Record from Comcast DVR to VCR

Username: Rfeigels

Post Number: 1
Okay, I'm pulling all the hair out of my head. All I want to do is record a movie that is stored on my DVR to my VCR. On the front of my VCR are three RCA jacks...yellow for video, red and white for audio. When I connect from the audio and video outputs on my Comcast Cable box to these jacks, I get video fine, but no audio.

Am I doing something fundamentally wrong? This doesn't seem like it should be brain surgery, but it's turning into it!

Thanks!

formerly xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
You need to go into the audio menu of your DVR and set the audio output to either analog or PCM depending on what options are listed.

xvxvxvx

formerly xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
You need to go into the audio menu of your DVR and set the audio output to either analog or PCM depending on what options are listed.

xvxvxvx

Post Number: 2
Well...darn. The DVR's only options in the audio menu is stereo, matrix, or mono. Is it possible it only outputs digital stereo? Therefore there'd be no way to convert the digital signal to analog. Are there any VCRs that can accept and convert a digital signal?

formerly xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Roger,

Try all three settings and see which one works. Another common mistake people make is they accidentally connect the audio cables to the DVR's input instead of the output jacks.

xvxvxvx

AuNatural2005
Unregistered guest
Roger, did you ever figure this out? I am having the same trouble

iworkincable
Unregistered guest
aunatural - use the video and audio out feeds on the back of the box to inputs of vcr change vcr to line in 1 or 2 depending on which your using

AuNatural
Unregistered guest
iworkincable, Thanks for your response. I will try your advice, but what is vcr line one and two?

Unregistered guest
Is it possible to transfer stored
comcast DVR recordings onto a home computer?

Username: Doc_chiron

Post Number: 4
web search:
"How to record via IEEE 1394 (Firewire) to Windows XP"

Unregistered guest
I tried recording from DVR onto VCR but as soon as I press the record button on VCR the TV screen goes blank (that is)DVR connection to TV is cut and VCR connection gets on. Because of this I am not able to record any programs from DVR. Kindly help

Post Number: 3
I have not been able to get this to work yet. Everything looks to be in order...there's no logical reason for it not to work. Unless there's just something wrong with my VCR. Cheap piece of @#@#&$

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1378
Connect with RCA jacks and set the VCR to line.

Post Number: 4
Okay, I figured it out. Actually not much to figure out, save to stop being lazy. Rather than reach around behind the units with a diagram of the back in hand, a flashlight, and a mirror, I just pulled the cabinet out (not particularly fun, since it has a 60" TV on it). Once behind the units I easily connected the outputs of the DVR to the inputs of the VCR and voila! It worked. Quality of recording to the VCR isn't spectacular, but should be sufficient.

Unregistered guest
I GOT A DVR FROM BRIGHTHOUSE AKA TWC scientific alanta z8300 and i got a IEEE firewire cable 1394 connect to my pc and its not pulling up on my pc to burn to my dvd burner from what i have record on my dvr

Username: Hcg

All:

Just got an DVR from Warner Cable. Is SA Explorer 8300HD DVR. The manual indicates that I can download saved dvr programs to my VCR, but that option does not come up when I follow the manual instructions.

Has Warner eliminated the option? Any work arounds?

hcg

Anonymous

Thanks to Roger for solving my recording problem! I didn't even think that I needed to connect my VCR to my DVR. I thought whatever was being displayed on the screen would automatically record to the VCR. But, now that I think about it, the TV screen is acting as a monitor while the actual program is stored on the DVR...even during "live" mode. Thanks for the help!

Awagunda
Unregistered guest
I am having trouble recording something from my DVR to the VCR. When I connect the outputs from the DVR to the inputs of the VCR, I lose the color from the television and the program I recorded. Does anyone know why this happened?

crb61388
Unregistered guest
how do you change you vcr to line when you want to record

MsAlly
Unregistered guest
Two things: the colors on your L,R, and Audio jacks (red, yellow and white) do not necessarily match from the DVR box out2 to the VCR line 2 in. Make sure you check the lettering on your machines. Match L to L, R to R and Audio to Audio, regardless of the lead's colors. Also, don't use the random jacks in the back of your VCR unless; you may need to read the delineation "L2" for line 2.

Then, when you are manipulating your VCR to record, you must use the remote and toggle the "input" button so that you switch your input from "Line 1" (which is always tuned to your cable input) to "Line 2". It will show up on your TV legend.

Then from your DVR "Play" menu, you should be able to scroll to the line item that says "Record to VCR". When you select this, the program starts instantaneously, so you may want to hit record first, if you really treasure that first second or two.

Good luck.

MsAlly
Unregistered guest
Okay, that's three things...long nite.

:-)

Username: Cannon_p

i have followed all the steps that tech told me and others even the book that is with my satalite dish but still nothing. can anyone out there help me. please.

Username: Pr_latin_girl

Miami, FL United States

can i save, using the usb 1.1 port, a recorded program? i have a DVR from Comcast Cable

Username: Pasionet

OMG I had NO idea so many people had the problem! I am having it, too!!! I'm gonna go try out some of the suggestions on my stuff. Only difference is that my TV doesn't have the input/output jack thingys, so we have a converter box thingy. Wish me luck! I've been fighting with the stupid thing since beginning of April!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us