Trouble with Proscan TV

Username: Parents

Great Falls, Montana USA

Post Number: 1
My parents Proscan TV is stuck on one channel. They can turn it on and off manually but can't change the channel.

Username: Pdawg304

I have a Proscan PS61700 and when I'm watching
TV the picture looks great for about 10 minutes then I'm watching double please HELP!!!!!

Unregistered guest
I have a proscan ps32500 that I have had since 1999.
I love this tv. But last night, we lost all sound.
Can't get it back.
Help.

Unregistered guest
I have a 35 inch Pro Scan TV bought in 1994 which has performed flawlessly until this past week. The picture appears to be fine, but the menu script on the left side of the screen from my channel info bar of my DirecTv receiver is out of focus. The closer you look to the left edge of the screen, the worse the out of focus problem gets. It does this problem while viewing DVD or other sources. It is clear in the middle and just off center of both sides, but is almost unreadable on the left edge. Can anyone tell me what may cause this? And is it repairable or is the focus across the screen a sign of mass failure?
Thanks

Anonymous

my proscan tv is about 12 years old. I am trying to set up PS2 to it. cannot get it to work. any advice???

Username: Rkohls

1999 proscan 36" lost all audio out....dvds OK, no vhs, bose is fine with am/fm/cd...very strange, acts like it lost sound card. any ideas?? Randy

A.K.F.
Unregistered guest
We have a proscan 1993, 35 inch...which has worked wonderfully until now. All of a sudden the screen turned grey with white horizontal lines (it looks like notebook paper) accross the entire screen. The audio and cable is fine, and the picture appears faintly in the background of the grey notebook paper. We're pretty sure it's has something to do with the video circuit...We want to fix it ourselves, but we are unsure as to how to go about it. Any advice as to where to look online for information?

Dennis Mathias
Unregistered guest
I have a Proscan 35 inch TV. I cannot connect the DVD player directly to the TV and get it to play. I have hooked it up directly to the back of the system (Input 1)and to a small direct connection on the front right side of the speaker. Neither work. Is there a "video" channel. I tried "00" but cannot get anything but viewing channels. I tried going through the set up menu and set up Input 1 and channel 4 but still nothing.

Unregistered guest
i have a 27" proscan that has been perfect till saturday.the tv has to be 5-6 years old.i have it sitting in a wall unit and i pulled it out to dust around it and when i put it back it went to extra green.i tried numerous times to reduce the green and rebalance the color and tint and could not eliminate the green.than i shut the set off and when i turned it back on the extra green was gone but noww i am left with a red shadow.this is better but not the perfect picture that i have had all these years .any ideas if i could do anything to adjust this problem?

thanks a million

d_walk10
Unregistered guest
I have a 36 inch ProScan Televisions that has worked great for about 5-6 years. A few days ago the picture went completly out. I can still get the TV'v menu, channel and time, but no picture. The sound is fine and I have check the satalite feed and that is fine as well. It will not show the picture from the DVD or the VCR as well..... Any ideas....... I can usually figure these things out, but I am stumped on this one.

Username: Talknbarb

Los Angeles, CA USA

I have a ps32500 that was fine until last week, the audio went completely out. If you turned the volume down and then powered the TV off and back on it would usually regain sound, but if you turn it up too loud the sound goes out completely again. Then for some reason, this problem just stopped and sound was fine but now the video is out. Just a white screen with the channel listing (which of course goes off as usual) and sound, no picture with direct tv or with Dvd's or VCR.

James Hall
Unregistered guest
my proscan tv was working fine then the sound went out and now today it won't turn on at all. any advice would help.

Username: Ljnelson

My Proscan tv was working fine and it the pictured fluttered and then when out, and now the tv won't turn on at all.

Any suggestions?

It's a Proscan model # PS32500

Todd Richard
Unregistered guest
Same problem as everyone else has. My 36 in ProScan will not longer power up, it just does a clicking sound.
My sound went out about a year ago, so I now run all my sound through our stereo.
NO more Proscans for me.

Silver Member
Username: Vindsl

Post Number: 124
DUDE!!! THIS IS TOO WEIRD!!!

I have a 12-inch RCA in the bedroom. I've never had a single problem with it until last week.

Guess what?!?!?! It won't turn on. It won't turn off. And, it gets stuck on one channel.

If I leave it unplugged for several hours - it WILL turn on, but after watching it for a while, it gets stuck on one channel, and I can't turn it off without unplugging it from the wall.

How weird is this?

I know it isn't a Proscan, but it IS an RCA.

Maybe it has something to do with a common device, like a PROM or something...

Unregistered guest
Well it appears that the 1999 ProScan's are all dying, according to the posts I've read. I bought mine in 1999, has worked perfectly until last night. The sound just died and cannot get it to work. I see many posts about this but no solutions...or is there no solution other than buying a new tv????

Username: Ringo

Montreal, Quebec Canada

I own a PS36 since 1996, the image is gone , there only a horizontal line on the screen and weird sound

TV Psychic
Unregistered guest
RCA sent out a destruct signal to all their Proscans via a vulcan mind meld. If you have a 2000 model you have less than a year left, better crack open those piggy banks real soon.

TV Psychic

Unregistered guest
My girlfriend has a proscan tv and it is a piece of crap. When we turn it on the screen moves up and down constantly, then it goes into a white line across the middle of the screen, then it will finally pop back to normal. Any hints on how to fix this thing?

jules
Unregistered guest
I bought a PSVR83 in 2000. It worked fine till 5-6 months ago when it shut off anywhere fron 2 hours to 2 weeks. i had a tech visit and he said it was a memory problen or it was the picture tube itself! when he left, it worked fine for two weeks and now it won't come on at all! all i get in the beginning line that poof, nothing. can anyone tell what is going on as i greatly would appreciate it! Did RCA stop making Proscan?

Unregistered guest
I have a 10 year Proscan PS35182 and worked super but my power system went out 2 weeks ago. I think the high voltage. Where can I find the part for this or a repair service. I am Woodland Hills, Ca

Unregistered guest
I have a 97' model proscan the picture in the middle is drawn inward and the corners are flared outward we were told it was the resolution . Can this be fixed ? if so, how?

Bronze Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 37
Debbie Kimball,
What channel is it stuck on? It's possible you might need to re-autoprogram the TV if it lost it's channel memory, or something in the settings was selected to lock the TV, like if there is a menu option where during setup it asks if you have a cable box connected to this tv and what channel is the output for said device. If this is the case, you need to go back into the menu and deselect this option. In the future if you would include the model number of the TV it would help to have that information.

Anonymous

I have a Proscan tv that is about 7-8 years old. My question is I cannot change the time and tv guide since daylight savings time. I have pulled the plug for 24 hrs and went to menu, set it up to the correct time and when I turn on the tv next time the time is changed back and hour behind. What else can I do to correct this problem, I love the guide but it is not the correct programs or time. Please help me !!!

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know the weight of Proscan PS35182
my manual doesn't say. Thanks

Marvin Willens
Unregistered guest
To Jerry Tooker,
Tried to get back to you to thank you for the info on my Proscan but the e-mail address was no good.
D o you know what the weight of PS35182.

Unregistered guest
1993 36 inch Proscan T.V. built into oak cabinet. It was the best TV ever. Until recently I stored it for 7 months and it won't come on at all. Any advice greatly appreciated

Master Mechanic
Unregistered guest
1992 Proscan PS27151 chassis ctc169ce2

picture is one thin horizontal line in center of tube, sound is ok

have checked for obvious burnt components in vertical deflection circuit, none found
any pointers to what components should be tested or replaced would be greatly appreciated, hopefully get a few more years out of it before it goes in the trash

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1035
Check the power supply/regulator.

Unregistered guest
I have a ps35660
when I turn it on it just clicks a few times I get no picture no nothing.

Master Mechanic
Unregistered guest
Thanks David
I didn't see anything wrong on component side of board, after wrestling tube and boards around, managed to look at bottom of board. Found a couple traces that were damaged from I think a leaking cap. These traces went from power supply to deflection circuit. I jumpered them, and picture is fine now.

Now I have another tv from parents that doesn't work.
A Zenith 25" A25A23W 8-1998, the tv was on, and just turned off. No visible damage to components. When turning power on, it appears to turn on, crt charges, audio comes on, just for 2-3 seconds then shuts off. Pressing power button again does nothing, Only after unplugging/plugging power cord, will tv turn on again for a few seconds.
any ideas?

Unregistered guest
1997 Proscan PS32109 (chassis # CTC197CH)

Screen is drawn outward )( yet fills tube so edges aren't seen. Any suggestions as to what to look for is greatly appreciated.

Unregistered guest
I have a 96 36" pro scan. It has worked great for years but words and letters are gradually becoming more out of focus is there any adjustments. there is nothing on the back.

vessman
Unregistered guest
Sounds like there might be a magnetic field problem. Try pulling out into the open and try it. Could be some nearby speakers with magnets causing it.

Unregistered guest
I too have the clicking of the power button with no responce from video or audio. It 's a 36" Proscan Please, PLEASE,HELP ME or I'll have to communicate with my wife.

Unregistered guest
There must be something wrong with the ProScan's. I purchased my 32' in 2000 from Best Buy & I've loved it but now I wonder if it had been my main TC would it have lasted this long. Last week I ordered a RCA 52' widescreen & intended to move the Proscan to my bedroom. Today I was watching a movie on TiVO and the sound went out. I think this happened the other day when I turned it on wihtout sound but decided to go upstairs instead. Now today it came on but after a few hours, the sound died. It's not my stereo unit because the radio still plays. We need to rebel as this seems to be a common problem. Anyone get it fixed or diagnosed with any good results? I don't want to buy two tv's now... thanks

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1234
If you bought an RCA, you just bought another one.

Unregistered guest
unable to hook up my dvd player to my proscan tv. same problem as dennis mathias on this page.

please help.

Unregistered guest
I've had my Proscan since June of 2000, have loved it up until now, but my sound went out last night and won't come back. I saw there was a class action lawsuit, but the deadline was back in 2001. Any ideas on what's wrong or how much is is to get repaired? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Unregistered guest
I as well have a proscan that the Sound just disappeared. I would love to know if this is an easy fix, or am i in need of purchacing a new TV.

Thanks, Mike

Unregistered guest
I have a 36 " Proscan TV. It is about 8 years old and has worked great until today. When I try to power it on it attempts to turn on 3 times then stops. There is no picture or sound.
Anybody have any clues as to what is causing this?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Unregistered guest
I have a PS52682 and it does not turn on. When I press the ON button it just clicks on then off immediately. Any suggestions?
Thanks,

MDS

Anonymous

I have a PS61700 Proscan. I have not had any problems until about 2 weeks ago. Tv would be on and the menu screen would keep popping up. We would hit clear and it would not work. Unplugged it and it would not come back on. Then one night at about 3:00 am it came on all by itself. Menu screen continued to pop up, and volume bar would pop up and take the volume all the way up without us touching the tv or remote. Took it in for service and they told me that it was working fine. They kept it for a couple more days and then they said that it was the flyback transformer. So we replaced it and paid $333.00, took it home and it still would not come on. Well we took it back and the tv works fine at the shop, when we got it home again, it will not turn on. Does anyone have any suggestions? Help me please. I don't want to have to buy a new one.

Username: Wendyb

I have a PS61700 Proscan. I have not had any problems until about 2 weeks ago. Tv would be on and the menu screen would keep popping up. We would hit clear and it would not work. Unplugged it and it would not come back on. Then one night at about 3:00 am it came on all by itself. Menu screen continued to pop up, and volume bar would pop up and take the volume all the way up without us touching the tv or remote. Took it in for service and they told me that it was working fine. They kept it for a couple more days and then they said that it was the flyback transformer. So we replaced it and paid $333.00, took it home and it still would not come on. Well we took it back and the tv works fine at the shop, when we got it home again, it will not turn on. Does anyone have any suggestions? Help me please. I don't want to have to buy a new one.

Unregistered guest
It is nice to hear that I am not alone with my problem. If it is true that misery loves company then I should be very content except that my TV is sitting in the middle of my floor and makes the same 3-4 clicks when I try to turn it on and then does nothing. It is a PS32125 manufactured in 1997. Is this an easy fix or do we minimize our losses and call the trash man? Any help you can give us would be greatly appreciated.

Unregistered guest
I have a 35" PS35182, which has worked fine for the last 10 years. We went away for a few months and now the picture has no colour. You can see a colour signal when it turns on and off, but not with the dvd or satelite.

Is there a common problem with planned obslescence with Proscan?

Unregistered guest
Same problem as everyone else has. PS61700 Proscan will no longer power up, it just does a clicking sound.
How does one fix that? And how much are we talking about...
I just got the TV for free 2 days ago

Username: Tvchicky

My 1999 Proscan made a loud popping sound last night, and then it died. It is dead, and I can't get it to come back on. I unplugged it, and then I plugged it back in, but it just makes a continuous beeping sound. Please help!!!!

Username: Tvchicky

Post Number: 2
I forgot to say that it is a 50 inch Proscan, bought in 1999.

CynthiaP
Unregistered guest
I had a problem with no power on my 60" Proscan purchased in 1997. A TV Technician came out, removed the chassis, took it in. It was the POWER SUPPLY. They replaced it for about $600 a couple to three years go and it's been working fine since. It seems like a reputable TV technician should be able to solve your problem(s).

Unregistered guest
I have a 97' model proscan the picture in the middle is drawn inward and the corners are flared outward we were told it was the resolution . Can this be fixed ? if so, how?

We received this TV as a gift and now I'm seeing why we got it if this cannot be fixed.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Unregistered guest
same problem as everyone my proscan wont power up HELP!!!!!
For a while it would make poping sound & no valume I would hit the valume button ant it would work again now no sound or power

candace127
Unregistered guest
My proscan won't switch out of second language so we either get sight impaired or spanish any ideas??

Username: Kdesai101

Charlotte, NC USA

I have proscan 36 inch 1998 model and same three clicks and will not power on - it is not fuse as electrician friend of mine opened and checked.
If someoone knows solution let me know. I do not want to spend $300-$400 fixing it.

RandyM
Unregistered guest
Kamal, those 3 clicks are the XRP safety shutdown circuit. There is a heavy short either in the picture tube or the power supply circuitry. If it's the picture tube, you will not be able to repair it for $400.

Bronze Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 40
"I have a 97' model proscan the picture in the middle is drawn inward and the corners are flared outward we were told it was the resolution . Can this be fixed ? if so, how?

We received this TV as a gift and now I'm seeing why we got it if this cannot be fixed."

This is due to a problem in the pincushion circuit.

The problem can be anything, but likely to be a bad electrolytic cap in the circuit or even just a cracked solder joint. But, in every way, service requiring know-how with the right tools, including a soldering iron, will be needed to fix the set. - Reinhart

Username: Renatocamargo

Campinas, Sao Paulo Brasil

Excuse the little English knowledge. I have a TV Proscan PS 35182 that it has video possession. The image is very weak and badly she gives to see. If had an esquematic circuit outline would be easy. I would like to know in which apprenticeship is the defect. If I could help I will be very grateful. .

RandyM
Unregistered guest
Renato, it may be hard to find schematics outside the USA, but if you can find an RCA television repairman, they should be able to help.

Unregistered guest
I need to know how to connect this dvd unit. I have no instructions. I moved this unit to the bedroom and tried to hook up the same way, but apparrently I have missed something. PS8680Z unit.

Unregistered guest
Same problem as everyone else has. PS61700 Proscan will no longer power up, it just does a clicking sound.
How does one fix that? And how much are we talking about...

RandyM
Unregistered guest
It can caused by so many different fault conditions that an authorized technician needs to look at it.

Dear Randy.

I believe that the problem with my tv proscan is in the factory programming. However I don't know the access code to the setup. Will it be that you could help myself to get him/it? I am very thankful for his/her attention.

RandyM
Unregistered guest
I'm sorry, but I do not know the access code for this chassis, but I'm sure an RCA repairman would. Maybe there is one reading this message board that could help.

Unregistered guest
I HAVE A PROSCAN PS32700 WHICH HAS WORKED OKAY EXCEPT FOR THE LAST FEW MONTHS WHEN THE PICTURE WOULDN'T COME ON, BUT WE HAD SOUND. AND THEN WHEN EVER IT FELT LIKE IT, THE PICTURE WOULD COME ON. NOW IT WON'T TURN ON AL ALL. NO SOUND OR PICTURE. ALL WE GET IS A HIGH PICTCH BEEPING GOING ON. WE TRIED A HARD RESET, BUT TO NO AVAIL. ANY HELP ON WHAT IT MIGHT BE AND THE COST TO REPAIR. WE BOUGHT IT NEW IN JAN 1999.

Unregistered guest
ProScan Model PS56670: I need to now how to re-align the color guns. They have lost their focus, I did it once before but can't remember how it's done, any help?

Nigel J
Unregistered guest
I have a 1993 46" RCA that has developed a click every 2 or 3 seconds from the front, right side. It sounds like an electrical spark and if so, that obviously has me concerned. It seems to be working fine at the moment, and no sparks can be seen when the dust cover is removed from around the color guns, and is the same volume when the volume is down, so not the speaker. Thanks for any help

Unregistered guest
I have a 1995 27" ProScan. When I try to turn it on, it does not do anything; i.e. no picture or sound. It feels like there is something wrong with the Power Switch. I unplugged the TV for a long time but still will not turn on. Does anyone have any idea as to what the problem is and how to fix?

Username: Mikebogdan

Baltimore, MD USA

proscan tv audio trouble

I have read all of the notes about the audio going out on ProScan TVs. Same has happened here. All of the other components working fine; still a great picture. But audio from TV went out last night. Did anyone discover the cause, did you have it repaired? Did you scrap the TV and get a new one?

Post Number: 3
To all that want know the access code to the setup of their TV:
Only see that beauty!

http://www.eletroinfo.net/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=114
http://www.eletroinfo.net/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=377

Username: Gclv

We have a 27 inch ProScan, made by Thompson, 1997
Model ps271125

For a while now, the volumne goes up and down on its own, somtimes no volumne. If you turn the TV off and then on it fixes itself.

Also, at least 2x a night it powers off, on its own, and if you unplug, wait a few minutes and replug, it is fine.

Last thing it is doing is loosing video totally, but palying sound. Again , turn it off, let it set and it is fine.

Guess my question is that I have read a lot about issues with these TV's, and is it even worth getting a price to determine repair, or just use it as an extra in a bedroom where there is not much usage and buy a new TV for the family?

Unregistered guest
My Proscan has sound but only a thin line going down the middle of the screen.....no picture.
Is it fixable?

Unregistered guest
i have the exact same problem with my 36" proscan. attempted to turn on after 3 tries and the stops altogether: no video nor sound. sounds like a case of planned obsolescence w/ RCA/proscan.

Unregistered guest
I got a new remote control - specificially for proscan - but it won't work. Is there something I have to do to get it to "read" the tv?

Username: Actpac

I have a 52 inch rear progection Proscan. A few days ago the sound stopped and now just hisssing. I utilized a can of air and sprayed around inside and it strted to work for a few hours. Did it again and worked a few hours. Now not working. Also the Guide plus stopped at the same time.

Any solutions.

Anonymous

My 52 inch proscan rear projecter now has sound on a few chanels but it is radio coming onto the tv channel. Still hissing on 90% of channels. any fixes. There is supposidly a means of accessing the computer but cant read spanish as listed above.

Unregistered guest
Hi all! Well, I too had the sound go out on my Proscan, and, yes, I bought it in '99. HOWEVER, my sound CAME BACK!! I just flipped the switch in the back that goes between internal and external speakers from internal to external and back to internal. Then, I unplugged the TV for about a minute. When I turned it back on, the sound works. It has gone out twice more, and both times, this seems to fix it. Good luck all!!

Anonymous

If i unplug the TV for 20 minutes the sound comes back but only for a few hopurs. Is there a permanent fix?

I still cannot get guide plus to work.

Anonymous

I have a 36 in. proscan and I had hissing on 90% of the channels and that radio thing too. with the tv on unplug it for a good 60 seconds this resets the microprocessor.

Unregistered guest
Feb 2, 2006 Have a Proscan 27 inch TV... Last two wweks TV would pop off on its own. Picture ok; Sound ok.... Is this a sign of something about to happen ? How do you reach someone at RCA /Proscan for assistance ? Just asking b4 the defeaning sound of silence takes over.

Unregistered guest
Feb 2, 2006 I own a Proscan 27 inch TV. Last two weeks TV has been making a popping sound and then shuts off on its own ..When restarted a screen popup indicates that a power failure has occurred... Would like to know how to contact a tech at RCA / Proscan to address this issue..Help before the "Sound of Silence" takes hold.

Username: Hauser

I have a 1995 50" Proscan Model # PS50700. Worked fine until recently. Will be playing fine and all of a sudden picture goes out and screen is gray. Sound also changes to a loud static sound. When I jiggle the cord from the dish box to the TV connection, the picture and sound usually comes back on but usually goes back to same problem within a few minutes. Have changed the cord but still happens. Suggestions?

Unregistered guest
wow, i would say that these tvs are junk, but i would be willing to bet that all tvs have problems. like many things used in such a constant manner!!! well i am working on a 36 in proscan and have the power up clicking problem.. i havnt even got the back off yet but it sounds obviously like a power supply problem.. plus i smell it. if your tv has recently gone out sniff it, if it isnt the picture tube, but a short (actually an arc) you will smell it for weeks. if absolutely no smell, picture tube!!!! buy a new tv....
good luck all... tom. i start work on it.
P.S. if you decide to work on tv yourself...NOT SUGGESTED, unless you know what your doing ....
LEAVE UNPLUGGED for at least 10 days (high voltage (25,000 volts)) b4 you even take back off to check the fuse.....

Unregistered guest
I have a 5-6 year old Proscan 36 inch tv. The tv just died no picture or sound. The tv will not turn on. There is a ticking sound, when I unplug it, it takes about 20 seconds to tick down to silence...help? I have companyy coming over to watch the HBO Fights tonight!!!

Unregistered guest
I have a 5-6 year old Proscan 36 inch tv. The tv just died no picture or sound. The tv will not turn on. There is a ticking sound, when I unplug it, it takes about 20 seconds to tick down to silence...help? I have companyy coming over to watch the HBO Fights tonight!!!

Unregistered guest
i just brought a new 52inch rca last friday. It was working good then i moved it across the room to the other side. i was watching the tv still then i unplugged it so i wont run over the cord but when i plugged it back in. it wont turn on!! Please anyone help me. I would take it back but it was the last one they had.

Unregistered guest
I have a Proscan, model #PS32130 And Chassis # CTC179CJ and can not get my DVD player to work through the TV. When I try hooking up my PlayStation 2 I can hear it but not see any images. Can someone help?

Username: Ac211

i have a proscan 32 in tv NO PICTURE all of the sudden the menu screen and things of that sort work but sound works fine ANY HELP PLEASE???????????

Username: Ac211

the proscan 32 in tv shows no picture but does show menu and sound is fine all of the wires are connected correctly and i really need to know what happened and how to fix it soon it had been working perfictly for the last 10 yrs that i had it PLEASE SOMEONE RESPOND I DESPRATELY NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THANK YOU

Username: Lsukel

My 5 year old proscan did the same thing today. The audio is fine, there is no video(dvd, tivo, or cable box alone), but the menu shows up.

Username: David_long

Miami, Fla U.S.

I have a ten year old Proscan that turn itself off and on at least once every hour sometimes more. It is connected to cable.

Username: Alsrepairs

LILBURN, GA USA

Same problem as everyone else has. My 36 in ProScan will not longer power up, it just does a clicking sound.
My sound went out about a year ago, so I now run all my sound through our stereo.
NO more Proscans for me.

Username: Txwayno

Same problem as many others. My 12 year old 35" Proscan would not power up. Just kept popping and clicking on/off. Took it to a repair shop only to have them tell me it would be $350.00 to fix it. I told them to forget it, I would just buy something new (been wanting a Plasma anyway :-) ). They called me back and said they could fix it for $150.00 with no warranty, so I took that option. It's been a year now and went out about two weeks ago. So I went and bought the 50" Plasma I wanted. Just for grins, I pulled the cover off the Proscan to see if I could spot any "New" parts that maybe I could replace again. I was thinking I might get lucky and would be able to fix it and sell it. Well, the dust was heavy and all the parts looked the same but one part stood out to me for some reason. Looks like some kind of "striker" or capacitor of some kind. I tried to unplug it only to find it will not come out like that. So I decided to plug it in and listen for the popping noise. This time there was no popping noise, because IT CAME ON! The darn thing works fine now. Any idea what it was?????

Username: Txwayno

Is this striker/capacitor/starter thing like that in a flourecent light maybe?? Sometimes you can just bump them and the light will come to life too.

Username: Bradyrennie

CA

Well, thats a deep subject. I too have a 1994 Proscan PS35653 in an oak cabinet that will not power on now. Has anyone received any schmatics for free from someone? I think that it could be the power supply or one of the control boards. I would like a schmatic before I start trouble shooting the TV. Any suggestions? Has anyone bought from http://www.eserviceinfo.com/?

Wayne Maxwell - what model is our 35"? And where is this "striker" located? I have no popping when I try to turn on the set. ANy help would be great.
Brady

CA

Correction, not eserviceinfo.com but Sams Technical Publishing at http://www.samswebsite.com/

Silver Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 111
Just friend remind, watch out it will get shock, although your tv is unpluged, I learn it for a hard time.

Username: Anilwanted

I recently bought a used 27"PROSCAN PS 27108 (1997).
It got it without remote.
When i watch comcast cable the picture is good and sound is also very good.
But i cannot control the TV volume with the Comcast Remote(which i used to do with my old Philips TV)

Also after i cannot my DVD player to it,
i do not see any video or listen to the audio
of the DVD.(It has Video IN and Audio IN/OUT also S-Video IN/OUT. )
I tried all the channels i.e 1 to 125.

In the Menu /Settings i set the VCR to channel 2 and then tried watching the DVD in channel 2
but it was not possible. But from Menu/Settings if i set the Cable to channel 3 , i was able to watch/listen my cable there.

I bought two different universal remotes from BestBuy they did not work.

someone suggest me something.
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thanks in Advance,
Anil

CA

Anil-
Try to find a web site that sells original remotes for your proscan, like http://www.proscanremotes.com/
Also, I think that the inputs on the TV are on channel 90 for the S-video input, 91 for input 1 and so on for the other inputs.
Hope this will help.
Brady

Username: Anilwanted

Brady,

Thanks for ur inputs.

But the S-Video Input and Input Video 1 still do not work. i tried 90 to 110 channels(actually more than that also).

Kindly let me know what to do.

Thanks in Advance,
Anil

Username: Piper

i have a 36" rca pro scan. all of a sudden when i plug it in to the wall outlet, it just starts giving a beep sound from inside and the tv won't turn on. any ideas please?

Username: Beauknowes

I have a 50" Proscan model # PS50670 that I bought in 1997. I lost sound in 2002, it would come back then cut out again so I bought a home theater system for the sound. Now tonight, the picture went and all I get is that electrical "click, click, click", almost like a starter for a fluorescent light, you know? I see from the posts, this is not an uncommon problem. My guess is that I will have to pay to fix it or buy a new one.

Can anyone give me a definitive answer on what part it is that will need to be replaced and a ballpark cost estimate? And is RCA also Proscan?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Username: Grode

Chandler, AZ USA

I have a 61" Proscan model #PS61700 that I bought in 2000. Our TV just died and it looks like I have the same problem as everyone else. The dreaded click, click, click sound. The TV will not power on at all. Any suggestions at to how to get it fixed or what is wrong with it? Sounds like the TV was scheduled to die after 6 years of service.

Up until now, everything has worked pretty good (even the sound).

What do you guys think? Any help would be great. Thank you!

Username: Bigbadshelstad

I have a proscan 80 series that all of a sudden went out one time I went to change the channel. The screen went dark and no picture is appearing at all. The only sign of life it has is a blinking light next to the power button when I turn it on.
Serenity Now!!!

Username: Rdonelli

I have a ProScan Model 34190 The color has been fading for the past 4-5 months. Now, if there is any color at all, it's only greens and reds. Color setup does not help. Any ideas.. Thanks in advance...

Username: Rvw

My proscan tv is powering off & on whenever input is plugged in, both cable tv & dvd player. Both inputs doing same thing. Any ideas on how to fix this?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us