Chancysand vs. JVVH - MUST READ

Gold Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 1696
Hey,

I was studing JVVH and Chancysand bins and it looks like there's a BIG difference in them. Chancysand is using completely different editing technique than JVVH. Basically, Chancysand is taking Pansat 2700 bins and removing the clone kill code. That's it, nothing else! So, which means you can also use Chancysand bins on Pansat 2700 Clones. Chancysand bins are NOT only for the converted units, it's also for Pansat 2700 CLONES. This is just my method, which is in testing and as soon as I get some tester to test it, I'll update you guys. From what I know, there's only one guy who makes Pansat 2700 CLONE bins and he's at DSS Rookie which is a DSS website that stays busy 24/7. I looked at Chancysand's and that other guy's bins and they're pretty much the same size and checksum.

So in conclusion, there's a high chance that those Chancysand bins will also work on normal Pansat 2700 CLONES. This is my own study and technique which I'll find an answer tooo ... soon

Gold Member
Username: Dude123

Post Number: 1730
before all this conversions came out Chansysand was the only one making the clone safe bin files for 2500 clones and 2700 clones. So I won't be surprise to see that his bins work for the 2700 clones thats old information....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1697
A lot of people use that TiVo bin from DSS ROOKIE to update their Pansat 2700 CLONE. DON, is the username of the guy who's currently making those bins and he's kinda slow in making them. Instead of wait, people can simple load Chancysand bins into their Pansat 2700 CLONE. What's the point of waiting whenthe file is already out?

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 3074
A clone is a clone is a clone.

Weather it was born a clone of a 2700 to look just like one or it was born a 2300 and you converted it they are both still clones..

If it is not a real made by pansat to be a 2700 its a clone.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1698
Huh? What's your point?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1699
Chancysand bins work VORTEX units ... they should work on normal Pansat 2700 CLONES as well as original Pansat 2700 receivers

Silver Member
Username: Viruscauser

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 704
AV, how do you explain the huge size difference between the two bins. Is the clone-kill routine that big?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1700
JVVH uses a long method to convert Pansat 2700 bins so they can work on the converted units. He takes those bins, removes the clone kill code, then he over writes it with his own coded script, and then fixes the checksum. Where on the other hand, Chancysand simply removes the clone kill code and fixes the checksum.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 6782
The conversion BIN, including the CS_235T_lightning will NOT work on a genuine Pansat 2700 clone and vice versa.

AV: "Where on the other hand, Chancysand simply removes the clone kill code and fixes the checksum."
Chancy's v1 Tivo, meant for the genuine clones did just that. His CS_235T_Lightning does much more than that.

Based on reading about the conversion technique, the conversion BIN, including the CS_235T_lightning will NOT work on a genuine Pansat 2700 clone and vice versa.
Try AV's suggestion, if you are prepared to do a jtag, or convert back 2700-2500.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 6799
Bump

Silver Member
Username: Kingofdakingz

Post Number: 143
ahhhhhhhhhhhh cool

Silver Member
Username: Letmeon

Post Number: 175
CS_235T bin power up problems.
cycling off on causes the unit to freeze and reset.

Jvvh 235 PansatRemote Bin --no problems on power up.
Have Pantec Ultra MX (2500 to 2700 converted)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us