Signal interference in different receievrs.

Bronze Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 56
Another testing problem

Two receivers connected to 4 orbital locations all by dual LNB's and two 4x1 DisEqc switches.

Old set up had 4 calamp dual LNB's on 18 inch dishes connected on both DisEqc switches - 119 port 1 and 110 port 2.

New set up is CB 2008A (not very sure - may be a clone) connected on port 1 to 118.8/119 ( on both switches) from the new 30 inch dish and calamp dual LNB is connected on port 2 to 110 (on both switches) on the old 18 inch dish.

New Problem: 119 can be watched on both receivers concurrently. However cannot mix and match - cannot view 110 on either receiver, if 119 is being viewed on other receiver, says no signal - however when 119 is turned off on the other receiver, 119 has 97% quality.

What could be the problem:

(a) Dual LNB is unable to confine 119 output to just the requesting receiver, but sends to both the receivers.

(b) Bad DisEqC switches

(c) LNB may not be really a CB2008A (looks like a clone)which may not really be a dual output but twin output one for each band

Please let me know?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
bump

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 7845
Some hints:
You need to experiment with different LNBs disconnected. Make sure you turn off receivers before connecting/disconnecting.
The CB2008A may be accepted at output port 3 and be seen as port 3. Try it on its own.
The original 119 dual may really be a 119/110 twin.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
Thanks Nalin

Original calamp LNB's are dual or twin output for only one location. The twin dual terminology is not consistent

New Configuration:

Port 1 of both DisEqc on 119, by LNB 2008A for both receivers. (30" dish)
Port 2 of both DisEqc on 110, by LNB calamp for both receivers. (18" dish)

Can handle only 1 and 1 combination in both receivers which is 119, any other combination of 1 with either 2, 3 or 4, is no signal on receiver 2 or 3 or 4, does not matter which receiver has 1.

Old configuration:

Port 1 of both DisEqc on 119, by LNB calamp for both receivers. (18" dish)
Port 2 of both DisEqc on 110, by LNB calamp for both receivers. (18" dish)

No problems with any combination

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
Original post has error it should read

"when 119 is turned off on the other receiver, 110 has 97% quality."

instead of

when 119 is turned off on the other receiver, 119 has 97% quality.

Bronze Member
Username: Zork_99

GTA

Post Number: 90
Try better diseqc switches if you are using the cheap throw in ones that come with FTA receivers...EMP and Chieta are pretty good.

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2325
Yo have a polarity conflict

Meaning Vertical TPs and Horizontal TPs mismatched
Yo say got 4 Orbit locations
110/118/119...What's the 4th orbit?

Where can a plarity problem come from?
- Can't use splitters
- Can't combine twin lnbs with 110/119 when use 118
- Bad or old bin in one of receivers

Yo may want to consider installing one sat at a time in each receiver
Be more careful with antenna setup as yo might accedidntly reversed one of the ports

Whatever the problem I assure yo it is a simple installation issue

Gold Member

Post Number: 7911
Can LNB 2008A on its own be connected physically and in software as Port 3? Nothing else connected to the switches.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Port 1 of both DisEqc, LNB CB2008A connected to two receivers. (30" dish) pointing at 118/119

Port 2 of both DisEqc, LNB Calamp for receivers. (18" dish) pointing at 110

Port 3 of both DisEqc, LNB Calamp for both receivers. (18" dish) pointing at 91

Port 4 of both DisEqc, LNB Calamp for both receivers. (18" dish) pointing at 82

No splitters involved just two DisEqc switches. All LNB's have dual or two outputs

Gold Member

Post Number: 7918
Looks good. Does it work?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
Looks good and works good mostly. Exception is whenever Port 1 -118/119 is being viewed on one receiver, other receiver has no signal especially for Port 2.

At times it is possible to get something on Port 3 or 4, but port 2 is impossible.

Do you think the DiSEqC switch might not be isolating higher DB coming out of Port 1 which has a bigger dish?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7926
1. Somewhere in your setup you have a Twin or a dual twin LNB. They have to be all Standard except for 118/119 which is a Universal.
2. The 118.7 is a weak signal - might need to amplify.
3. Check the exact signals individually, i.e. with everything else disconnected.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
It was working fine with single, never used other option legacy twin which I think is for Dishpro.

Checked all settings all are single with LO frequency of 11250, except 118/119 which is set at 10750. I think standard and single are the same - please let me know if I am wrong on it?

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 1322
Subash,
if you have another switch,try it.you might have fried this one

Gold Member

Post Number: 7948
Subash : Wrong use of words on my part. I meant somewhere in your hardware you have a twin LNB.
For antenna settings, it is better to use "standard" than "single

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
Nalin:

Of course it is twin output LNB and not dual, as per the nomenclature used at:
http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/lnb.htm

Standard is available in Pansat, whereas only single is available in C*oolsat.

It is a problem of concurrent use, individually on both receivers all Vertical - R and Horizontal - L work perfectly fine.

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2330
Subash
I told yo have a polarity conflict problem
It's up to yo to pin point the problem
Process of elimination

- Wrong antenna installation
- Mismatch port
- Faulty LNB outlet
- Faulty DISEqC or protocol or very long cables
- Bad connector from coax (sometimes very tiny short off shield due to poor crimps)

Very difficult to specify problem without first hand test

Start eliminating one possibility at a time
I would get a small TV new short known good cables extra DISEqC switch extra LNB etc., rewire outside your house
Make sure receiver is always turned off prior switching any cables
Yo'll find the problem if yo are determined

This is how we all learned
Come back and let me know how yo found the problem
Good Luck

Gold Member

Post Number: 7953
I have searched for description of outputs of the CB2008 and it may be that the two outputs are for 119 and 118.7 separately. This would cause a conflict.

Or your 110 or 82 or 91 might be a twin - There are lot of LNBs out there which scan 119/110 and have one output cable. That is how I use the word twin. These would cause a conflict.

There are lot of LNBs out there which scan only one sat and have two output cables for two receivers. That is how I use the word dual. These are what you should use for two DisEqC switches.

There are some LNBs out there which scan two sats (usually 119/110) and have two output cables for two receivers. I would call them dual twin. They are OK for two receivers directly.

Check this out - particularly the description.
http://www.partsforhdtv.com/ku-band-dss-dual-output-lnb-for-1187-1188-119-p-186. html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us