snissar

Post Number: 66
how safe can u be with nfusion/internet based reciever?

Username: Pgomes

Post Number: 6
Does it broadcast DISH or BEV?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
Does it broadcast DISH or BEV?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1852
Broadcast? It's a FTA receiver which you can use to receive FTA channels as well as hacked Dishnetwork and/or BellExpressVu channels.

Username: Fwans089

Post Number: 6
They Say that there is a possibility of getting caught when using nfusion, is that true?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1853
No! The wireless/ethernet port feature in nFusion is legal and can be used to receive software upgrades from nFusion. They can't tell if you're receiving a legal upgrade or an illegal one. People are worried because they think that DN/BEV will trace their IP address, etc. This is not gonna happen because they don't have time to trace every single IP address and check if it's good or running something illegal. So, I think nFusion FTA receivers are good and safe to use. They cost around $220.00 here in Toronto, Canada with FREE SHIPPING. But, you can always try eBAY for cheaper prices.

Bronze Member
Username: Ricosaoco

Post Number: 52
this is something that I read on a forum about Nfusion and people been scare about traking them:
The argument of "ohh, well, it uses the internet and you can be tracked" is a total fallacy because last night on IRC we analyzed the packets from the nFusion through WireShark.. they are heavily encrypted UDP packets running as background noise on PORT 80, meaning it blends in with everything else you do on port80.. also, the IP it connects to is a south korean IP, so explain to me how B3V or DN has any jurisdiction or capability of getting any type of information from the box? Also tell me how this is any different from coming and exposing your IP on a public IRC channel, or from downloading files off of an FTA forum hosted in North America? *cough* totalfta *cough*
\So now where can I get a Nfusion in Montreal or ship here?

Username: Freedomrains

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1
willy added a very good arguement! the nFusion is just as traceable as your computer via IP.... going around downloading Bins from sites hosted on US soil is more likely to screw you versus having a nFusion receiver that actually connects to overseas servers for data, it would be very very difficult for any so called authority figures to demand your IP data from some random host in korea!

Silver Member
Username: Borinick

Post Number: 264
do is it need satelite conection lnb or is it just from the internet .

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 7
Yes need a satellite connection, its TV , the internet connection is just used to *update* the box when necessary

Silver Member
Username: 1tina_chick

Post Number: 195
If you have a DSL or Cable router with an open port can you just

plug in the nfusion hook up the dish and your good to go ?

Thanks in advance .....

Bronze Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 14
Yes, just replace your existing FTA receiver with an nFusion connect a CAT5 ethernet cable from your router to nFusion and thats it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Hi Sada, If you would like to have pvr then it is better to have direct connection. It does not work well with the wireless connection.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us