Pansat 2700 USB RS232??

Silver Member
Username: Heyhowru2004

Post Number: 115
Hey guys,
I have pansat 2700 A. I want to update the bins. I found a usb rs232 from radioshack. Do you think this will work. Did anyone use this before???I have windows XP. Thanks.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2036258&cp=&sr=1&origkw=rs 232&kw=rs232&parentPage=search

Silver Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 952
joe,
you need a null mode cable,what you need is a null modem male/female adopter which you can buy at radio shack for for about $8 and attach at one end of your cable.Alternatively you return the cable to radio shack because it is expensive and just buy a null modem cable from ebay for about $5.good luck

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
Hey african
I have a laptop not a desktop. So i dont have any rs232 ports. thats why it has to be usb. do you think the one from radioshack will work?? i tried one from aby before it didnt work.

Silver Member

Kenya

Post Number: 954
i had the same problem so i went back to using laptop.I had read a post where you could use a laptop via usb port ,if I can find it i will post it

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
thanks...

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 7150
USB to Serial.
1. Always buy a USB to serial adaptor with its own CD for installation.
2. Do not allow windows XP to install automatically - instead use the CD for the installation and drivers.
3. Make sure you have it connected as COM 1 TO 4, preferably COM 1 or COM 2.
4. You can check above by going into Device Manager of your computer - you have to have Administrative privileges.
5. If you are not sure of the cable you have, buy a M/F null adaptor and use it in series with the cable for one type of cable and without the null adaptor for the other type of cable.
6. THIS IS IMPORTANT. BE FRIENDLY WITH YOUR NEIGHBOUR, BECAUSE IN SPITE OF YOUR EFFORTS YOU MIGHT NEED TO USE HIS OLDER COMPUTER WITH SERIAL PORT!!

Silver Member
Username: Charjam

Post Number: 295
on my old laptop i had windows XP and a usb cable from radio shack . it worked good but when i got my new com. with vista windows it would not work . But you do have to go into device manager and see where it goes and maybe you have to move it .com port that is

Silver Member
Username: Jowhar

Post Number: 179
Hey I have laptop with vista and usb from Radio shack frist time did not work but 2nd I want to the device manager and change the port com to one and it work but will take 20mnts to download

Silver Member

Kenya

Post Number: 957
David and lucky,
great posts , it's nice to learn form people like you,thank you both

Silver Member

Post Number: 180
Np

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
thanks you guys for the help....i'll go buy it from radioshack...if does not work i can always return it :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 181
I only get labtop at home and the usb is the only one I use My pansat clone to downoad avery bin that cames out.sameone will bee here, Just ask.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us