Weak digital signal

Username: 99cll

Post Number: 1
I have standard cable service with Time Warner. Digital channels on my new Toshiba HDTV with NTSC/ATSC/QAM show the message that the signal is too weak to pull in the picture, even when I bypass the input splitter. What's going on, and is there any way to get the digital channels w/o upgrading to digital service?

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 725
It could be anything
- Upgrade to RG-6 Quad shield cables in your house
- Poor Cable Utility line, connectors
- Interference in your cable modem

You can try inline signal ampifier $6 on e-bay

-DIGITAL CABLE BOX FILTER & AMPLIFIER FOR HD
-INLINE SIGNAL AMPLIFIER For CABLE TV/SATELLITE BOOSTER

They will look like this
Upload
But I'm almost certain it is in your wiring both inside and outside your home

Username: Fred_flintstone

Bryan, Texas USA

Post Number: 1
My question is about loosing my video and only having audio onmy hdtv. This happens at random, but never while the tv is on. It will be when I turn it on, that there is no picture. The picture comes back sometimes. But, if I want to keep the picture, I have to leave the tv on.

My quesiton is more related to being harrassed by a neighbor, who is into many covert rf devices that do all kinds of things. I hear a lot of popping in the background when I am watrching tv, like they are trying to make the picture go off, but can't do it, because they have waited until I was already watching something. I have cctv, and the monitor also goes out. (the screen turns black like it is turned of, but it is not turned off, and when I try to turn it off, the power light only weakens, it does not imediately go off. Is it possible for someone to be able to control your electronics from the next house? We live very close together. If anyone at all can help me with this, please do. Oh, when I try to turn the tv off, it also has the light still on, just in a differnet mode, It will be red instead of green. (Two lights.) When the tv power is really off, I only have one red light I recently had a fairly new thermostat stick for my central heat, making my home 88 degrees. The service man said that it doesn't usually happen until they get much older. I had to throw the breaker to get it off. It has never happened again..I just really need some help with this one, and I'm not sure where to go yet..Thanks in advance for any you can come up with..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us