Viewsat extreme

Bronze Member
Username: Scabz

Knoxville, Tn Us

Post Number: 27
I am adding a new reciever and was wondering if the viewsat extreme is better than the platinum lite ? I already have a platinum lite. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 4912
Spend a few dollars more and get a Viewsat Ultra. You will get the convenience of USB drive input

Bronze Member

Knoxville, Tn Us

Post Number: 28
Are the recievers at total fta ready to hook up or do they have to be modified ?

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 1030
have to be modified

Bronze Member

Knoxville, Tn Us

Post Number: 30
Modified meaning just adding the new bin files right. The sales person told that I didn't need to open it up and add parts just the new files for them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4936
There are clone Viewsats available and if you happen to buy one of those there is a complicated procedure of loading files onto them, requiring "opening and looking under the hood". If you buy from a recognised Viewsat dealer you will not have to do hardware modifications. You may still have to change the file (the BIN) now and then as new versions are published. This requires connecting to your computer to load the file. If you buy a viewsat Ultra, you carry the file to your receiver on a USB drive.

Bronze Member

Knoxville, Tn Us

Post Number: 32
I ordered from a site on total.fta so Im sure it's not a clone. I also called them. I was looking at the back of the ultras and they also have a 9 pin connecter. I don't know the real name of it. If I have to use the usb it won't be a problem.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4960
Whether you buy a extreme or Ultra, the serial 9 pin connection is standard and you will probably also get the appropriate cable.
If you ordered the ultra you can also use USB drive, which plugs in the front. some stores sell the drive as an extra addon and some give it for free or a low price as an inducement. If you have an Ultra coming and the USB drive is not included in your deal, you could go to Radio Shack, Future Shop, etc and get one.
The convenience and reliability of USB drive is enormous.

Bronze Member
Username: Nub2fta

N/a, N/a Canada

Post Number: 58
Nalin,
- "The convenience and reliability of USB drive is enormous."

How so?
nub

Bronze Member
Username: Nub2fta

N/a, N/a Canada

Post Number: 59
is there a tutorial that exists to explain step-by-step how to achieve this usb setup?

nub.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 13715
U use a simple small portable USB drive the size of a cigarette lighter to upload files into the receiver....no need to move receiver and disconnect cables and bring receiver to the computer and attach cables again when uploading new bins, which may be 2x a week or more......and no problems using USB ports on your computer, and no need for old serial ports that many newer computers don't even have...or no communication problems using cables from receiver to computer...USB drive loading is the ONLY way to go...

Username: Dotcomit

Post Number: 1
where are the updated file needed for the view sat ultra-- vs2000

Gold Member

Post Number: 4985
Nub2fta: You asked about.
"The convenience and reliability of USB drive is enormous."
LK has explained some of it in her primitive English.
Convenience: With the serial Cables, in most cases you had to detach the receiver from its connections and take it to your desktop computer, which is generally less mobile (detachable) than the receiver. With the, USB drive which is much smaller than a floppy and has enormous storage compared to a floppy, you get the software in the drive at the computer and then take the drive to your receiver.

Reliability Also the software used to upload the latest file to your receiver is that supplied by your receiver manufacturer, so it always works.
If you are using a laptop, you have the reduced reliability of a usb to serial adaptor to recon with. It is not so much about being unreliable, but more about the complexity of getting it to work properly.

Tutorial: There is no particular tutorial. The instructions are there in your receiver and the rest is pure common sense.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4986
Viewsat files are available at

[link removed]
[link removed]

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 13742
cheap shot nalin..."primitive English"...just who the fuuuucck do U think U are?...surely no English guru or FTA furu...U're such an azzhole...u just repeated what I stated again...at least answer somebody correctly and quit waiting for me to answer, so u can steal all my replies and plageurize them in your words..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4991
The Irish do not know proper English and speak even worse. It is a well know fact and you have proved it, old girl.

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 1080
Upload

Username: Dotcomit

Post Number: 2
thank you much Nalin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help