Nalin-LK

Bronze Member
Username: Kirankumar

Post Number: 55
guys,I am having a problem .I have 2 dishes.i have 110 and 119 on 1 and on second i have 61.5.all was well until sometime ago,but now the reciever only recognises 1 satellite.I changed the switch but same problem.the dishes have been professionally installed.do you think i should get another swith and ground it properly oe just go ahead and get a dp34 switch,or is there some other solution.please help

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 13661
need much more info..

dish type
lnb type
switch type
antenna settings
cable config
scans done
receiver type

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
reciever cs7000
dish 1 dish5000 has 110 and 119
dish 2regular 61.5
all single lnbs
regular cs mini switch located near the dishes 3 cables coming into switch one going out to reciever.will only scan whatever is in port one

Silver Member
Username: Viruscauser

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 414
You probably have the wrong antenna settings. LK asked for your antenna settings so let him have that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
ii9 freq 12457
lnb powe on
lnb single
fre 12500
dis 1 1 4

118 fre 12224
lnb sin
lnb power on
fre 12500
disc 1 2 4

fre 12326
single lnb
power on
fre 12500
disc 1 3 4

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 419
Were these dishes installed by DN or someone private? What's your receiver and what bin are you using? Go to system information and tell us what you see.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
Abby.they were installed by someone who works for dn.verything was very gooduntil a week ago.i have c00lsat 7000pvr with the latest bin 123 releasd 11/12/07

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 421
kiran, the problem seem to be in your antenna settings. I don't know about the c00lsat but I'm sure Nalin, LK or AV do and one of them will soon be around to tell you exactly what settings you should be using.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Abby,I am having the same problem as ileon and a lot of other people are having the same problem

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 423
kiran, while waiting for someone who can tell you about the c00lsat and how your bin handles the Diseqc settings, try this:

Echo 7 (119) on Diseqc #1
Echo 8 (110) on Diseqc #2
Echo 3 (61.5) on Diseqc #3.

and then run a blind scan on the Echo 3. If the Hindi is the only one giving you trouble, change and scan only the Echo 3 using the above settings.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
ok

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13662
Is it a Dish Pro 500 dish...or a Dish Pro Plus dish?...twin LNB?...dual LNB...or single LNB?

and in settings U have each sat "committed" in just their own sat settings, and others "uncommitted"?

Now, press Menu --> Installation --> Dish Setting, click Ok, enter password and scroll to your first satellite.You will need to enter your settings (as you wrote them down) for each Satellite LNB type, DiSEqC to 1.0 and commit the correct ports of the DiSEqC switch if you are using one.Press Exit and save.

and U have done an autoscan for each satellite, then saved and exit?

if dual LB, try using the other output...and replace the cable bewteen the LNB and disque switch...

when U change switches and cables, did U unplug the receiver?...if not, U'll blow the new switch immediately

it really sounds like a simple fix, either antenna settings (most likely)...or switch....cable/connection problem..

hopefully U wrote down and saved your antenna settings when all was working before..everybody needs to do that, cause thats many peoples problems usually...

Silver Member
Username: Kll

Post Number: 103
I got 3 sats 119,110,61 hooked up to my box and i have a problem to switch between chan. It is working good when switching from 110 or 119 to 61, but doesn't work opposite way it is going to scrambled chan, I have to turn off my box and turn it back on to see the pict. I put another switch and it works the same way. Can any one help me to solve it? Can it be a grounding?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13668
ground it and find out...

Username: Silverlion80

Post Number: 4
plz i need help with my viewsat i installed the new bin DBPSW-071109X but my 31.6w i cant get it to work i did factory reset and installed the new bin but nothing plz any body can help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
ok we will try that and see if it solves the problem,thanks for your help LK

Username: Fatroy

Post Number: 1
HI guyz ive been on this site for a long time but never really posted But i have the same problem switching between sats i have 119 110 and 61 its stuck on sat 61 i tried a new switch it worked a bit like a few hours and then same thing. when i try to download sats 110 it downloads channels from 61 ive been reading and trying to fix now for about 1 week but no luck I see alot of people having the same problem any suggsetions

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
LK I just did a ground to the switch and it is still the same to switch from 61 to 110or 119 I have to play with remote to turn box off and on

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13669
then read my post above...

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
LK I checked everything still the same. All channels are open just a problem to switch from 61 to 119, 110

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13672
replace the switch (unplug receiver first) and cable from the LNB to switch again...and recheck the antenna settings...there's nothing else ..

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 4961
I identify your problem as that of power supply. When you switch from 61.5 to the monster, the power draw is too much and things go haywire.

Settings on C00LSAT 7000
119 110
Freq 12457 12224
LNB Pwr on on
LNB Type OCS DP OCS DP
LNB Freq 11250 11250
LNB 22KHZ off off
DISEQ 1/off/off 1/off/off
Legacy SW off off

I do not want to get into an argument with some of the people who always want to disagree with me. The power draw problems have been discussed at this site before. I can inform you right away that they do not agree with me and usually come down with a shower of abuse, ridicule and profanity. So be prepared for it.

Below are some quotes from wise people at some other sites.

It is surprising you got this LNB to work using 1 C00LSAT receiver. The DPPlus LNBs are power hogs, I would not continue without adding another receiver or a power inserter.....

Did you put 1 or more additional receivers .... for current? If not, you are wasting everybody's time. Your receiver would have to put out 800ma to 1 amp to handle the load you are throwing on it.....

LOL...good of an excuse as any but a DP44 switch would do the same thing...comes with a power inserter good for 1.2 amps......

A lot of FTA receivers require two or more receivers on at all times to provide the current for this monster. The DP44 supplies the current and allows only 1 receiver to be operational.....

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 1854
no one is going to say u are the biggest idiot at this site... we wont call u stupid. we will just say... good post.

Username: Inderpal

Post Number: 3
Can someone help me please. I need loader for captive receiver.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4964
As expected the goons have started. They have no information, just useless posts.

dantetn : I would not want to displace you from the post of "the biggest idiot at this site." There are many many more contenders amongst your friends, the goons who no doubt will rush to protect you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4965
inderpaldhanoa : Please do not highjack this thread.
Start your own thread with the question and somebody will answer you.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13675
Its NOT a DPP power problem because he stated he has single LNB's which would NOT be Dish Pro Plus (they have a TWIN)

So before U start bashing others (goons, idiots, useless etc) and posting erroneous bogus antenna settings nalin, U need to know what type LNB's he has!

Nobody needs to rush to protect anybody...U make a fool of yourself with almost every post, with your erroneous posts and presumptions!

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 1855
shouldnt u be out doing something to a taco??

Gold Member

Post Number: 4969
More prowlers out with no information.

Post Number: 2
im going to change my switch for the second time and see what happens the first time i switched it worked for about 1 hour and then would not switch between sats it stuck on echo 3 could not read other sats

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 903
I will chime here now

My question is have you ever considered a motor?

LOADS easer, no switches to fight, and MORE SAT"S meaning MORE channels to watch..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4983
1234 5678 : When you connect/disconnect cable to receiver, ALWAYS switch off receiver, otherwise it can easily zap your switch.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13696
LK
Platinum Member

Post Number: 13662
Posted on Sunday, November 18, 2007 - 01:08 pm:

when U change switches and cables, did U unplug the receiver?...if not, U'll blow the new switch immediately

nalin...U're a day late as usual...stealing my previous posted info too as usual..

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 1060
Nalin Nyda
Gold Member

Post Number: 4983

Posted on Monday, November 19, 2007 - 11:50 am:
1234 5678 : When you connect/disconnect cable to receiver, ALWAYS switch off receiver, otherwise it can easily zap your switch.

zap,zap,zap,zap,lol

Post Number: 3
ihave one reciever upstairs and one downstairs everytime i change the switch i only close the upstairs the downstairs has only echo 3 thats where my sat gets stuck on echo 3 just came down from the roof with the 3rd switch but no luck again but i bought an extra one last chance im going up again this time both recievers are getting unplugged if still no sats im jumping off the roof lol.(but i still see other people with the same problem)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13710
aaahh..so u're problem is with ONLY 1 receiver (downstairs), the other one is fine (upstairs)...U may have a bad cable/connection or too long of a cable run to the downstairs and may be need an inexpensive IN LINE AMP for the downstairs receiver...and also did U input 61.5 settings into the antenna settings in the downstairs receiver?....the settings should NOT be the same in both receivers, since U do NOT have 61.5 (echo 3) upstairs..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us