LK & Nalin - Please Answer This Question

Gold Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 1455
Hey,

I heard that if you have one of those hacked BEV and DN ROM card (the cards that legal customers use) your TV will never go down. Is that true .. ? I live in Canada, please tell me from where can In buy those hacked rom cards for DN and/or BEV .... my new conaxsat minis have the card slot ... poor flus gonna die soon

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 890
From what I have seen in the years I have around you have backwards....

In able to use a modded card you have to have a compatible DN or BEV receiver not a FTA receiver..

I have read were the cards work one day and then......DN or BEV will send code down the stream and they are dead and you would have to get a new card for around ?150?...They can not send code down to "kill" a FTA receiver so all the $ you are ever out is the cost at first....

I would strongly recomend a vewsat platuimn light, with 31" dish and motor and Invacom QDH-031 for LNB I just bought all 3 for 3 customers here for under $300 ( us funds )...

So short answer no a hacked card will not work forever inserted in a FTA receiver's card slot we have had card slots for years on FTA receivers its nothing new

hope that helps

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 1816
no, untrue.

U CAN use cards in some fta. Coolshat is one. They are stable. Harder to get going with them All u need is a rom 102 card with the right revsion. They can send out a signal, but u have to have blocker software. No problem. I know a lot of times they are still up when FTA is not. Sometimes vise versa

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 4940
Cards are a pain. Even the odd time you are ahead of the game (compared to reflashing a FTA) it costs an arm and a leg.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1818
It doesnt cost that much. 100 for a card.. unless u have one...anyone who had dish in the past could have one.
30 bucks for a reciever. Free software. Actually cheaper than FTA.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1819
50 for a programmer. Sry

Pretty close I guess. A lot of people do it cause they already have a card and reciever...
Its also something more to learn.

Silver Member

Post Number: 891
I looked into it before

( at the time prices may have changed US FUNDS just a example here you may find a buddy with a card or dish to help lower the cost...I have a modded OLD Dirtv dish that was free with a motor I traded for for and a receiver I traded a CARD I FOUND so I have 60 bucks total in mine ( a year ago I might add) for example)

THE CARD
$100 for card

$200--$50 receiver

keep in mind if you go with DN-bev receivers you will need one for each CARD and RECEIVERS

$75--$150 Hardware needed to read-write to the card

$150--FREE for Dish-antenna's

$100-$200 for replacement card mabee every few months

Lots of extra time to read-study to learn how to use the card

TOTAL over $500 just to get started
compared to

THE FTA SYSTEM
$130 for receiver ( viewsat light )
$150--FREE for dish-Antenna deponding on set up
( $150 will get you 31" dish, motor, and LNB that will get FTA and DBS )

TOTAL around $300

Very little time to learn how to use this easy system

Never anymore $ to spend unless you want to add a motor, bigger dish, better LNB

So bottom line from what I saw is

The FTA plan in easer, you can get more channels and cheaper..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1828
oh, fta is easier for sure, but like i said, something more to learn. I dont know where u got ur info, but everyone i know that has this has had only one card... htey have had it for years.
the recievers are 30 buck all day on ebay...
less than 300 for the whole setup. Just another way to test. Its not for the average fta user tho, u really have to know a little about it. I can see where people gets scared of it... but I know of MANY time when I am down and my buddies arent. I have everything I need except a programmer. I will try it soon. Yeah, its a lot diff than dave. Those were as easy as fta.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 4958
Toronto is full of ethnic people from the East and from Portugal. All of them are tired of even the mention of the word "Card". They have wasted so much money.
Some people who live in small towns do not seem to understand that in one social evening in a metropolis, we get far more information than can be obtained from reading your favourite forum.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1831
soem people shouldnt get in to the card (real) testing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 894
So your saying thiers a receiver that can be won on ebay all day for 30 that gets both BEV and DN with one card for both DN and BEV ?

As I understand it BEV and DN do not use the same card being that they are 2 different systems..A receiver getting both (a FTA ) I could see but only one card?

I still say much easer to just get a 31" dish, motor, one lnb, and a $130 VS light receiver..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1838
oh, i have no idea about bev... sry.
I agree it is EASIER on fta. No doubt at all. No way id buy a vs lite tho. Getting in to the cards is just another way to test. Its not for everyone, just those that like to truly test. I like to learn this stuff... what better way??

Silver Member

Post Number: 896
Cool

y you against the light?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1840
just price. for 20 more u can get the sv 4000 or 30 more the ultra. I like the guide. :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 898
So the guide is better on those?
I have a platinum with crappy guide

Gold Member

Post Number: 1842
u get a seven day guide. the platinum gets 24 hrs. the light doesnt get that does it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 899
light is same as a platinum just missing card reader and fiber optic audio looks the same as far as watching tv uses the same .bin's I have both...

Silver Member

Post Number: 901
Does the sv 4000 or the ultra have the fiber optic audio?

I have a customer that wants a receiver but "has" to have that..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1844
ya know, im not sure. I bet it does tho. The best thing is the usb port on them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us