Help me understand JTAG for FLU

Silver Member
Username: Espn3

Post Number: 171
I read lots of posts on this and other forums about JTAG for FLU. While the h/w is clear the s/w instructions are not clear for me.
PLEASE help me and others to clear this subject as myself and many others have a need to JTAG because we converted our FLUs and/or we load new bins once every 10-15 days and something went wrong.

I can start with what I understand: H/W. You can build a cable or you can buy it ( under $10 ). Newer FLUs have a 20 pin connector ( 2x10 ), older ones have similar PCB layout and you can add the connector or 6 pins. Here are the connections:

DB25....... Via ............ IDC20
2..... 100 Ohm Resistor.. 9 (TMS)
3..... 100 Ohm Resistor.. 11 (TCK)
4..... 100 Ohm Resistor.. 13 (TDI)
5..... 100 Ohm Resistor.. 19 (TRST)
13... 100 Ohm Resistor.. 15 (TDO)
18-25.. 100 Ohm Resistor.. 20 (GROUND)

The DB25 is a male connector which connects into the parallel printer port.

Now I need your help to describe STEP BY STEP how to use the s/w. Some posts are talking about jkeys, others about fortec_ultra_jtag_**.bin, for FLUs converted to Pansat 2700 I see CS_221Tv2_FS_lifetime_Ultra.bin, etc. All these bins are 1024kb. WHich is the right one ? Is there a power sequence for the JTAG process ?
Also please indicate what files are needed to be loaded AFTER the jtag file: a boot file and a bin file or only a bin file.
Hope I'm not asking for too much. THANKS.

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
I found today that AV recommended www.dssworld.co.nr for the JTAG kit for FLUs. I read lots of posts and this is the ONE for me.
Just go to the site and under FTA Receiver Guides and Files, you find Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra - Jtag Kit. Download FLUJTAGProgram.zip and IT EXPLAINS VERY WELL EVERYTHING.
You run a program in the background ( wall.exe ) and another one ( jkeys.exe ) which is doing the job.
IT'S VERY SIMPLE and you end up with the FLU working again with the 293 code. If someone needs help please ask for details.

Silver Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 749
john go to dsscommuinty .. they have good info there on flu jtaging
http://www.dsscommunity* com/forums2007updatednewurl/viewforum.php?f=35
change the * to .

Silver Member

Post Number: 173
Thanks Doreen, I'll check it out.
Now I have solved my JTAG problem but I want to know if there are also other methods to do it.
The problem with almost all these sites ( except this one ) is that you have to register, log in, log out...

Silver Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 750
I have a jtag kit from that sight i could email it you if you would like . just PM me and i will email to that way .

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 1091
JOHN follow this link at future-ftadotinfo its the section on jtagging.

http://future-fta.info/Forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55

good luck

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 5040
RTAP:
john johnson
Silver Member

John does not need instructions to reach
future_fta.info
He knows 10 time more than you do. If you have done jtag yourself and have some special suggestions then you are welcome to inform him, otherwise let somebody else post here.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us