Cable Company Blocking HD Channels

Username: Computered

Post Number: 1
Is it legal for a Cable company to block HD channels from your TV? I have a Samsung HDTV and about 6 months ago I subscribed to Charter for a year and I was able to get HD channels for some of the local news channels. For about a month now, I can't get those channels anymore. My tv doesn't need a card to get HD, i'm assuming that it's built in to it. Are they going to make me pay for the HD? What's the point of having an HDTV if you can't get it? Is it a scam on the comsumers to buy HDTV's and have to pay to get it?
Can we start a class action suit against the Cable companies for blocking HD from our TV's?

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1893
­
"Is it legal for a Cable company to block HD channels from your TV?"

Yes.

Bronze Member
Username: Funkmeister

Post Number: 22
"I'll make it legal." Guess who said this and in what film?

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 1832
get an antenna for local hd channels... they are free

Bronze Member
Username: Funkmeister

Post Number: 31
Antenna will only be effective if you are within broadcast tower range. Check here to see: www.antennaweb.org

Post Number: 2
I have an antenna for HD but that doesn't work very well. It would seem that since the FCC did pass that law where Cable companies have to supply local channels for basic cable, they should give the HD channels for free also.

Post Number: 3
Just got off the phone with the cable company. They told me that they moved the local HD news channels,ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, to 765, 766, 767, 768 and for me to get those I would have to get a cable box and because it doesn't matter if I do have a HD ready tv that I can't get those HD channels with my tv unless I use a cable box. I then asked them if they had cable cards, mine takes one, and they said they do for $1.50 a month and would have to subscribe to the HD channels to get HD and it would only be 14 channels for an extra $6.99 a month not including the card. I got off the phone with them and then scanned my tv for channels and for some strange reason, I get the local HD channels again but they are in the 100's. I just hate when people try to scam money for something they thought they blocked.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us