HOW TO PROGRAMA A RECIEVER CAPTIVE WORKS

Username: Boricualatina

Pascagoula, Mississippi

Post Number: 1
I BOUGHT THIS RECEIVER(CAPTIVE WORKS) SATELLITE IN PUERTO RICO, I AM LIVING IN MISSISSIPPI I NEED TO UPGRADE IT SO I COULD RECEIVE THE SIGNAL BETTER AND STRONGER. AND IT SCRAMBLE TO MUCH AND I LOSS THE MOST OF WHAT I AM SEEING.

Username: Boricualatina

Pascagoula, Mississippi

Post Number: 2
I AM NEW WITH THE RECEIVER (CAPTIVE WORKS)I NEED HELP STEP BY STEP. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2820
If it was working in Puerto Rico, then it should be working where you are at now. The only thing that changes is the locals. You will not be able to receive Puerto Rico Locals in Mississippi. If you are loosing signal you have two problems. Wrong antena configuration and/or bad antena alignment.

If you had the receiver in Puerto Rico, you were using two 4 foot antenas which should have been configured as Standar LNB's and DISEcQ 1 for 119 and 2 for 110.

Depending on the setup you have now, you will need to change the antena setting. Most likely if you had DN isntalled then you have a DishPro Twin or DishProPlus Twin LNB.

You really need to give more specifics before anyone can help you! But if you don't understand what I mean, then your best bet it to go to any reputable site listed under that thread and read up a little so you can understand what it is you are doing and what questtions to ask.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10970
hell, we have had 25 CW threads from setup to watchin TV, in the past week....READ ...

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3235
Myrna : LK does not know much about CW. she uses Viewsats.
Ask Bruce. Or you can get info at one of the following sites.
http://www.totalfta.com

Username: Randyz

Post Number: 1
Originally Posted by Looker
Items needed to update your CW600s Premium:

by LOOKER

Null Modem Cable
Latest bin for CW600S Premium model.
Loader v1.05 or Loader v1.06 (I ALWAYS USE LOADER 1.05)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --

1) Turn the CW off with the switch in the rear.

2) Hold the front power button down and turn the box back on. "boot" should appear on the front LED.

3) Open Loader 1.05, click the manila_folder and select the latest bin. Select Download S/W. Click START update should begin.

4) DON'T TOUCH THE BOX UNTIL UPDATE IS COMPLETE. "-End" will appear on the LED.

5) Turn the CW off and back on with the rear power switch.

6) Factory default the CW (menu>installation>factory default), set the antenna settings, autoscan (red button) . Enable the patch (F1 then press 000).Wait for box to autoroll.

You'll need to find yourself the newest bin file which is 1.44 for the premium model and the 1.05 or 1.06 loader, good luck!

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2702
Originally Posted by Looker
Items needed to update your CW600s Premium:

by LOOKER

Null Modem Cable
Latest bin for CW600S Premium model.
Loader v1.05 or Loader v1.06 (I ALWAYS USE LOADER 1.05)
Why? I have only used v1.06 . Whats the diff?

Username: Randyz

Post Number: 4
Not sure as this was originally posted by someone else, probably just a preference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us