Anyone has experience with windows vista?

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 393
the worst windows yet is vista . how to get rid of it after an upgrad . looked everywhere but not muc h help . lot of poepel they dont much about it . any suggestion?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8683
I like it!

Silver Member

Post Number: 395
we know that you like what we dont and you dont like what we like. but for real lk do u like vista ? it's all trouble . and since you like it what it is the answer to my question .

Bronze Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 100
imo it sux if you tend to dl lotta bootleg stuff...the interface is nice and all but overall i tend to like xp much better.

When i say bootleg i mean cracks and all don't work well on xp. Too many errors and compatibility issues. If anything you should wait a while for the next edition of vista where most of these errors possibly could be fixed.

Its not that bad of windows but right now I chose to stick with xp because of all the headaches Vista caused.
Thats just my 2 cents.

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 101
oops sry..."When i say bootleg i mean cracks and all don't work well on xp" ...I mean to say Vista besides xp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8687
why get rid of it?...get use to it...its not difficult at all, and not that much of a change , except for all the security features..I have NO trouble or problems with mine..

Silver Member

Post Number: 397
to get rid of it it's problem. how . whereever i ask how i m told there is no way. now it's not even working in my new dell. it just screwed my laptab. after 3 weeks of use i got black screen with the logo to enter key product and says it not geniun copy. while the copy came with a new computer but has no product keys.

i did the upgrad and that's where made the mistake.

now i wanna get rid of it but keep my software originals that came with my laptab and that's the problem .

Silver Member
Username: Grimreeper

Post Number: 294
Only way to get rid of it is to reformat and reinstall XP

Silver Member
Username: Charjam

Post Number: 160
I have windows Vista , came with a new computer and i hate it . It will not reconize my driver for my radio shack usp , comport adapter , I do the stock market a lot and it is terrible . To get rid of it two ways if you got a upgrade you should be able to go to add/remove and take it out but if that is all you got then you have to load XP with a disc .

Silver Member
Username: Charjam

Post Number: 161
One other thing , I went back to Radio Shack to see if they had a upgrade and they didn't , They told me they are getting complaints that it won't reconize the printer driver or scanner , Mabe some but that is what they told me so i have decided to get my old computer fixed that has XP it is much better for me maybe it is better for some people . I am going to a class on it at the end of the month so maybe i can help somebody .

Gold Member

Post Number: 8694
I'm no puter whiz, but my Vista and new puter were setup in 10 minutes, ...and found new drivers and program updates very easily..and MSN , Adobe, and zip extraction programs are already pre installed with updates...No need to install firewall, antivirus, spyware, adobe, winzip, winrar, MSN, internet connections, and search for new drivers etc...new puter with Vista has it all already and sets up real quick..just plug n play! ...all my old puters took hours setting it all up, but not this with Vista..

Bronze Member
Username: Hoosier_daddy

Post Number: 70
more crap being pushed out by the evil empire....if you have XP pro why bother upgrading at this point...lots of bugs

Bronze Member
Username: Grub

Post Number: 72
would you buy an apple or a pc ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8713
pc = personal computer

apple is a fruit..or a PC made by Macintosh..

Bronze Member
Username: Grub

Post Number: 76
sorry .. what operating system would you get .. windows or apple

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2303
cartier1 : Register with ZDnet.com and you will get the latest updates and bug reports.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8721
Few people use Apple..but its considered a better and more virus safe computer, and well liked by its users...but 95% of people use Microsoft (MS) windows, and more info and updates are easier available and common..VISTA is the latest MS operating system (OS) , after XP, 2000, ME, 98, 95 and 301 and 300..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2309
Some recent headlines from ZDNET.com about Vista

April 9th, 2007
Windows cursor patch causing trouble

April 10th, 2007
MS Patch Tuesday: Vista dinged again
The carefully crafted image of Windows Vista as the most secure operating system of all time is beginning to take a beating.
For the second time this month, Microsoft has shipped a security bulletin with patches for a 'critical' Vista vulnerability that puts millions of users at risk of code execution attacks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8725
nalin...U are such a BUMMER...u could find fault with the Pope!...all u do is bi*tch and ego trip!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2312
Shut up LK. This is a forum for exchanging information on the posted topic.
The topic in thisd thread is Windows Vista.

YOU WILL GET OUT AN TAKE YOUR EGO AND YOUR NONSENSICAL POSTS BACK TO YOUR SITE WHICH IS ALREADY BANNED BY ECOUSTICS.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2313
As posted earlier, before interuption by LK.

Some recent headlines from ZDNET.com about Vista

April 9th, 2007
Windows cursor patch causing trouble

April 10th, 2007
MS Patch Tuesday: Vista dinged again
The carefully crafted image of Windows Vista as the most secure operating system of all time is beginning to take a beating.
For the second time this month, Microsoft has shipped a security bulletin with patches for a 'critical' Vista vulnerability that puts millions of users at risk of code execution attacks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8731
nalin...blow me, then shoot yourself!

Username: Dakota2002

Post Number: 2
LK you say "I'm no puter whiz, but my Vista and new puter were setup in 10 minutes, ...and found new drivers and program updates very easily..and MSN , Adobe, and zip extraction programs are already pre installed with updates...No need to install firewall, antivirus, spyware, adobe, winzip, winrar, MSN, internet connections, and search for new drivers etc...new puter with Vista has it all already and sets up real quick..just plug n play! ...all my old puters took hours setting it all up, but not this with Vista.." but you still have to use all of these? "Posted on Friday, April 06, 2007 - 10:05 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ad-Aware..considered the one of the best anti spyware, better than the Norton and Macfee paid programs..and updates daily...
http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Personal-Edition/3000-8022_4-10045910.html?p art=dl-ad-aware&subj=dl&tag=top5

spybot..another anti spyware
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

Spywareblaster 3.51 ..another great anti spyware
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/

AVG 7.5 Anti Virus ...FREE and considered the BEST of all anti VIRUS programs
http://www.grisoft.com/doc/31/us/crp/0?prd=isw

I use all of the above..1 anti spyware program will not catch it all, so its suggested to use a few...the AVG 7.5 anti virus cannot be used with another antivirus program, but this is the best and free...U can Only use 1 anti virus program on your computer but can install and use all 3 anti Spywares and the 1 anti virus...." HA HA HA whats that tell you about Vista......LMAO

Silver Member
Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 222
Just checked in to see what is going on. Seems Vista is a big topic on the entire net. I personally use Linux, except in cases where I don't have a choice. I really don't have virus problems, or truly any other kind of trouble. I have to be careful what hardware I buy, making sure the manufacturer has a linux driver, but it isn't that hard. Mandriva, Ubuntu, Red Hat, all are good options for those who really don't want to get on the Redmond express. From what I have read about Vista, it is a new grab at owning the internet. Use our browser, our anti virus, our firewall, our ad infinitum, etc. It is an attempt to put all other software companies out of business. Now in pure capitalism that is okay, but we learned the hard way that does not work. Monopolies are bad, even when it is by the government. Microsoft is working hard to be the only purveyor of computer software. It goes back to what the devil himself has said, and I paraphrase here, There is not room for everyone, just one, and I am that one. He said that back when microsoft was but one of a dozen operating systems to choose from. His business model is to destroy the competition by any means necessary. I don't think he is doing it for the greater good. Whole countries are turning their back on microsoft because of this. By countries, I mean the governments. Check out South Korea, many parts of Germany, etc. There is a backlash to that type of business model. You know a company has gotten way to powerful when the US government backs down to it. Do I use microsoft software, sure, I use computers and can't avoid it, but I would like to maintain a certain amount of choice in the matter.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8738
aly ray...U are a real TARD..I post links to FREE antivirus and anti spyware programs and U try and bash me...LMAO...U are 1 stupid SOB..

I have 2 computers...1 old (ME)...1 new (Vista)..azzhole!

Don't try and be cute or witty...U just an azzhole wannabee..

Gold Member

Post Number: 8739
aly ray...U are a real TARD..I post links to FREE antivirus and anti spyware programs and U try and bash me...LMAO...U are 1 stupid SOB..

I have 2 computers...1 old (ME)...1 new (Vista)..azzhole!

Don't try and be cute or witty...You're just an azzhole wannabee..

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 739
If you have an older computer then you will need more RAM (1 GB) and a good video card to run Vista. Vista is very buggy from what I've seen and a lot of applications have problems running on it. The dialogue pop-ups are insane, however there is a way to disable them if they bother you. Just like any of their others OSes, M$ will have the major bugs worked out in a month or two, so I would hold off until then if you want to upgrade.

Silver Member

Post Number: 223
In line with what Jason said, microsoft oses tend to grow to fill whatever hardware becomes available. Windows 95 installed at @ 95 megs, Win98 @ 200 meg, Me about the same, XP over a gig, and now vista at ? Who knows? No matter what improvements are made in hardware ms just sucks up those resources. Does it really work that much better? How has it improved the computer experience? Many people consider ms bloatwate for a reason. Now does it work, usually. Do they make it a no brainer for 95 percent of the people, pretty much. Is it the best we could have? Not really, but it is the best ms can provide and as a monopoly, (if you have 95 percent of the market, sorry that is a monopoly)they only have to provide what they want, and like it or not, that is all you get. Ms has done to software what Walfarts has done to small businesses everywhere. Soon, we will buy everything from WalFarts and have computers we pay a per use fee to ms. I am just waiting for ms to shut people out of the majority of websites if they don't use IE. If you think that is far fetched, check out how .net is affecting the internet.

Bronze Member
Username: Trucker

Post Number: 66
i think part of the problem is internet explorer 7, which is part of vista. i'm still running xp, been happy with it , except when i upgraded to internet explorer 7. that's when i started having compatibilty issues, with my printer and some web sites, had to get patch from hp's site to fix printer. i think i'm going to hold off on vista for know. i also don't like the fact, that MS is getting too controlling with vista. i'll leave it at that, just my opinion.

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
I don't like that a private company I have no control over has so much power over a public facility, the internet, or a part of our lives that is becoming more and more important, computers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8743
Actually Vista only requires 512 mg ram..

Silver Member

Post Number: 744
"Requires" is what they say, but they recommend 1 GB. When you do a Vista install, the installer program will refuse to continue if less than 512 MB is detected. And, the OS will run fine on 512... until you start loading on your apps.

Bronze Member
Username: Sekhem

Post Number: 54
Vista is a memory and HD space hog. The more memory (2 GIGS or more) and hard drive space ( 320 gigs or more) you have, the better, the video card should be a high end 256 mb card or better if you want the aero graphics and should be on a PCI express card slot.
The motherboard should be vista compatible as well to avoid any "blue screen Deaths" while installing it. It happenes to be a dream with all of those ingredients : )

Gold Member

Post Number: 2328
Joe Willis: Your posts (hopefully) should be an eye opener to many an ill-inofrmed person.
However, MS has such a strong hold on many that they refuse to acknowledge the very existance of Apple and Linux software (not to mention the OS's of maiframe computers).
There is a move in Europe towards curbing MS and I beleive they are partly successful. In the meantime, we in North America are stuck with having to use Vista, often becasue it comes with the new hardware you buy. This is another of MS's techniques of encouraging the user to stay with MS. They encourage the larger vendors to include the OEM version of Vista for free with the system.

The biggest problem is their tolerance to software piracy. They make big noises about piracy, but apart from shutting down a few vendors and suing a few large users, they have not done much about it. There is built in anti-piracy software in the Vista, but it is buggy and the inital reports were that many legal users got warning messages from MS.
As to memory usage and HD needs:
"Software expands to fill the memory available"
My first computer was a 64K (not 64M) computer and I could do word processing using Wordstar software! I still use it now and then, and it still has a better control over column operations than the lastest MS Word.

Silver Member

Post Number: 750
Microsoft is where it is today because of their strong focus on marketing and giving the customer every feature that is asked for. So much so that they will release a product into the marketplace without proper design or testing (bug fixes) and many people are happy to get "the latest and greatest", feature-wise.

Microsoft also has many security problems. Microsoft's security is flawed for many reasons:
1. Too many features. The more features an OS has the more ways there are to exploit it.
2. Bugs not worked out. Bugs are software flaws.
3. Popularity. Because 90% of users run Microsoft crackers (evil hackers) will spend most of their time finding ways to exploit Windows over, say, FreeBSD.
Of course, the more secure a system is the less "usable" it is.

Linux, on the other hand, is a lot more stable, but it doesn't appeal to the masses because it's a bit more difficult to use plus there are many flavors (kind of like Mongolian hoards - powerful but uncoordinated). Even Macintosh has gravitated to UNIX with OS 10. Reportedly, there are still portions of windows written in BASIC.

Let's face it, people who like to tinker with computers will gravitate to Linux/Unix and the other 90% of people will just want what a really large coorporation tells them they need.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2340
Jason: A very good analysis

Gold Member

Post Number: 8750
nalin...yeah U better make all the friends U can..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2349
Jason's was a very good analysis. Ignorant people will never recognise the insight that went into Jason's post.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us