Dish Pro Plus LNB's (Yet another myth busted)

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2552
I deceided to really dig into this power issue of the DishProPlus that some people seem to believe as the problem. And here are my results:

DishProPlus LNB

- One running with Viewsat Platinum for the last 5 hours without a problem. No other receiver connected to that lnb and I have NOT had any problems!

- One running with Viewsat Extreme and Pansat 2700 for the past 8 hours and NOT one problem.

Will be testing the the Pansat 2700; the 3500 and the old fortecs with these LNBs without any outside power source nor DN receiver on it and let you know if it works.

AGAIN AS OF RIGHT NOW THE ABOVE TWO SETUP ARE WORKING WITHOUT A DN RECEIVER OR A POWER INSERT.
THIS IS A FACT!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2554
I just set up a Pansat 2700 alone with the DishProPlus LNB and so far so good. Again, no external power source and no DN receiver. Just the Pansat 2700. Will let everyone know if anything changes.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2560
Going on to three hours with Pansat 2700 ONLY to power DishProPlus LNB and it's working without a problem...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2562
Just finished watching Wrestlemania 23 with the Pansat 2700 connected to the DishProPlus LNB as stated above and not one problem.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8558
The confusion comes from the fact that people who have DPP LNB's are/were subscribers...and most all have/had a dish 1000 setup with a 2nd dish and 3rd LNB...and all had a DN receiver...so these people hear about FTA, want to get it free, and keep their DN sub too and decide later if they want to cancel their subs...so with the 3 LNB's/sats needing power, its necessary in 99% of cases to have additional power from the DN receiver when adding a FTA..for those that just have only a DPP twin, just a FTA receiver by itself may provide enough power, but NOT in many cases...most people do need the additional power of an additional receiver...some people have had success with using 2 FTA receivers for power, try that if U get a chance...its good to see U posting your personal results here ...to keep it simple, most of us just state to run a 2nd DN receiver for power purposes, rather than go into details about how U MAY get away with using ONLY a DPP Twin and some specific FTA receiver..also the Echostar DPP tech bulletins emphasize the need for a 2nd receiver with legacy DN receivers, which many has misinterpreted..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2564
I agree 100%. I just ran a third lnb into the DPP and signal dropped like a bad habbit! Not enough power to keep it going with only one receiver. Hooked up second receiver and as long as both are on, then it works. LOL

I just wanted to make sure what some around here post is founded and the only way to find out is to test!

Gold Member

Post Number: 8560
Its good to test and get first hand knowlege...U will also find out that with some receivers , especially neusat and viewsat, that they MANY times they will NOT work, even with a 2nd receiver, when using a DPP twin and a 3rd LNB..all receivers will NOT power the 3 LNB's..

Two receivers definitely known to have issues with DPP type lnbs are neusat and Viewsat...these cant switch properly using the third lnb port hook up. Coo*lsat and Extremeview work ok. The VS should work ok using the twin DP hookup approach using the external 4x1 with third lnb ported to external on 3.

Some receivers are not going to power 3 DP lnbs no matter how you have it switched unless you give it a power source.

The DPP twin requires a minimum of 600mA to power all 3 lnbs. Most FTA receivers only provide 400-500mA . To have all 3 lnbs working is use either a dpp44 power inserter (1650 mA) a dpp44 switch or DP DN Ird (750mA).. the DP Ird is touch and go though. Two sats should work fine but once the third sat is added then the trouble starts unless you use the above power source.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2565
LK - Good info to know!

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 380
PRFRMNJ
i wanna know when u did the test if u have any switch involved as dpp44. and how many bird were you doing the test for at the same time /?

one question plz: the high definition requiers the dpp lnbs or any lnb as long as the receiver is high definition / thanx

Gold Member

Post Number: 2566
Cartier1 - Read the first two posts. Dish500 and DPP. No switches only two birds.

Silver Member

Post Number: 381
PRFRMNJ you think i did not read your lost before asking . yes i did read you are not mentining anything . just that you are testing that's all . let me know when u do that with 110/119 /61.5 then we talk.
i only read the post that you wrote i skiped what lk said in his post i dont read it im not interested in what he says. so that why i ask you stright . if the question is too complicated for you disregard my questions and move on with your tests.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2567
Cartier1 - Your question:

i wanna know when u did the test if u have any switch involved as dpp44. and how many bird were you doing the test for at the same time /?

My Answer:

Read the first two posts. Dish500 and DPP. No switches only two birds.

If you don't know how to ask a question then don't ask. Had you read the post it clearly stated NO SWITCHES just a DishProPlus LNB with two FTA Receivers first and then another test with only one FTA Receiver.

If you would do a little reading you would have seen where I stated later:

I just ran a third lnb into the DPP and signal dropped like a bad habbit! Not enough power to keep it going with only one receiver. Hooked up second receiver and as long as both are on, then it works.

SO GO SCREW YOURSELF AND DON'T ASK ME ANYTHING. YOU'RE AN ASSSHOOOLE AND I WILL NOT WASTE MY TIME RESPONDING TO YOU JACKASSS

Silver Member

Post Number: 382
PRFRMNJ the dpp has problem using viewsat or other fta reciver when u involve a 3 rd lnb you my be loosing signal from one of the birds.or all of them . tha's my own experience with dpp lnb's . and if u use 3rd lnb you are required to use switch . the most sweeetble for dpp is dpp44. and that's where the problem start.
again that's my own experience with my dishes.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2570
That's already been said here by both myself and LK! READ THE POSTS... All that information has been posted. What is your problem????

Silver Member

Post Number: 383
PRFRMNJ you never sais 2 birds and never mentioned dish500 faggggggggggggg. there is not just dish500 in market there are millions.
i understand your frustration it's spring and it's nice in mexico and you can not go . you need a green card. i understand that. and also your sister is hiding in basement day time and is whore for $25 night time . so keep up you do great job . im proud of you .

why dont you put dpp44 switch in your a*ss and see the mA how high it will go

Silver Member

Post Number: 384
FAGGGGGGGGGGGG I SAID I DONT READ LK POSTS. I SWEAR I DONT. I SKIP THEM .
AND FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Gold Member

Post Number: 2571
I will post this again but notice the added information based on the above tests...

Dish Pro Twin or Quad & Dish Pro Plus Twin

I am going to attempt to clarify what appears to be a big confusion for some and the topic of misquoting for others.

First things first -- Dish Pro Equipment is very FTA Friendly and probably the easiest to set up. It is the setup and understanding of this equipment that give some people headaches. There is a big difference between Dish Pro LNB's and Dish Pro Plus.

Similarities:

- They both have a built in switch which allows for direct connection to the receiver.

- They can be used to bring in the signal of any combination of two satellites provided they are less then 10 degrees apart.

- They work with most if not all FTA Receiver on the market today.

- They can be mounted on a Dish500 dish.

Differences:

- Power requirement for the Dish Pro Plus is higher when using the Input and runnign a third LNB. This creates the necessity to either keep a DN Receiver connected to port #1 of the LNB or to use a Power Insert.

- Dish Pro Plus has a built in 3 way switch and one input which allows you to receive signal from two different satellites with the main LNB and add a third satellite by installing a variety of LNB/Dish combination. AGAIN WHEN RUNNING A THIRD LNB YOU WILL NEED TO KEEP EITHER THE DN RECEIVER CONNECTED OR A POWER INSERT.

- Dish Pro Plus LNB signal can be split when using DN Dual Tuners.

- You CANNOT split the signal with a regular Dish Pro Twin or Quad LNB.

Dish Pro 34 Switches and Dish Pro Plus 44

READ CAREFULLY -- While you can use a Dish Pro Switch with Dish Pro Plus LNB's, you CANNOT use a Dish Pro Plus switch with a Dish Pro LNB

- Dish Pro 34 switches are very easy to use and install.

UNLIKE MOST WHO REPEAT WHAT I SAY AND THEN DO SO INCORRECTLY

- The Dish Pro 34 switch does NOT require an addition power source. You can use this switch with any of your FTA Receivers and NOT need to keep your regular DN receiver!

Only use this switch to run a 3 satellite 4 receiver system with a Dish Pro Twin LNB.

If you are going to run a 2 satellite system and 4 receivers then just use a Dish Pro Quad.

- The Dish Pro Plus 44 switch DOES require a power insert which is provided with the switch. I would NOT recommend using this switch as you really don't gain anything with it unless you are running a complete DN installation and not FTA.

Bottom Line -- You can use Dish Pro Plus equipment and if you want the setups I will be more then glad to help you with it, but it is not worth the headache!

Even if you have a dual tuner which requires the Dish Pro Plus capabilities, you can always run to lines into that tuner from a regular Dish Pro LNB. Not to mention you can combine the Dish Pro 34 switch with up to 4 switches and get up to 12 receivers!

The biggest problem I've seen from people attempting to use Dish Pro and Dish Pro Plus LNB's is performing scans. They end up with repeated channels! There is a technique to performing a perfect scan and is addressed in my follow-up post.

There is no substitute for testing and testing is where you will gain knowledge!

As I said before -- FOR THOSE WHO WILL QUOTE OR JUST REPEAT WHAT I SAY -- I rather you cut and past the information correctly and give credit where credit is due or at least quote the information correctly!

This thread is not open to discussion unless you bring testing knowledge to the table and not what you've read.

OH YES -- for the trouble makers around here, don't bother posting -- YOU WILL BE IGNORED...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2572
Cartier1 - I guess it's time to ban that name as well you trouble making dick. FUUCKK YOU STIPID FAAGGGGG

Gold Member

Post Number: 2573
I alreay put it in your wife's and as usual, it didn't make a difference. You may want to tell her to get off the donkey. I'm done with you. You're a worthless piece of crap.

Silver Member

Post Number: 385
IF HAVE THE POWER TO BAN CARTIER1 GO AHEAD DO IT PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. I DONT GIVE HELL ABOUT POST NUMBERS AS YOU DO . IT WILL BE CARTIER2 AND 3 AND 4 AND SO ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.
BUT THE BAD NEWS IS I CAN BAN YOURS AND IT WILL BE CRISIS FOR YOU STARTING FROM POST 1

Gold Member

Post Number: 2574
Since there are some (well may one) who can't understand. The above tests were performed with a DishProPlus Twin LNB

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2575
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.... Yet another thread trashed by an idiot like you...

Bronze Member
Username: Happyyash

Denver, Colorado USA

Post Number: 29
PRFRMNJ
Please advise on how to perform a scan that will not give duplicate and repeated channels

' They end up with repeated channels! There is a technique to performing a perfect scan and is addressed in my follow-up post. '

Gold Member

Post Number: 8574
PRFRMNJ
Gold Member

Post Number: 2500
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 - 05:29 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the easiest way to do this. First bypass your DP34 and run a straight line into the receiver and perform this:

UPDATED PERFECT SCAN

Perfect Scan with Dish500 and DishPro (Twin or Quad) or DishProPlus Twin LNB

-First you will need to reset factory defaults

-Then go into your Antenna Setup and configure

NOTE: If you are using Fortec or Pansat you will need to unselect the bird you are not scanning. To do this, use the arrows on your remote to deselect the sat.

- You will then set your LNB type to Standard and select the port on the DISEcQ where for this sat (119 = 1 & 110 = 2).

NOTE: If you are scanning 119 then 110 should be unselected and in the DISEcQ option it should read NONE.

- Now commence your scan as follows:

Viewsats = Sat Scan
Pansats/Fortec = Blind Scan

All other = Equivalent to Blind Scan

NOTE: The reason for doing only a Sat Scan for Viewsats is because by default Viewsats will update all TP's on the bird being scanned. If you try to do a Blind Scan without deleting your TP's you end up with duplicate TP's and channels

- At the end of this process do the same for next sat repeating the steps above. Once you have completed all scans you will need to go back and reconfigure your antennas as follows:

For Fortecs and Pansats:

LNB TYPE = DishPro
DISEcQ -- 119 = 1 and 110 = 2.

The remaining options will stay the same. Keep in mind that depending on your location you may or may not have any signal on the first TP that appears in your settings for 119. Do not alarm yourself with this.

For Viewsat Owners the steps are pretty similar, but all you do is turn the LNB Power Off in the Antenna Setup.

Once completed you will need to reconfigure as follows:

LNB TYPE = OSC-DP
DISEcQ -- 119 = 1 and 110 = 2.

Bronze Member
Username: Andreasmith

Post Number: 12
LK,
Can you help me on the following post.

I am facing a strange problem. I am getting only B4U music and not any other channels. All the other channels are saying No Signal. I have Pansat 2700a and Bin 295. I tried to go to B75-201 but did not solve the problem. So reverted back to 295. Now i am getting only B4U music and nothing else. Not sure whether power to DP34 is causing this. My set up to Receiver 1 on the swith DN receiver is connected to supply power. Receiver2 is connected to 2700a.But this channel is coming with a signal strength varying between 40 to 60. All other channels are having zero signal. When i check the DN Receiver i have a strength more than 100.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us