Coaxial to RCA or To my Projector

Username: David_wayne

Post Number: 1
I work at a college and want to show TV events like Monday Night Football on a projected screen. How can I hook that up to a LCD Projector? Please Help!

Silver Member
Username: Videoguy

Post Number: 128
Ok, assuming you are getting service via cable TV; get yourself a VCR, any recent model with a cable ready tuner will do...you're just going to use it as an external tuner. Plug the incoming coaxial cable into the ANT / RF IN jack on the VCR, now take an RCA cable and run it from the VIDEO OUT jack on the VCR (yellow RCA jack) to the VIDEO IN jack on the projector. For the audio run another RCA cable from the AUDIO OUT jacks on the VCR (red and white RCAs) into an external amplifier, any stereo or amp with an RCA (AUX) input will do (it is possible to run the audio strait into the projector but the sound quality is typically quite poor do to the small speaker built into most projectors) now use the VCR to tune to the channel you want to watch and you're good to go.

Hope this helps!

Username: Djcino

Jamaica

Post Number: 1
similar to this person's problem but is there any device with rca output, coaxial input, and a tuner nothing else. that is all i need. Just want to know if it exists and where I can find it

Username: Exinfocus

Post Number: 2
yea thats an easy one.. its called a VCR
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help