Watch out guy's cartier is killing Vs AGAIN !

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1733
How many recievers is this to date cartier? lmao!

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 761
Hehe...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1753
cartier1
Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 402
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 07:51 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i was helping friend i tried to flash pansat2700 i fallowed the insruction all i get is night rider . when i flashed with the new boot i only see night riders. and no it stuck in night riderswhat the hell is wrong with this

cartier killing Pansats now too! lmao

Gold Member

Post Number: 1754
cartier1
Silver Member

Post Number: 404
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 12:08 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i flashed with the latewst bin . i was not sure if the process was complete beforer i unplague the electric wire. i think the process was final cuz i saw the channel numbrers. . but when i tried to connect it to the tv . i only saw little light like it's gonna reboot but then the light went off.
now the reciever is dead. i tried to revive it using viewsat lite the old version since it has same software as platinum . nothing is happening .
i changed the fuse , i saw once some flashing and then nothing . i changed again the fuse nothing .
is there any other way of reviving my dead reciever.? jtag or whatever before i send it to be repaired. thanx fellas.

Don't let cartier touch your reciever!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1762

Silver Member

Post Number: 423
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

View First Unread Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

#1 3 Days Ago
poimoe
Junior Member Join Date: May 2006

Viewsat Plat dead after loading new bin

I loaded the latest bin on my platinum after a couple hours the picture froze and "inst" showed on the display and picture froze, once turned off it was dead. i.e. won't power on. No lights and no sign of life.

Things that I have tried:
loading factory bin. - Same result won't power on and so will not load.

Have not tried cloning with another Viewsat [this is the only one I have]

Any ideas on how to revive this unit? Unit is approx. (2) years new.

Thanks.

poimoe
View Public Profile
Send a private message to poimoe
Find all posts by poimoe
Add poimoe to Your Buddy List

#2 2 Days Ago
10stewart

I to have the exact same problem. Trying to get another reciever to try to clone it. I hope it works.

10stewart
View Public Profile
Send a private message to 10stewart
Find all posts by 10stewart
Add 10stewart to Your Buddy List

#3 2 Days Ago
10stewart

I can get all 8's on the panel by turning the power switch on and off a few times. Still won't boot up.

10stewart
View Public Profile
Send a private message to 10stewart
Find all posts by 10stewart
Add 10stewart to Your Buddy List

#4 2 Days Ago
venjra
Junior Member Join Date: Dec 2006

Reporting same problem....I know the board is passing energy, it makes the (dat) sound when I turn it on connected to TV, display is messed up or no coming on at all. I checked the inside fuse and is ok. Tried cloning with my other VS2000 patched and in good condition but it doesnt boot.

venjra
View Public Profile
Send a private message to venjra
Find all posts by venjra
Add venjra to Your Buddy List

#5 2 Days Ago
DAB
Junior Member Join Date: Feb 2006

I wonder if this new bin it is OK..
My platinum has not loaded the new bin is acting like has no recognized the
communication port.
We need advice and urgent..
Note: we could seriously harm our receivers.

DAB
View Public Profile
Send a private message to DAB
Find all posts by DAB
Add DAB to Your Buddy List

#6 2 Days Ago
jodi losee
Member Join Date: Jul 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by venjra
Reporting same problem....I know the board is passing energy, it makes the (dat) sound when I turn it on connected to TV, display is messed up or no coming on at all. I checked the inside fuse and is ok. Tried cloning with my other VS2000 patched and in good condition but it doesnt boot.

i had the same problem guys and no matter what i did nothing i had to take it in to the repair shop the other day still waiting to hear back on it but it is like it is in sleep mode

jodi losee
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jodi losee
Find all posts by jodi losee
Add jodi losee to Your Buddy List

#7 2 Days Ago
boardpro11
Junior Member Join Date: Jun 2006

how to clone viewsat

can somebody explain in detail how to clone the viewsat xtreme reciever i also have the same issue as you guys with having no power once i installed the latest fix.Thank you i am desperate to watch the playoffs.

boardpro11
View Public Profile
Send a private message to boardpro11
Find all posts by boardpro11
Add boardpro11 to Your Buddy List

#8 2 Days Ago
hogowner
Senior Member Join Date: Jan 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardpro11
can somebody explain in detail how to clone the viewsat xtreme reciever i also have the same issue as you guys with having no power once i installed the latest fix.Thank you i am desperate to watch the playoffs.

all you have to do is click on the search tab on top....alot of threads on what you need
SonicView 1000
SonicView 4000
SlingBox
2 Dishes with 4 Legacys

hogowner
View Public Profile
Send a private message to hogowner
Find all posts by hogowner
Add hogowner to Your Buddy List

#9 2 Days Ago
fleafta
Junior Member Join Date: Feb 2007

same here

i loaded the new file that was posted wed and right after i powered my reciever off when i saw the 4 0000 i went to plug it up and nothing happened man sounds like we all have the same problems man we need help huh

fleafta
View Public Profile
Send a private message to fleafta
Find all posts by fleafta
Add fleafta to Your Buddy List

#10 2 Days Ago
golf
Junior Member Join Date: Oct 2006

From what I've observed on this site and others is that this is a common problem with clones. If it is not a clone, you can send it to viewsat for repair.

Silver Member

Post Number: 424
#21 1 Day Ago
martins
Senior Member Join Date: Jun 2006

i have 3 that are not clones and all down gee what a joke

martins
View Public Profile
Send a private message to martins
Find all posts by martins
Add martins to Your Buddy List

#22 1 Day Ago
sam_numbers
Junior Member Join Date: Feb 2006

Viewsat Killing Their Own Receivers?????????

Is Viewsat doing what Pansat did a little over a year ago???
Viewsat has to make this good. All the loyal Viewsat customers are left in the dark???
Everything was fine until this latest bin file!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Two Viewsat Lites bought from an authorized Dealer are both now DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Loaded the Latest Viewsat Bin of 04/11, worked for a couple of hours then display said INST, picture froze, and now all BLACK.

Last edited by sam_numbers : 1 Day Ago at 11:35 AM.

sam_numbers
View Public Profile
Send a private message to sam_numbers
Find all posts by sam_numbers
Add sam_numbers to Your Buddy List

#23 1 Day Ago
rodothensum
Junior Member Join Date: Aug 2006

There is absolutely a problem here, I have at least 15 units (Not a single Clone. although I'm wishing they were, at least you can fix a clone yourself!)under my belt all platinums..4 machines are junk now after the 07 code was put in. Sounds like a great way to get customers to

A) Pay a service fee for repair or
B) Buy the new latest and greatest reciever.
C) A undertested Bin released.

I'll say this Viewsat has been incredible with quick bins and leading quality. But..This board will show just how many others were hit by this bin and I for one will not buy another unit from Viewsat..Unless I know there is a way to Completely Zero out the Flash chip and start from scratch or I have a promise from Mister Viewsat that He will foot the bill for any repair that is needed for the units. It's not just the platinums its the extreme's as well. That's my rant. Think what you want.

rodothensum
View Public Profile
Send a private message to rodothensum
Find all posts by rodothensum
Add rodothensum to Your Buddy List

#24 1 Day Ago
JackSparrow
Senior Member Join Date: Jul 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodothensum
There is absolutely a problem here, I have at least 15 units (Not a single Clone. although I'm wishing they were, at least you can fix a clone yourself!)under my belt all platinums..4 machines are junk now after the 07 code was put in. Sounds like a great way to get customers to

A) Pay a service fee for repair or
B) Buy the new latest and greatest reciever.
C) A undertested Bin released.

I'll say this Viewsat has been incredible with quick bins and leading quality. But..This board will show just how many others were hit by this bin and I for one will not buy another unit from Viewsat..Unless I know there is a way to Completely Zero out the Flash chip and start from scratch or I have a promise from Mister Viewsat that He will foot the bill for any repair that is needed for the units. It's not just the platinums its the extreme's as well. That's my rant. Think what you want.

Not to be mean or anything, but this is a testing hobby, if u are worried about loading new bins, FINE no 1 is forcing u, If u hate viewsat cus yur plat died, FINE don't purchase anymore viewsats, I've heard a lot of people criticizing mr. viewsat, Mr. Viewsat this and that, well Apparently most people don't understand that it isn't as easy as u guys think it is, People make mistakes, If u don't like the lil glitches u grt once a while FINE, trash yur Viewsat and switch to Dik Network subscription... AND Mr. Viewsat is releasing bins early because that is general for all business, U wanna release yur product first, That's why the man we call Mr. Viewsat is Mr. Viewsat, So to the people pissed off at Mr. Viewsat, you have no 1 or nothing to blame but yurself and your stupidity for buying this unit in the first place if you didn't trust it, Mr. viewsat is working hard and u can either support Viewsat and read more and do something Positive or u can throw away yur STB, Yaa every1 wants everything Perfect: A Perfect Bin ASAP at instant, that isn't bugged, well I want a million dollars in my hand at this instant, it doesn't mean anything, Deal with what you have! In other words if the bin is bugged oh well deal with it for a while, I trust the VS team's support and I have faith that they will fix it because I trust the Viewsat Brand and thats why I bought 4 Platinums!

JackSparrow
View Public Profile
Send a private message to JackSparrow
Find all posts by JackSparrow
Add JackSparrow to Your Buddy List

#25 1 Day Ago
SideLineMgr
Senior Member Join Date: Jan 2006

Mass Histeria is all .

SideLineMgr
View Public Profile
Send a private message to SideLineMgr
Find all posts by SideLineMgr
Add SideLineMgr to Your Buddy List

#26 1 Day Ago
markymark2
Member Join Date: Jan 2006

this reminds me of the 0304 killer bin that surfaced in march. box works fine for a while, buzz, inst, then once you turn it off you get no lights on the front of your receiver.

from what i know this may be due to user error (loading a plat file on an xtreem or vice versa then reloading the right file, or not waiting an extra few minutes after the box finishes loading the file). or it may be something in the file, clone kill code etc..

the tsop chip is corrupt and will not allow the proper booting of the machine.

to fix your box you have 3 options.

1. send it back to a viewsat repair center --$50-100
2. find an independent electronics repair shop to remove the bad chip (tsop) and reprogram it --$40.
3. follow the junkyard fix thread and hope they come up with something soon--free.

there are no other options these dead boxes need their hardware fixed, at present time there is no software fix.

markymark2
View Public Profile
Send a private message to markymark2
Find all posts by markymark2
Add markymark2 to Your Buddy List

#27 1 Day Ago
rodothensum
Junior Member Join Date: Aug 2006

Well Mr Jack Sparrow, I love the Viewsat Box..as I mentioned. And have supported the box for a long time..But..Just you wait and see how many receiver's go down in the next while..obviously your box is fine. for now. I am not known as a negative person..but..the proof is in the pudding. Just watch and see what happens to all of our viewsats in the future. Like I said if this is going to be a problem issue..viewsat instead of charging for repairs should sell a device to manually recode the chip onboard via the serial port.. or something like that. I have always supported viewsat..but the hardware needs a work around.

rodothensum
View Public Profile
Send a private message to rodothensum
Find all posts by rodothensum
Add rodothensum to Your Buddy List

#28 1 Day Ago
special_ed
Junior Member Join Date: Jun 2006

Safe to send back?

Is is saft to send back these viewsat receivers with altered code on them? This is proabably a naive question but should we? If so , where do you get the forms?

special_ed
View Public Profile
Send a private message to special_ed
Find all posts by special_ed
Add special_ed to Your Buddy List

#29 1 Day Ago
JackSparrow
Senior Member Join Date: Jul 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodothensum
Well Mr Jack Sparrow, I love the Viewsat Box..as I mentioned. And have supported the box for a long time..But..Just you wait and see how many receiver's go down in the next while..obviously your box is fine. for now. I am not known as a negative person..but..the proof is in the pudding. Just watch and see what happens to all of our viewsats in the future. Like I said if this is going to be a problem issue..viewsat instead of charging for repairs should sell a device to manually recode the chip onboard via the serial port.. or something like that. I have always supported viewsat..but the hardware needs a work around.

Yaa I understand, my response earlier in this thread wasn't for u but it was for others throughout this site who are angry at Viewsat, and really there are a lot of protective procedures that can be utilized for protecting yur receivers from death, I loaded 070407 an earlier file which rolled fine, I am a kinda of guy who doesn't load anything until I get a black screen, in other words, i won't try to fix it if aint broken, the 070407 bin worked fine, it was posted on the front page, What i did was load a factory file like 2051 or 0271, and THEN load the bin. The last bin I loaded was back in Febuary. Receiver worked fine not only 1 but all 4 of mine. and i READ the feedback that lies in these wonderful and helpful forums, and if i read that atleast 1 receiver died from this bin then i wudn't load it, i don't care if my receiver gives me a black screen for a couple of days, Heck i will just turn A/R off and load opkeys, up to a point where i see a solid bin release just like the 070407. Ya the hardware needs work, but i am pretty sure sooner or later, viewsat will figure it out because i trust Viewsat and their support, even if my plat dies i am happy that i had 4 plats running for 1+ years and that made me gain a lot of trust and support for the VS team and Mr. Viewsat

JackSparrow
View Public Profile
Send a private message to JackSparrow
Find all posts by JackSparrow
Add JackSparrow to Your Buddy List

#30 1 Day Ago
70 Buick
Senior Member Join Date: Jun 2006

It is not a biggy, I have lost 3 plats in the last few months , & the next guy who says it was user error should be shot !!!, I have loaded 1000's of machines over the years & have been a very loyal VS user , I am not pissed at VS, They have just lost my business, all dead ones have been & will be replaced by SV's , No use screaming about it , the only way to get VS to stop the killer bins is to buy another box , end of story , That or sub,
It is just bad business thats all !!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 425
satfuckerrrrrr read little you fuckinggggggggg squirel

Gold Member

Post Number: 1764
So after you killed another box,you decieded to look for a remedy, big deal.Your c/p's just prove your not the only "idiot" out there,but your still a looser. "IDIOT".

Silver Member

Post Number: 427
so when poeple have prob with fta they are idiots. right?
you know my dickkkkkkk are you used to it now. i dont fuckk boy but i get you im gonna stick it in your assssssss and pull it and give it to you to suck it bitchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. go look for job. stop being a faggggggggggggg , get a life

Gold Member

Post Number: 1767
cartier,quit dreaming,go watch tv.Oh thats right you can't, you "killed" all your and your fagg*t friends boxes too!LMAO !
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us