Bev ECM - Trials and Tribulations

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 964
So, it's finally come and us Bev pirates are screwed for a while.

Newbies: you will have to wait for a new bin to be written, or, point your dish to DN satellites. Manual key entry won't work.

With all of these forum 'debates' going on and a lot of very technical copy and pastes, the bottom line is that a new bin must be written. If the reports are true about what the new revision is doing then it may be a while for the new bin to be written. The only important thing to note: a full, complete emulation of an actual subbed receiver has to be included in the bin. This includes maproms in rom102 card and any firmware in receiver chips. This full emulation will take time to code and will require higher memory capacity for FTA receivers, so the rumors about some older FTA receivers being given a dirt nap might be true.

How long will this take? I don't know. We'll just have to keep our ear to the ground to see what progress coders are making.

Some of the seers of this site predicted correctly that this is a nasty one...

Silver Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 346
Well....just as long as it's everybodys' problem and not just mine, eh Jason?

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 966
The most fun part of a major ECM is watching how angry some peeps get over lack of free tv.

I'll think I'll go wander in the forest for a bit. lol

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 11533
Sub sharing NEVER goes down....U always need a "Plan B" , in this hobby...

sure hope people were reading tha past week...NOBODY should be shocked by the loss of Bev, and most likely DN soon...

At this point in time,I'm not even going to speculate when the fix will be available...too many variables involved...so people should be reading , NOT asking....cause when the fix is available, it be posted everywhere immediately....but don't hold your breath on this one....hope U all got a Plan B alternative to FTA or plastic now...

and for those people asking why there is no Bev, or how to fix it, I have no sympathy...obviously they are just LAZY non reading Free TV'ers...

Silver Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 347
Rats! And I was anticipating the Rugby World Cup too starting September 7. Oh well!
Dish is carrying a new sports channel called Setanta Sports on channel 406 and it's got all sorts of international sports playing. The Rugby games were going to be aired on it, although I think Dish ppv is picking it up too.
I hope the ECM doesn't hit DN although it seems like it most likely will.

Silver Member
Username: Amex

Post Number: 484
"Some of the seers of this site predicted correctly that this is a nasty one..."

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 887
LK YOU ARE JUST A FAGGGGGGGGGG WHAT THE F*UCK U KNOW ABOUT PLAN A OR PLAN B . ALL U KNOW IS DRINKING LIKE A F*UCKING PIG THAT'S HOW YOU WERE DISMISSED FROM THE MILITARY . LIKE YOU WHO MADE THE REST OF THIS NATION SUFFER.
SOLDIERS WERE FIGHTING AND LK WAS DRUNK .

Silver Member
Username: Amex

Post Number: 486
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Tigger_woods

Post Number: 67
http://www.dailytech.com/Survey+Less+Than+Half+of+all+Published+Scientists+Endor se+Global+Warming+Theory/article8641.htm

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3537
LK has said:
"and for those people asking why there is no Bev, or how to fix it, I have no sympathy...obviously they are just LAZY non reading Free TV'ers..."
She is working on the latest fix and according to her fans
"LK will have this all figured out by Monday at the latest"

Silver Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 448
edenmans plan b:
Digital Cable (180+ channels)
FTA (200+ channels)

gotta have a backup :-)

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2917
Upload
current bev
Upload
current with rabbit ears
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us