Fortec FS 5900

Username: Gujju007

Post Number: 1
Hi...I have fortec FS 5900 receiver.

Please guide me on how to update the BIN file. My dish is pointing at 61.5 for DN.

Thank you very much in advance.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10390
Update it by throwing it in the garbage...and buying a REAL FTA receiver...its a Fortec,... its Mattel, its swell...LMAO

Post Number: 2
Very encouraging maan! I am new to this stuff and got this from a garage sell together with some stereo receiver...thought to give it a try but it looks like its no good.

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 621
hey gajender...sorry man but I have to agree with LK on this one. Those receivers are pretty much the worst of the worst at the moment. Its going to be nothing but a headache for you to maintain that receiver. Maybe if you got like 150-170 bucks we can tell you a nice receiver to purchase.

You can go ahead and check these out...these are pretty good at the moment.

Viewsat Ultra/Extreme
Extremeview Magnum
and i would prefer a cw600premium (its only $99 and it works like a charm. Really easy to use if you don't know much).

There are more receivers out there but these are just to name a few.

There are several sites that are listed in a thread on this board as well that you can use to get more info...and jus to let you kno a lot of ppl don't support that receiver at all anymore.
You can locate the thread with all the sites by the name of 'reputable...'. Just search it

Post Number: 3
Actually I have been browsing various threads on this site and others for last hour or so and it seems I will go for the Viewsat Ultra or Pansat 3500. I spent this week with Fortec and did got the fta channels so I think I will be okay.

Thanks for your reply... you too LK

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 622
STAY AWAY FROM PANSAT!

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10391
sorry guy...I wasn't trying to be mean, just factual...

for a newbie, I suggest a Coo*lsat 5000, homesat, or CW premium for simplicity and inexpensive costs...if U have a serial port older computer...

otherwise if U have ONLY USB puter, go for the Viewsat Ultra or sonicview 4000...

Post Number: 4
Okay...No Pansar then...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us