2500a/flu TO 2700 - INSTRUCTIONS

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 4756
A. THESE INSTRUCTIONS APPLY TO:
Pasnsat 2500A and named and nameless clones of 2500A
Forect LifetimeUltra
Any of above whether converted or not converted.

B. Sites for download of files.
[link removed]
[link removed]
http://www.totalfta.com
http://www.dssrookie.com

C. Preparation:.
Make a directory or subdirectory called 'jvvh'
Download files into this directory:
BL Updater 1.4, 225,280 bytes,
jvvh_208.1.bin, 458,752 bytes
jvvh_213.bin (optional)
Extract Ukr_221_pwD_GC_Sspr.bin '" 458,752 bytes
'" (from Ukr_221_pwD_GC_pansat.zip) or
'" (from Ukr_221_pwD_GC_Sspr.zip)
'"
All these files should be in the jvvh directory,
Straight RS232 DB9 F/F cable.
Connect computer to receiver via serial port using 9 pin F/F DB9 cable above.
Receiver should be switched off.

D. Action:
Go into Windows explorer and find the jvvh directory.
Double click on BL Updater 1.4
Select BIN and select file jvvh_208.1.bin (do not select BOOT)
Left hand ready on switch of receiver and right hand ready on Mouse pointing to 'Write BIN'
Switch on and IMMEDIATELY CLICK 'WRITE BIN'
Wait, Wait, It will start loading the BIN, and go to100%
The it will say, 'BURN' on your screen.
The receiver will then show b75 flashing.
WAIT. WAIT
When you see the screen of receiver settle down at '5' , it is still NOT FINISHED.
You will see ON come on the receiver.
Turn receiver off.

Repeat above selecting and using BIN 213. This time click the mouse for write AFTER seeing 'b' come on'. This is optional but recommended.

Repeat above selecting and using UKR BIN 221. This time click the mouse for write AFTER seeing 'b' come on'
With receiver showing ON, turn off the receiver and exit from BL updater 1.4
Disconnect receiver from computer.

E. Installation:
With receiver switch in off position, connect the Sat antenna, and the cables to TV.
Turn on TV
Turn on receiver.
You will see b75 go across and freeze on '5'.
WAIT
After a little while the TV will come on asking you to confirm Language
English.
Press OK.
First do Menu/System Reset.
It will ask for PIN '" use 1668 if you have forgotten your PIN, usually a t 0000.
If 0 does not work, use the 'LAST' key below the VOL key.

Next do User setup. Set time to manual and enter the correct time, date, and time zone.
If 0 does not work use the 'LAST' key.

Next do Menu/Dish Setup/Antenna setup
Select your known dishes and use the know DisEqC port connections.
You can connect to ports without knowing which is which using trial and error and the signal strength.

Now do Blind scan (power scan) for each of the selected sats.
You must see Vertical TPs.
Current version of Chancy's 221 lightening 100 is defective and does not pick up Verticals, hence not recommended.

F. Watching TV:
By the time you finish the blind scan, the new keys will have loaded and you are ready to watch TV.
You MUST switch off at the back once and switch on.
You can se up the channels alphabetically or in other ways using Channel Edit and Sort.
Remember that 0key may not work, use LAST key.
Page up key may not work '" use 0 key.
You can and should set up P-lock on some P0RNO channels.
You can rename the 5 Favorites using right arrow key.
If a channel does not appear, you can do a separate TP scan.
Also look for it in the list, e.g. channels 614 '" SET may appear in the list as TV 614, and you can rename.

HAPPY VIEWING

Bronze Member
Username: Mahmoud

Post Number: 14
hi nalin how is new bin for pansat 2500A clone
PLZ THANKS

Username: Tito71

Auburn, Al USA

Post Number: 7
high Nalin, CS have released another version of the CS221 T two hours ago for FLU to 2700, CS_221Tv2_Lightning_100t_Series_serial
What do you think about this version

Auburn, Al USA

Post Number: 8
CS 221TV2 can be found on
[link removed]

Gold Member

Post Number: 4764
I will see if I can test this new BIN tomorrow. As of now I have no converted receiver to test with.

Gold Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 1431
THIS NEW BIN - CONFIRMED WORKING

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
AV AND Nalin,what about pansat 2500a clone
please
thank u

Gold Member

Post Number: 4766
Read the first three lines in this thread.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1433
lol ... saliha ... yes thosse units r also working

Bronze Member
Username: Aryan

Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 13
NAlin, i tried to write 221T on my clone 2500 converted to 2700, as per yr instructions, (using BL 1.4 updater). but it is saying write failed [ER 1].

please advise, Thanx

Bronze Member
Username: Houhou

hello,
where can i find jvvh_208.1.bin .. i tried all the sites and didnt find it .. may you give me a link plz .. thanks

Username: Vittu

Post Number: 6
A very good and informative post Nalin. Thank you!!

Bronze Member
Username: Dragonfly2

Post Number: 17
hi, i just bought a pansat 2500 which is not a clone. i need the latest bin file and all the files needed to load the latest bin file.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4782
jelly bean: Everything you need is detailed in the first post in this thread.

Username: Master_lee

Post Number: 10
gistered: Oct-07
Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 10:28 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First I would like to say that NO one here
knows how to make a converting Bin File for a receiver.Few here only tell you what they C/P from other sites.
First they tell you this Bin is safe then NO it's not safe.So far if I counted right there has been three or four decoders six Bins & two C/Ps.

I will keep my Pansat 2500a as it is.I am still using Bin 289T keep Autoupdate and Autoroll OFF.
Missing only few channels like some PPV & P orn.
Your choice stay with this up & down convertion
or go out and buy a new receiver the cost of
$ 100-150 dollars. As of now the signal is still FREE.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4788
JOHNNY BOY :
you said "one here knows how to make a converting Bin File for a receiver"
For a newbie that is tall statement. One member has made three versions of jvvh conversion bins and has posted that information.
Also know that jvvh conversion has been around for over 6 months and that is a long time in the FTA world.

You said " Few here only tell you what they C/P from other sites. "
I suggest you look my instructions in the first post in this thread. It is ALL from personal experience, and if you do it, you WILL get good TV.

You do not have the ability to do a serial load and you have come to preach here. Or perhaps you are one of those people who like to disrupt everything good that is happening and have come in disguise because you do not have the guts to reveal who you are.
First learn before you preach to others.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
hi nalin thnak u very much for your help
now my pansat 2500A is working fine
so i repet thank you very much and have a nice day my friend

Bronze Member
Username: Master_lee

Posted on Monday, November 12, 2007 - 01:10 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Nalin only the nick is a newbie.
OK show me where this conversion was posted 6 months ago and the person here that has made three conversions. And like I have said I do have good TV because I am not a newbie to buy all this BULLSHIT. Iam only speaking the truth
are you? well time will tell.meantime answer my question

Gold Member

Post Number: 4804
If you are not a newbie, why hide under another name? To try and ruin this thread?

I have replied to you in detail in your own thread including the start of this conversation in February, 2007. There is no need to spam the same question everywhere.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/402803.html
Read my post no: 4802

or read at
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/325879.html

Username: Mariolmh

Post Number: 2
Thanks Nalin, Thats helpful.

One question, my Pansat 2500 clone has already been upgraded to 2700, in that case do I still follow all the instructions as per your post, or will I require only to upload the specific bin.
Will look for your revert.

Thanks,
Mario

Gold Member

Post Number: 4812
By following the instructions you will probably avoid glitches and reboot. The answer is definitely YES.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 13529
mario...U simply just overwrite the previous bin, since your receiver is already converted...just save and write down your antenna settings...and then upload the UKR 221 or CS 221v2 file, and do set default key, autoroll ON, and do a new scan, and recheck the antenna settings

DEFINITELY do NOT perform another conversion like posted in first post here..The conversion is a 1 time thing, after that U just upload the new converted 2500-2700 files...in nfact, DO NOT follow the instructions first posted!

Bronze Member
Username: Agf

Post Number: 51
Hello Nalin/ AV/ LK and others,
You'll guys are great in helping people get their receivers up and running. I hope everyone realise what a great help you all are.

I need help converting my pansat 2500 clone. At the moment I have the following bin loaded X-85Bl API 294at_eu Boot Ver 5.1 12 Aug 2007.
Now I tried Nalin's procedure mentioned above eg
C. Preparation:.
Make a directory or subdirectory called 'jvvh'
Download files into this directory:
BL Updater 1.4, 225,280 bytes,
jvvh_208.1.bin, 458,752 bytes
jvvh_213.bin (optional)
Extract Ukr_221_pwD_GC_Sspr.bin '" 458,752 bytes
'" (from Ukr_221_pwD_GC_pansat.zip) or
'" (from Ukr_221_pwD_GC_Sspr.zip)
'"
All these files should be in the jvvh directory,
Straight RS232 DB9 F/F cable.
Connect computer to receiver via serial port using 9 pin F/F DB9 cable above.
Receiver should be switched off.

But when I load the jvvh_208.1.bin I just get the knight rider lights the Green - - - lines. So I loaded the 294 bin again. Can you tell me how to convert 2500 to 2700 or what I should do. Appreciate your quick reply
Thanks once again to all of you guys

Gold Member

Post Number: 1436
Why are you loading Pansat 2500 bins in your Pansat 2500 clone?

X-85Bl API 294at_eu Boot Ver 5.1 12 Aug 2007 is not for the clones. You must use the file with "T" after the name, for example: 294T

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Hello AV,
The bin file I loaded is a 294T and after I load it get what I mentioned above ie X-85Bl API 294at_eu Boot Ver 5.1 12 Aug 2007

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13530
1. Open/Run the Blacklist updater V 1.4..
2. Make sure BIN is Selected not BOOT you are writing a Bin
3. Click select BIN
4. Choose j27_205_1.bin
5. Reboot reciever, on first light/dash, Click write bin. let it write. Timing is Important here!...be persistent!
When it is done, Be PATIENT!!!! Let it reboot, after 2-3 minutes you will see B-75 Flash on display of reciever. Be patient while this occurs. Do NOT interrupt this..
6. Click select BIN
7. Choose jvvh_208_1.bin
8. Reboot reciever on first light Click write bin. let it write. Again , Timing is Important here, be persistent. Let it reboot after 1 minute you will see B-75 Flash on display of reciever.
9. Now Rewrite your Channel list back, BUT, you must now select the 2700 settings in Channel master. If U prefer, U can do sat scans instead of using channel lists and channel master.
10. Reconnect to Tv, select default key from parental options (key menu)..let it autoroll
11. Now U have ONLY just done the conversion and must now upload latest Jvvh BIN..

OK...now U have done the conversion but now U need the and upload latest and most current jvvh bin, and do new channel scan or upload your channel list, and set default key, be patient when keys roll.

TIMING IS IMPORTANT...
the thing you have to do is turn on your receiver from the back and soon as the first b flashes on your receiver when you turn it on from the back press download in flash mode then you will have no problem downloading the file, it should work perfectly then.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4815
I knew the bombastic LK will interfere with very little experience and full of blown up C/P knowledge.

1. jvvh has himself instructed that we start with 208_1 file and not the 205 bin. I have posted this message before too. LK you should learn instead of being bombastic.

2. If you want a clean and bug free load, start always with the 208_1. You will end up with b75 shwing and it does not work, but it cleans up the memory. You will get more glitch by direct overwrite with latest BIN.

3. You must reset after loading the 221 BIN.

4. The current valid versions are
UKR_221 or CS_221Tv2 lightning 110t

5.The UKR version will give you resets and the Chancy version also will give resets but less.

6. The UKR version can also change your remote to place the 0 key at LAST (below Vol key) and Page up key at 0 key.

7. You will have to redo your user settings and your antenna settings.

LK, I suggest you start another thread with your C/P instructions.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4816
For UKR_221 BIN. Some names are different, but it is the same BIN.

[link removed]
[link removed]
[link removed]
[link removed]
[link removed]
[link removed]
CS_221Tv2_Lightning_100t_Series_serial.zip (407.3 KB)

Bronze Member
Username: Houhou

Hey Nalin..
on my laptop i have 2 DB one is 15 i think its for a screen use and the second is 25 for printer use .. which one should i use .. i dont have a 9 pins .. thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
Thanks Nalin,
I loaded the Jvvh_208_1.bin but it still has the green - - - lines the B75 does not show up, what should I do

Gold Member

Post Number: 4820
Most laptops do not have a serial port these days. You will have to use a USB port and a USB to serial converter using the drivers provided by the adaptor vendor. and you will need the appropriate straight RS 232 cable ending in a Female end for plugging into your receiver.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4821
agf: Did you see the load going followed by a BURN or not??
When loading it does an anticlockwise rectangle on the receiver screen.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
Nalin : Yes it did the BURN and said completed, then it started with the green - - -

Gold Member

Post Number: 4823
Do again using either 205_1 or 208_1 - i.e use the one you did not use last time.
Use BL updater 1.4
CLIKC WRITE IMMEIDIATELY after switching on at the back. DO NOT WAIT AT ALL.
It should BURN again and then Wait till it goes through b 75, rests a while on 5 and then the receiver says ON.
Only then you have finished the full load.
after that continue following my instructions for loading the current 221 BIN.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
Nalin : Thanks, I have the 208_1.bin where do I get the 205_1.bin. Can you send me the link so I can try it now. I really appreciate your help as usual)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4825
I had in a zip file called
Tools.zip

apart from ftatalk and f2atv sites, you can look for it in dsstester*com

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13534
AGF...don't cry when nalin's advice backfires...

mario...CS_221T serial bin FLU & 2500 to 2700

THIS IS FOR PEOPLE THAT BEEN CONVERT TO 2700

Thanks go to Chancysand for CS_221T_Lightning_100t_Series_serial

Load Chancysand CS_221T_Lightning_100t_Series_serial over any of the jvvh or chancysand bins...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4827
LK, BUTT OUT OF THIS THREAD.

You invaded "New Keys" thread before after saying people should not need new keys.

Now you are invading the conversion thread after telling people that they should not do a conversion but buy a new receiver.

Whenever a thread gets popular you want to butt in.

GET OUT!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
Nalin : I Loaded the 205_1.bin from your tools.zip file, it did the burn and said completed and it just stuck on one green -) and then shut up, now its blank no green light. Any help....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13537
I like exposing your ignorance and stupidity nalin...knock U off the ego trip U are on at the expense of newbies needing REAL help!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4831
Agf: No further suggestions. If there is not light, there is no hope. If there is a blank light coming up, you can try a burn again.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4832
LK: You are the egoistic psycho maniac, interrupting every thread.

Go back to your hide out in Key Largo, before the FEDs get you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Nalin : I tried to put if off and on but nothing comes up, anything I can do?

Username: Dadkridak

Fl.

Hello all I have a 2700a can someone tell me if there is a working 221 bin & if so where can I get it. THANKS

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13538
nalin....can't help U....LMAO...since U followed her, now u're stuck with her...I'm tired of cleaning up all her messes!

Fl.

Post Number: 3
Hey LK this is the first thing I ever posted and the reason I did is I saw your name and just knew you could and surely wold help me I guess I had you all wrong

Username: Mariolmh

Hi LK, Nalin,

All of us here think you guys are helpful & good at what you do, we need your help here :

Since I have already converted my Pansat 2500 to 2700 one question as posed before

Do I need to upload both jvvh_208.1.bin,
jvvh_213.bin and then
Ukr_221_pwD_GC_Sspr.bin

OR

do I only have to reload Ukr_221_pwD_GC_Sspr.bin

Please advise.

Thanks,
Mario

Post Number: 4
Hey bro I don't know everything about this but I'm pretty sure you only have to load the Ukr_221_pwD_GC_Sspr.bin but I cant tell you for sure but I wish I could to help you out

Gold Member

Post Number: 4834
You cannot do any harm by starting again at 208_1 BIN. You might be able to remove some glitches, and reboot problems.
The 213 is optional.

Please read my instructions at the start of this thread. The only modifications from those recommendations are:

1. The modified Chancy BIN CS_221Tv2_lightning_100t is out. See the starting part of the name: It was CS_221T and now it is CS_221Tv2.

I have installed and tested it. It works better. The reboots of the UKR file were full reboots. In the Chancy file there are interruptions with "rolling in". These can be reduced by turning auto roll off.
2. After full installation turn autoroll off till next key change.

I found that the reinstallation was better if I went via installing 208_1 and then the chancy 221Tv2. when I first overwrote the UKR_221 file with the Chancy file, there were more reboots., so I redid it with 208_1 start.

The remote switch of number 0 is now corrected by Chancy's file.

Username: Sattuser

Hello,
All is loaded correctly I get
Echo7 ----> 119.0W-- Diseq 1
Echo6,8 ----> 110.0W-- Diseq 2
Echo3 ----> 61.5W--- Diseq 3
Echo 7, 6, 8 are all working fine
but for some reason, Echo 3 doesn't work,
If I Pick echo 3 and download channels i get stuff from echo 7.
Any ideas?
Thanks,

Gold Member

Post Number: 4838
Do you have a separate Dish for Echo 3 pointing in the right direction and connected physically to port 3 of your Diseqc switch?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4849
Using the CS_221Tv2_lightning, and autoroll OFF, the keys rolled in anyway a few minutes ago.
Autoroll off has improved the reception to a point where there are no glitches and not reboots for thepast 3-4 hours.

Bronze Member
Username: Henryviii

Texas USA

Post Number: 42
Agf,
I have exactly same problem you have.
Hopefully we find a solution soon.

Username: Uguess

Ok I have converted mine. I uploaded latest chancy bin v2. I scan bird echo3 on 61.5. All channels are scanned however it keep saying waiting for auto roll.

My question is how long does it take to autoroll. how do i check the setting for autoroll on or off.

Can someone help.

Thanks

Post Number: 4
yes. it is a seperate dish for Echo 3 pointing in the right direction and connected physically to port 3 of your Diseqc switch. It has always worked on the past.
Could it be the naming of the dish?
any help would be great.
Thanks,

Bronze Member
Username: Maldito

Post Number: 11
Nalin, thanks for the guide. I'm getting ready to convert my FLU. One noob question though, can you tell me the diff between your method and the one described here:
[link removed]

Thanks!

Username: Zak123

Hollywood, Ca Usa

Nalin can you help me, i loaded CS_221Tv2_lightning bin, just as you instruction told me. when i go in Menu/Dish Setup/Antenna setup none of my antenna's have quality and when i scan it only gives me 5 asian channels
i have a original 2500a converted to 2700 pansat
plz help me thank you

Gold Member

Post Number: 4850
MALdito Nica : The URL you have given should be OK too.
At some point when you are converted, and as a new convert you will have to adopt BL updater 1.4 or Chancy's loader as the loader at every new prayer!!!

You must also do a reset after loading the new BIN -perhaps the next version will have a good overwrite without disturbing the hard work that went into rescanningf and building the favourites.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4851
ajshgdajsg: I hope you did a reset. Then you should go into the satellite you know you are connected to and connect in software to the appropriate port on DisEqC switch, i.e the connection at the switch in the roof should match the setting in software. You may only see a hint of green then but you if you go down and change the TP, you will start seeing full strength and quality.
Usual connections are:
119W (Echo 7) Port 1
110W (Echo 8.1) Port 2
61.5W or 148w (Echo 1,2,3) Port 3 or 4
But they could be different in yours.
Just try one active connection first and scan. then after you have made sure that the channels are the sameas expected try the next one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4852
Satt User : If or when a DiseqC switch burns out it will show port 1 only. The usual cause of the burn out is that you connected/disconnected the receiver with its switch on. If it is easy access, I would suggest buying a new DisEqC 4 to 1 switch and trying out. You can buy them as low as $5
Make sure you switch off receiver when you connect/disconnect.

Username: Skankyrita

I have finally convert my real 2500 to the 2700 I had to Jtag because I failed the first time. I think I know what to do now, by waiting for it to reboot instead of turning it off now. But I had one question:
Do I use a straight serial cable OR do I use a Null Modem serial cable?? Now that it is a converted 2700A Does it make a difference?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4856
skankyrita : You continue using the straight cable. Use BL updater 1.4 or Chancy's loader that comes with the CS_220 serial package for conversion.

Post Number: 5
Thanks Nalin. I will try that

Bronze Member
Username: Ather_da_don

Mississauaga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 66
hi. i did the conversion of my pansat 2500 clone to 2700. i just need the specific antenna setup. i am trying to get satellites 110 and 119. help would be much appreciated

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
nvm so the post to ajshdga :-)

Hollywood, Ca Usa

Post Number: 8
nalin i did everything you told me, but can you please tell me in details what i need to do, i dont have the signal on the quality, and all the cahnnels i have are only asian chanels. how can i fix this in the settings? apreciate your time, please get back to me as soon as you can, because im really new here. thanx again

Username: Bewolf

Will loading the jvvh_208_2500to2700 all in one bin mean that I don't need to load the jvvh_213_bin or do you still have to load the second bin before putting on the Ukr_221_bin?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4879
You can go directly to the conversion _211 Bin after 208_1.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4882
You can go directly to the conversion _221 Bin after 208_1.

Hollywood, Ca Usa

Post Number: 9
can any one give me specific intrusction on how to fix my pansat2500to2700 converted. The thing is installed bin 208 than i try to put in bin 213 but after it got to 100% it gave me error 1 so i skipped the 213 and downled the 221v2. and now im not getting any quality on my antenas and when i try to scan it it only gives me 4 asian channels. any help would be gratly apriciated.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4898
After loading _221 BIN.
So system reset or default settings. If asked for PIN code, use 0000 or 1668 or if you remember a different one.
Note that 0 is at "LAST" below the Vol on someBIN software.
Then do user settings, including date, time and time zone.

Now do Attenna settings.
Connect at least one sat to port 1,2,3 or 4.
Do a Blind scan or a Power scan.

Connect other Sats to ports on the DiseqC switch.

All htis info is there in my first post in this thread. THERE ARE NO SHORT CUTS

Bronze Member
Username: Borinick

Post Number: 23
good afternoon i want to know what kind bin should i used for vortex 7700 it has a x-87bl boot ver: 75

Bronze Member
Username: Roundtree

Post Number: 26
A friend on mine who has Original 2500A pansat and converted it to 2700. Now using unconverted 2700A's X-87BL bin on his converted receiver, His remote and all woking fine. He is only uses 61.5 Bird. Can anyone confirm this would work or not work?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4904
Original Pansat 2700 - Original BINs or Clone BINs
Clone Pansat 2700 - Clone 2700 Tivo or vortex Bin

CONVERTED PANSAT 2500 OR FLU
USE ONLY BINS DESIGNED FOR CONVERTED RECEIVERS.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Thanks Nalin, I did follow the guide and everything went ok (using CS_221Tv2_lightning_100t ). One thing I did different is I used the channel master to download the channel list. Seems to be ok. Everything is a bit different, but I guess its because now my FLU is a 2700.

One small thing: At the begining, channels were unavailable. I waited like 4 minutes for the keys to autoroll, but then entered the current keys from the web. So, to see if the autoroll works, I'm gonna have to wait till next time they expire. Cause I allready turned DN autoroll off, (it started reseting itself after 5 minutes).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Keys expired (I think), so I turned Autoroll on. I've been waiting like 30 minutes now to see the keys autoroll, and nothing. I will try to do the factory reset, but I think I will lose my channel list.

Bronze Member

Yup, after the factory reset, and doing a Power Scan, my channels are back on.
I have to check if I did get ALL the channels, even vertical TPs. Nilan mentioned that "Chancy's 221 lightening 100 is defective and does not pick up Verticals, hence not recommended".
I'm using v2 so perhaps all the channels are there.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4905
The absence of vertical scan in CS_221T has been corrected in CS_221Tv2
I have had Chancy's CS_221Tv2 loaded for the past two days, and the autoroll turned off. New keys still come in properly at about 300-450% of wait.
There has not been one single incidence of reset or of clock going bad, as was my experience with the UKR_221 BIN.
Usually when you install the BIN, if you do a reset and then start the process afresh (User setup, antenna setup), using Power Scan (same as Blind scan) the key autoroll by the time the scan is complete. This is my experience with three installations (1 FLU and two Pansat 2500 clones) and both UKR and CS_221 BINs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4920
There is now available Chancysand's latest file for converted receivers.

CS_222T_Lightning_100t_Series_serial.zip

is available at http://www.totlafta.com

See the Fortec Ultra and Pansat 2500 sections. Unzip before use. This file supercedes the CS_221Tv2_lightning.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4932
I have had the CS_222T_Lightning going for the last 4-5 hours, with autoroll off. I can say that there are very few glitches, but that is still more glitches than CS_221Tv2

Username: Kw4

Post Number: 1
Nalin,
Have had 2500a (not a clone) for years and read your posts for trustworthy recommendations (I have never posted before). I know how to update keys, and load bins using a 9 pin cable that connects my computer to my unit and the downloader GTRom STB updater ver 2.1. I have located and downloaded the CS_222T_Lightning_100t_Series-serial.zip and other files suggested files such as CS_221Tv2 and UKR 221. However, I do not understand your directions at top of this thread. 'jvvh' ??? is this code, for make up a name I will be able to find later or are you using a font my version of windows cannot interpret? Any further assistance you will provide is as always appreciated.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4935
jvvh is the name used by the developer of the software for converting your Pansat 2500a (and 2500 clones and Fortec Ultra) to enable these receivers to use the BINs published for Pansat 2700. Certain modifications are made (files are modded) and some compression techniques are used to enable the small memory of Pansat 2500A to accept the larger files for Pansat 2700.
The first release was j27_205-1.bin. Since then he has kept pace with the genuine Pansat 2700 relases, by coming out with his "modded" bins, and they usually had a prefix "jvvh_". After version 217 modification he stopped, and gave all the information he had to any interest person.
Subsequently others have continued publishing version 218,219,220,221, and now 222. Very often, they have kept the jvvh name on the files. UKR is one of the versions, Leafs is another and Chancy is another. There was also a Blag Tyger version. Of these I have tended to drift towards Chancy's versions (CS_nnnT_lightning_110.....) because Chancysand is a well recognised name in the Pansat clone world.
The files are serial load, i.e. you load them in more or less the same way as you were used to loading your BIN files. Chancy's versions are also available in a full jtag version, which you can load using jtag method.

The original recommendations were to start with jv_205_1 and then the latest. Later in one forum, he suggested to start with jvvh_208_1.bin and then add the latest. Also at some point you should switch to Blacklist updater 1.4 as a loader or if you are using Chancy BINs you can use Chancy's loader that comes packaged with the CS_....zip files.

All versions require rescanning after load, and I find that doing "default settings" also helps reduce glitches. currently everybody recommends keeping autoroll off - th ekeys still come in, but there are fewer unwanted resets.

Bronze Member
Username: Borinick

Post Number: 30
good afternoon to every body its my frist time prog my box could some body help me i have a vortex7700 a frend gave me it was working good to other day its already has x-87bl april 75.219-eubx they said to put a new zip i got already cs221t how do a this.I got the nine pin cable any body please thank you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
hi. i loaded the bin called CS_222T_Lightning_100t_Series_serial onto my converted 2500 but its working without audio. any help?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
ok i tried turning it off from the back... now its not working and says "No signal". do i need to put the bin on again?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4954
Nick Adan" DO NOT use CS_221T. Use CS_221Tv2 or Cs_222T. Detailed instructions are in my first post in this thread. At that time I was not recommending CS_221T, because of a bug in it, which got cleared in Version CS_221Tv2. You will not need to use the jvvh_208_1 BIN recommended in my post. If you are scanning DN the CS_221Tv2 and the jvvh_Leafs_221 BINs are equally good. After everything works, turn autoroll off.
Do not cut corners and be patient.

Username: Kash81777

Post Number: 1
hi nalin i have converted 2500 to 2700 . i have downloaded 205bin and 221T. and then did the scan.my dish is at 61.5, i got only 4 channel and none of asian channel.could u plz tell me what i need to do.... thanx

Gold Member

Post Number: 4959
If you went through the details I have posted in the first post and did the full installation properly, you will get everything properly.
Most people make the mistake of expecting that all their previous settings will automatically come through.
YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE FULL PROCESS OF DOING DEFAULT SETTINGS, USER SETTINGS AND ANTENNA SETTINGS THEN POWER SCAN.
THERE ARE NO SHORT CUTS.

Read my first post in detail. The only thing that has changed is that you may install CS_221Tv2_lighning or CS_222T_lightning or the equivalent jvvh_Leafs versions of the same.

Username: Stemastm

Post Number: 7
can someone give me a link to the new bin files. I can't find them in the forums from the links above. Thank you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4962
mark k : You obviously have not looked properly.

[link removed]
[link removed]
http://www.totalfta.com
http://www.dssrookie.com

DO NOT look in the Pansat 2700 sections.

Files and instructions are in
Pansat 2500A section;
Pansat 2500A clone section
Fortec Ultra section.

Post Number: 10
Hello Nalin,

I have a FLU converted to 2700 and I have downloaded the jvvh218 directly after conversion, when CS221tv came out I have down loaded that on top of the jvvh 218 now I am having glitches and instant reboots some time every few hours and some time every few minutes.
I have read your instruction regarding FLU so
1- do I have to down load jvvh 208 flollowed by the CS221 tv or CS222?
Or should I go now with what I have and download the CS222 over the Cs221tv

Would you let me the best way to eliminate or reduce such glitches and reboots?
Thanks for your help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4972
CS_221Tv2 is OK if you switch autoroll off and autoTP off. IF the problem persists, then go through my detailed procedure of loading the 208_1 bin first making sure you load it immediately after switching on. The load the 221Tv2, do default setting, user setup, antenna setup and Power Scan. Will take you an hour. CS_222T is not better and probably worse regarding reboots.
The jvvh_Leafs Bins are said to be very good. They come as _221 and _222. You can use as direct overwrites or on top of a 208_1, followed by reset etc.

The problems are inherent in the original BL Bins 221 and 222 for pansat 2700. My efforts are directed against removing the extra glitches introduced by the memory congestion.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Thanks Nalin

Gold Member

Post Number: 5014
bump

Silver Member
Username: K98

Post Number: 106
lost all ppv and other channels after down loading pansat 2700 a r fix still have oooo nalin can you help me

Gold Member

Post Number: 5053
A new ECM started this afternoon. We all (i.e. all receivers) have to wait for new files. That menas when the new file comes out for Pansat 2700 from BL, we will still have to wait a few more hours for the conversion file. I will try and keep you posted.

Bronze Member
Username: Ftajack

For latest information:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/405361.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us