JTaged FLU CONVERSION PROBLEM??

Username: Plks4432

Post Number: 2
Dear experts,
can you give me some advise pls?
After burn out my converted FLU last week with wrong bin,I Jtagged it and now I have FLU with factory (Lifetime Ultra_050519_272_api(NTSC)) bin.
But somehow I can't convert it again to 2700.
I tried b-75m and 2700A_070310_B75_120_api boot bins, but I got only night lights after download and that's it. However I'm able to roll back to factory FLU.
Should I use different procedure with Jtagged FLU?
Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Espn3

Post Number: 161
Pavel, you should use the fortecstarstb.exe as a loader and b75_m.bin to boot and jvvh_*** to load. Try it and let us know how it goes.

When you JTAGed your FLU converted to Pansat 2700 what bin did you use ? thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 1440
Pavel,

Please load bin 293T on top of the factory bin that you currently have on your Fortec STAR Lifetime Ultra receiver. Then, try the FLU - Pansat 2700 Conversion. You can get an updated converison kit from www.dssrookie.com.

Username: Adamof99

Post Number: 1
I downloaded a wrong Bin file(x-87bl_071109_b75_221_api) to my receiver, instead of (CS_221Tv2_Lightning_100t_Series_serial) and now my receiver is not working (NO POWER).
I have Fortec Lifetime Ultra (2500) converted from 2500 to 2700 and it was working fine but I downloaded none converted bin file into it and that killed my receiver.
Now, is anybody knows how to fix this and get my receiver back to work?
I heard that using JTAG can fix this?
my question for you guys the experts:
-What kind of tools do I need?
-what software i should use with this tools
-what are the steps i should follow
i never used JTAG but if you can help me with the instructions, i should be able to do it
Please help guys

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 4873
Pavel: You could have jtagged straight to conversion 2700 using Chancy's full jtag conversion file.
However now, to start conversion again you will have to install 293T or 294T and then 208_1 and then CS_221Tv2_lightning.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4874
adamof99 : You can use Chancy's fill jtag conversion load. it is called

CS_221Tv2_FS-LifeTime-Ultra - Flash 1(29LV800BTC) - Full.zip

Get it from Pansat 2500A section of Files at
http://www.totalfta.com

Post Number: 3
Hi guys,
Thanks a lot for the help!!
So far no success though.
After Jtagged I got FLU with 272 Ultra factory bin.
(I didn't Jtagged FLU by myself I just ask to do it in the shop).
I got no problem to download any Fortec flash bin 272, then 293 or 294T , but when I tried to download b75_m or 208_1, after downloading I got just night lights and only thing I can do - to download back any of FLU bins.
So far I'm playing with FortecStarSTB 4.0 and Black list StB Updater 1.4.0.0.
Any ideas what's going on??
Thanks Pavel.

Post Number: 4
Nalin,
Did you mean I could revive my dead FLU without using any special made cable and sophisticated procedures - just to load CS_221Tv2_FS-LifeTime-Ultra - Flash 1(29LV800BTC)?
(BTW I didn't find it in Pansat 2500 section)
Pavel

Username: Adamof99

Post Number: 2
Hi Nalin:
Thank you a lot for your help.
As I said on my posting, I am not familiar with JTAG so I need full instructions:
-What hardware (JTAG cable...) I should use?
-What software (jkey.exe, blacklist.exe or Wall.exe...) I should use along with this cables
-What Bin files I should use and where I can find them?
Note: I Have Fortec Lifetime Ultra receiver, and was converted to 2700 (see my previous posting above).
Another thing I want you to know, that I just order this attached JTAG cable form eBay, and I am not sure if it's the right one?
IF YOU OR ANYBODY ELSE CAN HELP ME TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS, I HIGHLY APPRECIATED AND THANKS AGAIN.
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 4876
Pavel: You will find it after unzipping
CS_221Tv2 Serial.zip

[link removed]

Instead of jtagging to a flu, you can jtag directly to the full conversion version 221 using the full jtag file. You still have to jtag in this method.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4877
adamof99 : You should check with the vendors or at some web site about the Fortec ultra jtag cable and instructions.

[link removed]
[link removed]

Post Number: 5
Hi experts,
Finally I succeed with conversion playing back and force with FortecStarSTB 4.0 and 293T, 272 (factory Fortec) and b75_m bin. So, now I'm fine.
Thanks everybody for support.
As far as Jtagging the only reason I went to the shop instead to do it by myself that all instructions I found on free sites was not detailed and sometimes contradictory.
So I went to the shop paid 25$ and get it Jtagged in 5 min. But guy who did it told me that sometimes this operation takes much more than 5 min, and one of the crucial thing is processor clock speed and he prefers to do all Jtagging on old PC with windows 98 installed. So take all this into consideration when you choose this way..
Regards,
Pavel,
}
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us