Best lnb??

Username: Georgeranger82

Texas Usa

Post Number: 7
i just got what i think is a good deal on a used lnb and dish , 20.00 bucks its a direct tv dish 18x 20 and a phase III lnb built in multi switch w 4 outputs. any one have that set up with the phase II lnb? let me know if i got ripped

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 746
You'll have problems with DTV phase III lnbs - does not work well with FTA.

Texas Usa

Post Number: 8
any ideas?? or can you reccomend another lnb that will work for my dish, i basically want it for ppvs

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York, NY

Post Number: 1006
You can make it work
But list in details:
- All hardware U got
- What Satellites U R looking for

You may have to buy couple more pieces of hardwares to make everything work

Silver Member

Post Number: 747
You could buy:

1. FTA dish with circular lnbs (usually sold as a package).
2. Most Dish Network dishes and lnbs like DishPro.
3. Most DTV dishes and lnbs.

I've heard of people having problems with the DTV phase III dishes, but King is very experienced and probably has a solution to make it work for you.

Texas Usa

Post Number: 9
i have a capptive works 600 s that i should recieve by friday 4/13/07 and the direct tv dish (eagle aspen??) 18x20 and the phase III lnb built in multi switch w 4 outputs, also im interested in (nfl network,pay per views ) stuff like that .

Gold Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 1008
you still didn't give me what Sats Yo want

List no paragraphs.
Basically the Middle LNB is usless so anything you'll get will be off the 2 side LNBs which seperated by 18 to 20 degree angle

With patient alignement and adding one LNB in the middle you can get 110/119
Without middle LNB best you can get is 91/110

This dish is so sensitive the slightest move gets the beam out of its focal point.
Use Antenna setup to get desired Sat along with Audio Beep.

You can point to 101 align and skew two side LNBs to get 91/110 then add a side Legacy LNB next to 110, slightly higher than 110. Point up and down until you hear the beep before you strap. Once you lock the signal Strap LNB well.

Did I try this? No
But it is how to. Trust me

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2332
The Dish itself is a passive reflector. It will work in that capacity.
You will need to buy LNBs depending upon what you wnat to scan.
Avoid DN LNBs.

Gold Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 1015
What do you mean by passive reflector?
What I see different about this dish is curvature comparing to its compactness genius design I think by by TERK. Not Sure.

Alignment for focal point is pain in the gAss if looking for multiple LNBs

Texas Usa

Post Number: 10
sorry for being so green im very new to the whole fta, sat thing. im basically looking for any satilitte that will get me any boxing, wrestling, pay per views i know i will have to load the software and firm ware. just for your info im in deep south texas, BROWNSVILLE,}} TEXAS about 10 min from mexico border.

Silver Member

Post Number: 751
If you're new then you want something simple. Spend a few extra $$$ and get an FTA dish and LNBs for sats 110 and 119. This will make configuring your receiver and dish-mounting simpler.

Gold Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 1016
Simple 123 is:
Dish 500 with twin LNB
One coax wire no switch required
Viewsat, magnum or sonic VU receiver

Gold Member

Post Number: 2343
George silva :
You were looking for advice. I have adviced before and the "gurus" have contradicted me, so here it is once more.

DO NOT BUY A DN TWIN LNB.

If you want 110W and 119W for your FTA, buy two separate single LNBs and mount them on a bracket and use them through a DiseqC ($10) switch . The switch should be a 4 to 1 for expansion to a third and/or fourth scanned satellite via a separate Dish.
If you want to run two receivers buy two dual LNBs and run them through two switches.

Now be ready to hear a lot of contradictions and probably profanity from some self styled "gurus".
King and Jason are NOT into profanity.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8746
Dish Pro TWIN LNB with internal switch is the easiest and simplest to use for DN satellites 110-119...1 cable and NO switches...makes it VERY simple to align and can also have 2 receivers with NO additional hardware/cables/switches...

Nalin is clueless about FTA!...and thats because she has never even seen a DP Twin , or ever installed a dish in her life!

BTW, if U don't believe me, then go to ANY Reputable Dss satellite site forums or chat and just ask ANYBODY with half a brain , and they will tell U the same as me!...nalin is the ONLY tard who disagrees!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2346
LK: and his guru friends could not get three people going with this so called simple solution.
That is real history at this site.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8752
nalin...if 3 tards like U tried to install it, with the help of 50 DN technicians, U 3 tards still couldn't get it going!...LMAO

all u can do is talk, but NOT do the walk!...hell, U don't even TEST, by your own admission!

Bronze Member
Username: Sekhem

Post Number: 57
LK 100% right. The twin LNB get you all you need for 119 and 110 and it is the best option with no hassles. Just make sure you have a clear sight of the south west view when aiming the dish.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2350
George: Now you have had all the advice you can get. Make your decision based on it, before people like LK get too abusive.
By the way, a lot of REAL FTA installers in Toronto area, actually remove the twin LNBs from BEV installations and replace with two separate LNBs. The BEV twins are similar to DN twins. These installers get paid only for the actual installation - the customers buy the LNBs separately at about $15-20 each.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8754
U must know some really stupid people if they do that...take a perfectly great and simple DP Twin LNB and replace it with 2 LNB's, 2-4 cables, and a external switch!....LMAO

thats like trading in a cadillac for a camel!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2358
LK: for once get this message through the thick dura mater on your brain.
A majority of people who are getting FTA in Toronto and othe rmajor cities a re immigrants - i.e. the people who do not like and abuse all the time. They are BARELY interested in your american channels at 110/119W. They want to watch their home TV channels - the homes and languages they left. They want 61.5W or 148W.
Now, listen and for god's sake, improve your knowledge. When you have to have 110W/119w and 61.5W, you need two dishes and with DN LNBs the installers who also happen to be mostly immigrants, have DISCOVERED THE TRUTH, that they will run into problems with scanning. They, on thier own, after many erroneous installations came to the simple conclusion that I enunciated several times to you and your hubby Porfumo.
So stop bugging me and go and learn. I suggest that if you contimue posting your useless pre FTA days info to others, YOU should be held liable for damage to their receivers and to the time lost.
LEARN from PROFESSIONAL INSTALLER who are doing THE WORK TODAY in real time on REAL FTAs.
FTAs are NOT DN or BEV equipment.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8759
nalin...don't EVER try and lecture me or talk down to me...I would put U on the next camel back to the Middle east!

I forgot more than u will ever know!..I am your master, and U know it!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2359
LK, the Ego maniac

Gold Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 1018
Hey Nalin and LK
I'm going to start my independent Radio talk Show Next week
Can I start with both of you on the Air
I can use real comedians instead of my stupid jokes
Upload

King asked me to say it

Gold Member

Post Number: 8777
hey King...watch & listen to Howard Stern's show, he's doing a piece on freaks of nature...and nalin is the guest star!...LMAO

Gold Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 1019
You are so mean LK

Gold Member

Post Number: 2365
King: I did not know that mean-ness was a sign of manic psychosis that LK has. I guess I will have to read more.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8779
I didn't know "nalin" meant "mad goat" disease....LMAO
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us