Viewsat Ultra Help

Bronze Member
Username: Rohinivikas

Post Number: 19
MY box is dead. I tried to upload a new file and it said "do not power off" and it didn;t disappear. Finnaly i turned it off from the back and when i turned it on, it did not respond at all. when I turned it on from the back it just keep saying on and and I see dash on the display of the ultra and off again

Gold Member
Username: Dude123

Post Number: 1612
You box is fried.....

were you donwloading the correct file on it?
you are not suppose to interept the receiver when its downloading file.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
How do i know whether it is a bad file or not. I had to shut it off from the back because the caution message was not disappearing. Please help me. I bought this only 2 weeks ago

Gold Member

Post Number: 1613
where did you get the file from? And can you also type out the name of the file that you have downloaded?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
I got it from totalfta and the file name is PFTAUSW-071214U-1.PGM

Gold Member

Post Number: 1617
well you have the correct file and total fta is the home site for viewsats, so you are on the right track there. Try uploading the file again. Did you use usb stick to upload the file? or serial cable?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1619
Load you file using the cable and the loader if you havent done so, some people are having the same problem when they try to load it using usb stick, and using the cable seems to solve the problem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
i have used the null model cable which caame with the box. I cannot use USB since the box is not working.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1620
try to upload the file again using the null modem and donot interupt the receiver if it starts to upload.
How long after did you shut your receiver off when it said "do not turn off"?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
After 10 or 15 minutes. PLease send me the neccessary file and clear instructions. Do i have to turn the receiver off from the back before uploading the file

Gold Member

Post Number: 1621
well you have the latest file but right now Nothing is working on the latest file (no B3V nor D!SH). However files that came out on Dec 07 seems to work for B3V so if you have that file then upload that using viewsat loader 2. Turn your receiver off from the back hit download, and you will get a dialog box saying turn your ultra on and thats when you turn it on using the back switch and then it should start to download.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us