Dead 3500 - replace with???

Bronze Member
Username: Kabob

Post Number: 28
The 2nd 3500 to bite it in a year! Jtag wont bring it back - tend to think its the ps(powersupply) - Anyway aint replacin it with another PanSat...

Thinking VsUltra or CS7000 PVR. Have friend with CS 7000 - WOW! Nice pic, sound and smooth(though slow/error prone support)- verses -VS Ultra tried and proven(great/fast support)

Must have USB or SD update capability!!! (have multiple recievers and just aint goin around cabling all)...

Recomendations welcome...

Bronze Member
Username: Fahq

Post Number: 18
Dreambox 7020! Conect it to your wireless router and access it form any computer in your house.

BTW hardly ever goes down!!!

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 1184
kabob your saying this is the second box thay fried this year.are you sure you are not loading the incorrect file.what does your front panel display,there is a jtag process that will bring it to life.

Bronze Member
Username: Mike_m

Post Number: 41
i have a pansat 3500. i,m haveing the b_70 problem i,ve tried downloading the new b-80 bin and i still get the b-70 been on this project since wednesday any hints or solutions thanks

Silver Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 245
http://www.pansatusa.com/qna.html

#2 will help

*** If the unit shows "b-70" constantly, it should be recovered first by using same boot method download with any old api file dated before Nov 19, 2006. Check www.pansatusa.com download section 3500S/SD model to get GTRom Loader v35.01 and May 26, 2006 api file. If the unit displays "ON", it means fixed and ready to upgrade to b-80 version and download any Dec 17, 2006 or after dated api bin file.

Bronze Member
Username: Kabob

Post Number: 29
Thanks, jtaged this unit once already, lasted 3 mo... Its total lights out! Think its the Power supply, meter cant find any power power at all!
Definitely goin to another unit...

Love a friends CS7000 - But maybe VsUltra or SV4000(proven units also).

Interestingly - its always the unit that drives the dish(have sg2100rotor/31" dish - and thats the unit that goes. Am readin forums per best replacement for moterized setups - Am likin the Sonic 7000pvr... xmas is commin soon!

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 5337
With the frequent ECMs, Dreambox 7020 is the obscure product to watch. It is software supported supported under OPEN GL license, and has a processor that ordinary good programmers can add software to more easily.

Roger Quinonez: Can you tell us if it is working in the North American Context and decoding Nagra 2?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Nalin: UP AND RUNNING ON DN (I don't test BEV)
So is my Conaxsat Trio. My Pansat is down at the moment. (sucks cause my pansat is in my bedroom)

But yeah, DN is up on Conaxsat and Dreambox.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
The good thing about Dreambox is that there is not one coder or a team of coders for it. There are many different coders all over the world, so files come out quickly. My Dreambox has been up and running for about 1-1/2 months with the same image files (bins).

The bad part of Dreambox, is that there is a HUGE learning process that comes with it. It's opensource LINUX, so unless you know your sh!t, it's an adventure to program the box. Once you get it going, IT ROCKS!!!! I have it connected to my wireless router at home, and I can access all of its function menus from my laptop and update it "behind the scenes" and my family dosen't have to stop watching tv.

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 996
Roger,

Can you point me to a good forum that supports the dreambox?
I would like to learn more about it..as a lynux user and IT tech it is right up my alley

Bronze Member
Username: Lotusbawa

Post Number: 17
Remote for Pansat3500SD not working after updated to B-80. Any fix for it. Had new file BIN "X-05BL_071122_339_api_NOCARD" loaded couple of days. Remote still not working. Thanks in advance.

Bronze Member
Username: Lotusbawa

Post Number: 19
ORIGINAL Message:
Remote for Pansat3500SD not working after updated to B-80. Any fix for it. Had new file BIN "X-05BL_071122_339_api_NOCARD" loaded couple of days. Remote still not working. Thanks in advance.

REPLY:
THE FTA TESTER
Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER , I WILL FIND IT FOR YOU !!

Post Number: 1169

Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 02:44 pm:
On your remote...did you check the batts? Put in brand new onesjust to be safe also you must hit the stb buttion on the top or the remote will not control the receiver...try that and let me know..

RESULT:
Pressing STB button helped. Thanks "THE FTA TESTER".

Silver Member
Username: Oleg1474

New port richey, Fl Usa

Post Number: 435
Posted on Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 06:53 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Folks as of 12/01/07 there are lots of channels that are down like ppv and adults etc. on dn and bev. There are some channels still up on dn and bev like A&E and LMN etc. Please do not start numerous posts about this problem. Go to the file section for your receiver and check to see if there is a new file out and if not then we will just have to be patient and wait. The coders are working hard to come up with a fix for this problem. As soon as new fixes come out they will be posted ASAP. Also please do not post questions in the file section about where are the new bins because they will only be deleted. Like I said before if a new bin comes out we will get it out ASAP. Thanks.

Just a little foot note. In the summer of 2006 most receivers were completely down for almost two months or better before a fix came out at the time. The only thing we could get was local channels so it is always good to have a back up if possible which for me is digital cable. You just never can tell how long something like this may last. (EURO666/ECU12-01-2007)

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us