Testing 61.5

Bronze Member
Username: Cnn

Post Number: 11
Don't have hd receiver yet, I'm just testing to see if I can pickup good S and Q. I'm able to pickup quite a few TP's and not able to get any quality or channels from the HD TP's. Does it required HD receiver to pickup these TP's with HD channels? I'm testing with a directv LNB dish if that makes any different. thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 1924
dustin please explain what kind of reciever do u have ... what kind of channels do u want..
61.5 offers all inter.. channels with few hd..
what do u mean u can see only few tp's...
u will just need to pick signal ..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
I have viewsat extreme and thinking of upgrading with HD receiver. I testing to see if I can pickup the HD channels at my location. I know 61.5 is mostly international, and there are some HD channels as well. I'm watching tv on 61.5 right now, when I scan 61.5 none of the TP's where HD channels come in...no signal/quality. Example, TP 1 (Freq 12224) and TP 2 (12239) and others with HD channels have no signal/quality. my question is do I need the HD receiver in order to pickup these TP's where HD channels are located. thanks for your reply.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1938
u will see hd channels once u upgrade to hd rec..
and also u need extra module (some upgrade ) to hd receiver..
best way to watch lots of hd channels once you have hd rec is to move ur dish to 82 west lots of hd and no need extra module etc..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Sada, thanks for replying. I've been trying to get 82 for awhile now but not able to because of my location in TX, USA. I can pickup 91 but very low S&Q on 82. I know I will not see any HD channels but thought at least I can pickup signal for those HD channels. According to your reply, I won't be able to pickup up those TP's with HD channels w/o the HD receiver. thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1939
did u tried adding an lnb to it cost $ 25 or so.. if u can't do it ask any installer.. they have eqip (sat meter... gives more signal..
( if u are trying to use rec and tv method.. its hard to do..). i think best way to do is add another lnb to it..
and when u got the hd rec u need hdmi cable to watch hd tvs..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I did, got dish 500 with two separate lnb...I'll try it again to get 82. I've read somewhere a few months back that bev will sometime in early 2008 move sat around which will required add-on modure to pickup MPEG-4/HD channels, is this correct. In your opinion do you think it's worth it to buy HD receiver w/o module for 82 now, I hate to spend $400 bucks and end spending another $200+ for the add-on modure in a couple of months. thank

Gold Member

Post Number: 1941
for bev u don't need module..
for dn u do...
for now but things can change...
for now bev is best to go for hd tv..
adding module i won't recommend it .. just move to bev .. bev have lots of hd tv..
as you already know how many channels are there in 91 and lots of ppv's are in hd too ( i think on 91 dish),,
so if things get change u can get extra module..
or so..
and i have hd tv too.. but i hav nfusion rec.. i was thinking about hd rec.. waiting for nfusion to release hd rec..b.c all the matter is support.. if u have hd rec like viewsat etc.. and when dn is down.. its not fun..
first check how are they releasing files with hd reciever.. i think they are same but make sure..
buy sonic view or viewsat hd ... both are good in support etc..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us