Switching to plastic

Username: Karolpl2004

Post Number: 1
hey guys,
i know you all hate FTA ppl, but unfortunatly i was one of them.. now i know where the real free tv stands and that is plastic. right now i got a cs5000 platinum and a cs8100 pvr. both of them have smart card readers. can someone please help me get started? what things do i need to buy and what things do i need to download? help greatly appreciated.. =D

Gold Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 1006
You need an unlocked/unlooped ROM102 card. At this point in time, there is no advantage with a carded FTA receiver over a cardless.

If you do want to test on a sub receiver then you will need: card, sub receiver, glitcher, iso programmer, and software. Howto guides can be found on various dss sites.

Post Number: 3
take the cs5000, even with the card i will not get all channels? i mean those two receivers are the only ones i got..

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2118
Karol

Most all fta receiver have cardreaders. Yours is not unique in having a cardreader built in.

The "plastic" that all these users come in here and brag about working is rom102 carded DN receivers Modified.

You can get a DN receiver, A Readable, writable Card, all the hardware Needed to Modify the card for around $300-700 depending on WHO-What you know. Be prepared o study hard, do alot of reading, and have a few day's to spend learning how to get that system working. The card if and when you get it working in the DN receiver can become worthless at anytime. Then the receiver will not work and you will HAVE to buy a new card that can be modded for $100-200 depending again on who you know. Be carefull of false information and lots of scams out their in that "world".

You also can find a friend or pay-site to do all the work for you for a fee anything from-$150-400.

The DN receiver has to have a DN scatic dish antenna and no BEV or FTA sat's with a DN receiver.

On the other hand the FTA receivers will work again we are sure its just a matter of time. I would just wait or go look into the Nfusion or the better box the DREAMBOX. Those two are working now and do not require other hardware to modify other than a computer and a internet connection.

Hope that helps

Gold Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 1007
Karol, FTA TESTER is correct about getting nfusion or dreambox. The name of this game is for the networks to make stealing/testing very expensive for you, so, you have to find the cheapest solution (whether that means $$$ to you or the most uptime). I believe that IKS receiver (nfusion) can provide that for the next while.

If you want to test with cards, glitchers, etc... it will be very expensive. Plus there's always the chance that you'll loop (render useless) your ROM102 card.

Silver Member
Username: Oleg1474

Florida Usa

Post Number: 743
viewsat/pansat !!!
==================

*** Charlie & Beverly ECM freeze * FIXED *

NOTE:
- Do a hard reboot (power OFF-ON using rear switch) after every update.

===============
===============Thank you !! Oleg PHD.

Silver Member
Username: Baluja

Post Number: 170
I have a card reader in my CS 5k and open ROM 102 card too,Can it be of any use today to get back DN or/and B3V all chanels. I was using it last year and it was simple to use. Just download the BIN file aux the card in my CS5k.

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2120
go to the forum yu used last year. their you might find information about that.

we have NOT heard reports that the coulsat was being used again for that.

Post Number: 4
i found 2 sellers willing to sell me the yellow dish network card. one seller wanted $30 and the other $45. you are saying to stay away from cards and just wait for the next bin update? but dont card have better up time?

Silver Member
Username: Bandizzy

Post Number: 181
just cause it's yellow doesn't mean it'll work must be 102 or 103. 102's have a purple rim on two sides and the channel icons on it. you'll need more than that. a few hundred should do it. it aint nothing like fta. it is only easy when you know what your doing. looping cards aint cheap. but it will bring you lots of tv. cards might have better up time, but only if you know what your doing cause they go out every key change unles your autorolling, but thats not the safest thing to do now days unless you have a bunch of cards and don't care.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us