Username: Fortec16

Post Number: 155
Channel Name fix - is any file there?
Any new bin file out?

Gus

Silver Member
Username: Fortec16

Post Number: 157
CW600s new channel name fix file out there?

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 941
there is but you will not get any files at this site you have to go regester for free at completefte dot com or dssrookie dot com or f2atv dot com all of this site have files for cw and free i do not no how you got 157 post and i went to look for you and if you have cw600s there is no long name file for that box that box is not as strong as the cw600p witch dos have a file for long ch name you should have spent the extra 10 or 20 for the cw600p you can go look but i did not see 1 have a good night

Silver Member
Username: Bandizzy

Post Number: 197
a long name list for bev and dik for the 600s.
application/zipUpload
Jez_CW600s_Bev&Dish_LongNameFix.zip (26.5 k)

Silver Member

Post Number: 198
load in stanbye mode

Silver Member

Post Number: 199
it's posted at ftaforall if ya don't trust this one.

Silver Member

Post Number: 945
i went to look at complete and it is not there but ill put it there thanks shlitz i have the cw600p so i do not look up much info for the cw600s thanks for the file keep up the good work

Username: Nakedgirl

MY SKIRT IS UP AND MY ...

Post Number: 3
They are selling CW 600 s premiums in canada for 87 bucks including shipping and taxes.I was thinking of buying one from a place called DVB101.NET Anybody like to reccomend this unit and or this site for me? Do I have to worry about clones. Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 946
best bang for you dollar i do not no dvb101 if you lived in ottawa ont or area i can have one at your door today my bud at ftatronix dot com and he will not sell you a clone you will get real cw600p and he will ship to you call him 613-255-2702

Username: Nakedgirl

MY SKIRT IS UP AND MY ...

Post Number: 4
Thanks Bruce! I ordered from dvb101.net before I read your post. I did a google on them and it seemed ok. They told me brand new in box right from CW, SO i CROSS MY FINGERS.

87 BUCKS including shipping sounded to good to pass up, hope they continue providing bin for 600.

Silver Member

Post Number: 947
naked girl read this and you will have a good stare on nowing your new box
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS CAPTIVEWORKS CW-600s PREMIUM. GO HERE FIRST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS CAPTIVEWORKS CW-600s PREMIUM. GO HERE FIRST

HOW TO FLASH.
You can flash (load) your receiver with a bin on top of the bin (file) you already have. It will replace it.
Use a Null CABLE RS232 on your receiver from the computer. Or use a Null adaptor from Radio Shack number 26-264B to make a straight through cable a Null cable. Take the cable off going to the LNB to be safe. If you don't have a 9 pin plug on your computer you may need to use a USB to Serial cable 26-183 at Radio Shack with a Null adaptor. If you need a 9 pin mail to mail gender adapter it is item #: 26-231. You will need to install a drive in your computer for the USB cable.

Un-zip all the files and hook up the cable from your computer to the STB, have the STB off with the switch in the back. Start the loader and click on the FILE folder. Find the bin file you un-zipped that now ends in BIN. Click on it and it will automatically go in the loader. Select DOWNLOAD S/W then select a COM PORT. You can flash several ways, this is one way and does work. NOT on the remote but in front of the receiver hold in the power button as you turn the switch ON in the back. The word BOOT will stay on the STB front panel. Now you can click START on your loader and the % should move up. Or you can flash in the standby mode. Standby mode is when you have the receiver ON in the back and OFF with the remote. You will see the time or --:-- if there is no time. Don't do anything as the progress bar is going across. Make sure the Computer & STB are done before you go to the next step. They may not get done at the same time. The receiver needs up to one minute to process the data after the computer is done, (DON'T RUSH THIS). The receiver will count down twice then show "-End". When done turn receiver OFF & ON from the back. You may need to do a FACTORY DEFAULT instructions below.

PLUGGING IN CABLE.
Make sure you plug in the cable from the dish to the receiver at the LNB IN. The cables coming from the dish to the switch should be put on the switch at the same number as you have set in your receiver. "Example", 119 cable goes on number 1 on the diseqc switch and the receiver has #1 for 119 in the program. You can only get one Satellite for each one LNB you have. Two LNB's two Satellites, and so on.

You should set your settings. Below is what you may be able to use.
MENU, INSTALLATION, ANTENNA SETTING side arrow to ECHOSTAR 7 (119W). Then do the same to ECHOSTAR 6,8 or 8,10 (110W)

----------------------EchoStar 7 119W.----EchoStar 8,10 110-------Nimiq 1 91W
Transponder--12224/V/20000/5/6--12224/V/20000/5/6--10964/V/19850/3/4 Or one that is close.
LNB Freq------------11250----------------------11250-------------------------11250
LNB Type------------Standard----------------Standard----------------------Standard Dish Pro change to OCS-DP
22kHz-------------------ON------------------------Off--------------------------- -Off Can't use 3 Satellites with this switch.
Diseqc Number------LNB1----------------------LNB2--------------------------LNB3 This should match the cables on the switch.
Legacy SW-------------OFF-----------------------OFF----------------------------OFF
Motorised System---None----------------------None---------------------------None If you don't have a motor.

THIS IS WHAT THE SETTINGS ARE. You can start here then change them later.
MENU, SYSTEM SETTING, SYSTEM
Menu Language------------English
Audio1-----------------------English
Audio2-----------------------English
Close Caption---------------OFF
Channel NO.-----------------SID
TV System-------------------NTSC
TV Screen Format----------4:3
Recall History----------------OFF
Auto TP-----------------------ON
Key Update Message--------ON
Bell&Dishnet Full Name-----ON

MENU, SYSTEM SETTING, OSD, OK
Background--------------------B-1
OSD Transparency-------------8
Display Icon-------------------YES
Auto Exit Channel List--------YES
EPG Style----------------------Old
Hor Offset---------------------+00
Ver Offset---------------------+00
Time Out----------------------3 Sec
Channel List-----------------CH-24
Time Display Format---------12
Auto Roll----------------------ON

SCAN A SATELLITE FOR CHANNELS
When done the above and still in your Satellite Settings click the red AUTO button on the remote to scan that Satellite. Do it to each Satellite you want. Say NO to only FTA channels wanted. The PROGRESS bar will move down and the screen will change when done each Satellite.

SCAN A TP
MENU, INSTALLATION, MANUAL SEARCH, side arrow & pick a satellite. Then down to FREQUENCY, then change to what you want, then down to SEARCH TYPE change to ALL then OK.

SELECT ECHOSTAR & BELL PACKAGES
Press the "SAT" Button from your remote and choose the option.

TURN TP AUTO-ROLL OFF & ON
MENU, SYSTEM SETTINGS, SYSTEM then down arrow to AUTO TP then side arrow to change.
HOW TO TURN OFF KEY AUTO-ROLL
MENU, SYSTEM SETTING, OSD, AUTO-ROLL on or off

BLIND SCAN
Main Menu, Installation, Antenna Setting. Then selecting a satellite, press YELLOW key on your remote.

IMPORTAIN, PATCH ENABLE - SET DEFAULT KEY
On remote click the F1 key then the number key 0 three times. If you get a message PATCH DISABLE then do it again to get PATCH ENABLE that will set the default key.

DO A FACTORY DEFAULT
MENU, INSTALLATION, FACTORY DEFAULT, ALL, NO, YES, OK.
When you do this in ALL you will also clean out your channels and Satellite settings.

ENTER KEYS MANUALLY
MENU, ACCESSORIES, KEY MENU, OK
Then side arrow to NAGRA2, then down arrow to 00 01 01 DISH NET, then click on the GREEN button at the bottom of the remote that says PAUSE. Don't change the ProviderID or the index number. Move arrow over to KEY.
When you get the keys you need to know what line number to put the keys on your receiver. So this may help you to put the keys on the correct line.
Keys 00 or 86 go on line 80
Keys 01 or 96 go on line 90
You can pick a letter with the down arrow & use the number pad for numbers. When done you need to click the OK under all the letters with the OK on the remote to keep in what you changed.

ICON FILE
This step is NOT necessarily needed. It will show an icon when you first go to a channel something like when you see ABC, NBC & CBS on the TV screen. You can flash this bin several ways. One way is to do it the same way you did the bin file, in the S/W on the loader and BOOT on the STB. After flashing the Icon bin you must turn the feature ON. Main Menu, System settings, OSD, Display Icon, Yes.

SET GMT TIME
MENU, CHANNEL MANAGER, TIMER. TIMER SETUP, side arrow to AUTO, down to TIME ZONE.

CHANGE TIME FROM MILITARY TO REGULAR 12/24
MENU, SYSTEM SETTING, OSD, TIME DISPLAY FORMAT 12 or 24

CHANNEL MASTER WITH YOUR PREMIUM
UPLOAD FROM STB TO COMPUTER
First you need to use the loader to get & save the channels to the computer.
Start loader 1.06P. Select a COM PORT then in OPTIONS select UPLOAD DATA. Then use a Null cable between STB & computer. Have STB ON in the back and have the POWER button in the front OFF to transferring channels back and forth. Then click START on the loader and the % bar should start. You will get -END when STB is done. Turn STB OFF & ON from the back to clear it. You will need to locate the channel file you just uploaded so you will know where it is. Start Channel Master and click on FILE, IMPORT, then CAPTIVEWORKS CW-600S. The channels should come up in CM where you can work & save it. To save the channels click on FILE, EXPORT, then CAPTIVEWORKS CW-600S.

DOWNLOAD FROM COMPUTER TO STB.
You can do this over the channel list you already have in the STB, it will replace it. Start loader 1.06 and set com port then in OPTIONS click DOWNLOAD DATA. Click on FILE folder and put your new channel list in it that does not end in CMPROJ, it must end in SDX. Have a NULL cable from your STB to your computer. Turn STB ON in back & OFF in front. Click START on loader and the % bar should start. You will get -END when STB is done, give it extra time. Turn STB OFF & ON from the back to clear it. You may need to PATCH ENABLE - SET DEFAULT KEY when done flashing with the channels. If you mess up or things don't go well. Do a PATCH ENABLE - SET DEFAULT KEY then set ALL your Satellite settings and do it over again. If you want to keep the channels in the order of when you put them in the STB then MENU, CHANNEL MANAGER, SORT CHANNELS, ORIGINAL CHANNEL LIST. If it is not there then the list is already in the Original list. If you assign names to each of your 8 FAV in your favorite lists with Channel Master it will not carry over when you flash your channels. To rename your FAV list you need to do this on your CW.
MENU, CHANNEL MANAGER, TV FAVORITES, OK. On the bottom of the screen you will see 8 icons. Each one is a FAV. Pick one you want to name with the side arrow then click on the green button on the remote. When done click on the red button.

GET 7 DAYS OF EPG
To get full 7 days EPG go to any channel on the listed Transponders. EPG will Populate for full 7 days in about 10 to 15 min, if you have more than one echo sats connected it will take 15-30 min to populate for all of sats.

Some TPs below help you get 12 hour EPG.
Dishnetwork
TP 12530
CHs 457 or 517
Bell VU
TP 12268
CH 212 or 615

SET 10 or 24 CHANNELS DISPLAY
Main Menu, System Setting, OSD, Scroll down to Channel List & change option to 10 or 24.
Whenever you press the Ok button it will show 10 channels or 24 channels.

TO SEE WHAT BIN & BOOT YOU HAVE
MENU, ACCESSORIES, ABOUT STB, OK, INSTALLATION, RECEIVER UPGRA, OK

RESET RECEIVER (HARD BOOT)
Sometimes you need to do a reset, (hard boot). Turn power off then on from the back.

SEARCH FAVORITE CHANNELS & TIME
Shows can be searched with start time and channel number by pressing the Click on
Find key on your remote, then select OK, then type your show name and search.

SET CHANNEL LOCK ON CHANNELS
Channels can be locked by going to, MENU, CHANNEL MANAGER, TV CHANNELS, Right Arrow, LOCK/UNLOCK go to specific channel and press OK key on your remote.

HOW TO CLONE ONE PREMIUM TO ANOTHER PREMIUM
Connect the master (the one with the info) and slave receiver (the one you want to clone to) with a Null RS232 cable. Start the master receiver and press "POWER" key to make it standby "- - : - -" or show time.
Start the slave receiver & that will make the master receiver led display 'H' and blink.
Input a password from the remote
111 to Transfer S/W (bin file)
222 to Transfer data (channels)
333 to Transfer data, then S/W (bin, channel settings)
444 to Copy whole flash except Boot Loader.
After inputting the password the transfer will begin. When it finish, the LED will Display "-End". Disconnect the cable & start your receiver you are done.

ADJUST TV VIDEO
By pressing zero "0" you can change the TV. Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Hue, Sharpness and Tint.

FIX NTSC FROM PAL TO STOP SCROLLING
Reboot your system once from back, then
Press Menu
3 Times down Key
Ok
OK again
5 Times Down key
Right/Left key until it goes to NTSC

CLEAN AND PUT LUBRICANT ON YOUR REMOTE.
If you have trouble with your number pad on your remote you can use ProGold G100P from Radio Shack to clean it, part number 64-4337

Silver Member

Post Number: 948
sorry got that info from completefta dot com you can get the new bin from that site for free just regester and lots of good reading for cw on that site

Bronze Member
Username: Agf

Post Number: 65
Captiveworks price in Toronto
Fortune computers in Toronto/Scarborough is selling these at the following price. I picked up a Captivework700 for 89 without tax
The Captivework 600s prem is for 69$ without tax.
Here is their webpage
http://www.fortunecomputer dot com/index.asp

Bronze Member
Username: Agf

Post Number: 66
Hello Bruce 1,
Thanks for your post on the CW600 instructions. I was wondering do you have such instructions for the CW700, I would appreciate if you could post it for newbees like me.
By the way thanks for your guidance in getting the files for CW700

AG

Silver Member

Post Number: 949
the 700 is a new box not much info out there on it found this How-to: CW-700S USB or Cable Setup Guide

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USB Instructions

Download and Unzip latest bin file.

Transfer unzipped file onto USB stick then plug it into the box. You should see a message that says USB ready. Now press the USB button on remote and then scroll to the right to open the Software tab. Look for new file and press OK to load it. After it loads, it will ask you if you want to reboot, say YES.

When it reboots then go in menu and do a Factory Default. Then reboot again from the rear power switch. When it comes back up again, now you can setup satellites and options and rescan all satellites. After that is done, exit out of all menus and with the remote press F1 000 to enable the Patch. You should see a message on your tv that will say PATCH ENABLED. Now wait for keys to roll and watch tv.

Cable Instructions

To Prepare Receiver:
Turn off and attach the null-modem cable between the receiver and the computer serial port.Then plug in the power plug.
With the CaptiveWorks 700 receiver off, press the front power button and hold it.
While holding it, turn the rear toggle switch on, while STILL holding front power button.
You will see "boot" on the front display.

1. Download the current loader - New CW-700S Upgrade Loader and unzip
2. Download the latest bin and unzip this file
3. Load the latest bin with the current loader as per these instructions:
Open the loader, select the latest bin in the "File" bar across the top.
For Options, select Download S/W.
To select a port, choose your COM port (usually 1). Then hit the start/load and wait for the receiver to display "-end". At this point, turn receiver OFF from the rear switch to reboot.You can now follow the last paragraph in the above USB instructions to help setup satellites and scan channels.

thanx goes to the author.
ill try other sites latter for you most are down right now do to all the new bins coming out
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us