Echo settings to get indian channels

Username: Fortechhelp

Post Number: 2
Can any one please tell me the echo settings to get indian channels on my fortec life time ultra.The bin is 293t.
thx

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2949
Echo 3 - 61.5W.
LNB type - Standard
Freq.: 11250
22KHz off
skew - usually -45

A blind scan for the first time, preferably with AutoTP and Autoroll off.
If some TPs do not come in after a Blind Scan, add specific TPs.
BIN should be 293T.
DiseqC setting in software should match the physical connection, i.e. 1/2 or 1/2/3/4.

Post Number: 3
Hai Nalin, I'm not getting Indian channels with this settings. LNB type is dish-pro or standard?
can you help me further.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10319
LOL...I love the blind leading the blind...no offense, U are asking a honest question, but NOT providing enuff info for anybody with any true FTA knowledge to give U a legit answer..

There is NO way anybody can give U sensible advice WITHOUT knowing some details like:

what type LNB's?
what switch type?
what port is your 61.5 LNB cable ouput to?
how many sats/LNB's and receivers?
if others, how are they cabled and switched?

Thats just a starter...but let nalin , answer U blindly, she's good at that!...loves to hear herself talk!...has NO clue but she will reply to U, after bashing me, cause thats what she does best to everybody here, especially knowledgeable people!

Gold Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 1009

Hey fortechuser
What Bird are you trying to scan in for the Indian Channels. EchoStar 3 @ 61.5W, Anik 3 @ 118.8W EchoStar 9 @ 121.oW or EchoStar !/2 @ 148.oW?

Post Number: 4
Hey Kavin,
I tried EchoStar 3,Echo star 1/2,EchoStar7. Same set of channels are coming for every EchoStar.thanks for ur help

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10320
Then your dish is NOT properly aligned and/or the antenna dish receiver settings are NOT correct..and again what type LNB's do U have..Kavin has the right idea, start by telling us what sats U want..

Post Number: 6
I have fortech star life time ultra with bin 293T. I used to get all channels including Indian till 2 weeks back with 286T. So I'm thinking my dish alignment is not a problem.I want echostar settings for 1/2,7,8/10 or settings for echo star which will catch Indian channels.My LNB type is dish-pro. thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2961
So far LK has only interrupted without giving an iota of new information to you. So LK, buzz off and stop your ridicule, since you are the only person to be riduculed at.
When you scan any of the sats through your software setting, you may get some channels. They are NOT related to the sat you think you are scanning, but to the sat you are physically connected to. So when you say "Same set of channels are coming for every EchoStar.", what you are doing is scanning the same sat whatever you think you are scanning. If you go up and down with the channels you will see in the bottom left the actual sat you have scanned. That is the physical connection you have.
You said "I want echostar settings for 1/2,7,8/10"
i.e. you are asking settings for Echo 8.1 at 110W, Echo 7 at 119W and Echo 1/2 at 148W. Echo 1/2 has the Indian channels. You can't get these three together from one Dish. You have to have at least two dishes one for Echo7/8.1 and the other for Echo 1/2. You have to be located midwest or further west to catch Echo 1/2 at 148W. In the East people usually scan Echo 3 at 61.5W for Indian channels.
Post more details. do not listen to LK who is big pest always wanting to post everywhere and telling you off for no reason. Kevin is OK and he will guide you properly.

Post Number: 7
Thanks Nalin,As you said I have 2 dishes. I'm in california. why I'm not able to post details b'coz some one from shop came and fixed the dishes and scanned echo 1/2, echo 7, echo 8/10. We used to get Indian channels from 1/2. All other channels from echo7, 8/10. I changed the bin to 293T and i forgot to writedown previous settings. that's what happened. Previously my LNB setting is dishpro and all other I don't remember . I know entering keys, entering bins. Don't know much about.thanks for ur help

Gold Member

Post Number: 2965
For Echo 7 (119W) use LNB=DishPro and DiseqC setting of Port 1
For Echo 8.1 (110W) use LNB=DishPro and DiseqC setting of Port 2.
For Echo 1/2 (148W) use LNB=legacy and DiseqC setting Port 3 or 4.
For most of experimenting you keep the above DisEqC settings and change LNB types.
The following URL will give you a lot more details.
http://www.superfiles.biz/connect_Dish_500_to_receiver.htm

Remember that you have to have at least one Sat scanned to be able to access Nagravision Keys and autoroll settings.
Also note that BIN 293T BIN is good, but once the receiver is functioning, keep autoroll and antoTP off for least number of spontaneous resets.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10329
Presuming your watching echo7 and echo8.10, along with echo 1/2.. with DP lnb's type, and its pointed correctly.. if this is the case, then your antenna settings should be just this..

lnb type = dishpro ocs-dp
freq 11250 ..thats for all sats..
echo 7 should be #1
echo 8 should be #2
echo 1/2 should be #3 or #4 depending on how U cabled it
save settings on all sats

Use the SAT button on the remote to select Echostar package.. hit "ok" 2x then watch tv ...

If U have duplicate channels.. just do a factory reset from main menu.. set your antenna settings as I suggested above and then you BLIND SCAN

Post Number: 8
I don't have Legacy in my LNB list. I have standard, SINGLE STACK,Dish-pro,Universal 1,Universal 2,Single-SL,Single-SH . Mine is pansat 2500 clone. Thx

Post Number: 9
I forgot to mention the quality is coming up for only diseqc #2 for all Echos.
Do you want me to load factory flash and bin 293 again. If so can you tell me the procedure
thx

Gold Member

Post Number: 2967
fortechuser : You have to go into installation/antenna, select each sat and then enter the DiseqC for each.
You select Echo 7, and set DiseqC port 1 - then
You select Echo 8.1, and set DiseqC port 2 - then
You select Echo 3, and set DiseqC port 3 or 4.
After that you go out of antenna and select each one separately and do a blind Scan. Then do further experimenting.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2968
If you want to, you can reinstall BIN 293T. Sometimes there is difficulty installing BIN 293T - in that case, install BION 280T first and then install 293T. Many people forget toresotre the user settings and time,date and time zone.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2969
When you are trying, keep the DiseqC settings as above and experiment with changing LNB types, if you are not sure which LNB you have. For Echo 1/2 (148W), you may find Standard LNB may work best in the software settings.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10330
THERE IS NO DIFFICULTY IN INSTALLING BIN 293T..OBVIOUSLY HE HASN'T DONE ANY READING ANYWHERE..

HE COULD HAVE BAD CABLE, BAD SWITCH, BAD ALIGNMENT, BAD CONNECTIONS, BAD LNB...NOT JUST ONLY INCORRECT ANTENNA SETTINGS...

NALIN, U'RE SHOOTING FROM THE HIP BLINDLY..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2970
fortechuser : LK is out to make trouble. first he will not help. Then when somebody tries to help he will harras that person. Then he will be sweet withe questioner. Then he will shoot at the questioner. Just ignore him.
I have two Pansat 2500 clones and very conversant with them. I am posting from my experience. Lk does NOT have a POansat 2500 or a clone or a Fortec Ultra, but he wants to keep on harrassing.
For 293T BIN do exactly as I said and don't listen to the main menace at Ecoustics.

Post Number: 10
Nalin , I did as you said and reinstall 280t, 293t. No luck. I'm not getting any quality for diseqC 1,3,4 for any sats.
X-85BL_070411_293T_api-Full Jtag and X-85BL_070411_293T_api both came together right, so I installed both . After this I observed there is no quality for diseqC 1,3,4. Does the box works if I install flash file and 293T. Thanks for your help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Is because of using "X-85BL_070411_293T_api-Full Jtag" file before " X-85BL_070411_293T_api" I'm not able to get quality for diseqc 1,3,4. How to get quality for diseqc 1,3,4? Nalin can you help me ? Sorry , I'm really behind you.
Thx

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10334
LMAO...the bLind leading the blind...pal , U do whatever nalins says, I hope U do not ruin your recievert PERMANENTLY...but I really don't care either...I warned U...u're the idiot for coming here and listening to that crazy bi*tch...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2977
fortechuser : Do not use the full jtag file. Use the other one. Go back to 280T file (NOT full jatag, but serial load), then load 293T.
I am not able to answer you for the next one week.

Username: Ket

Post Number: 1
I have a two dish,Angels are 61.5 &119,Iam using
fortec classic n/a,what setup I need in my reciver,to watch both programes.
Thanks,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us