Need help!!! Satellite Selected box says new.

Username: Newtofta

Post Number: 3
I have a fortec star lifetime classic ultra and the selected satellite, under the installation menu says new. There are a few others but not the ones i need. Is there any way to get the off of there? When i go to Antenna Setup and try to choose the ones i need it wont let me. Thanx in advance for any help i can get.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1275
Basically,your screwed it is a absolete box now,your fine friend took advantage of you and your ignorange.You should go and punch his face in.

Post Number: 4
Are you serious. There isnt anything i can do?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8040
U can go read at any other DSS satellite site, the many setup manuals available..

Post Number: 5
I can do a blind scan and get about 70 channels from the birds i need.....but thats all i get. I guess i will search around and see if there is anything i can do.

Post Number: 6
i dont know if it makes any difference but it is a lifetime ultra........not a lifetime classic ultra

Gold Member

Post Number: 1281
There is "some help" for u here,be specific as what your set up is ,and what you want to achieve.

Post Number: 8
All i want to do is get echos*** birds and watch TV. What do you need to know. i had a ultra na that worked fine but the guy that lent it to me wants it back so thats why i got this one. when i first got it i was able to select the birds i wanted and it scanned fine, but my wife was mad cause some of the channels that she likes to watch wasnt there so i deleted all the channels and was gonna rescan and thats when all the "NEW" ones were in the selected satellite box.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1282
Ok,it's a long trip,but makin it short,u have already your ant installed and aimed,you are replacing your receiver,so make sure u have the latested bin on it and proper ant,settings and and scan.you can find your lastest bin at dss.com,and all the info you will need on flashing the bin.u will have to register,thats normal, and feel fee to ask any questions here also.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
i already know that i have the 290T autoroll.....abd the dish is pointed......did a blind scan but only picked up 69 channels.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1283
recheck your ant settings,lnb type standard,freq:11250,diseq setings as your setup.

all depending on what sat ur after and your lnb type.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1284
need to be specific here,no bs here!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
119 and 110.....already checked all that

Gold Member

Post Number: 1285
u can talk free here,read all posts, to confirm if u feel threatened,it's ok here.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1286
and what is switch type?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
ok.......i did a blind scan and got 69 channels...it wont let me do a manual scan......in the box on the right hand side of the screen that is in the installation screen a bunch of sats say new.....there are a few that arent but the echos for 119 and 110 are not there and when i go into the antenna set up to select the birds to scan it wont let me select them or modify them at all. Any other info you need?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
The switch is a 2 x 1 if thats what you mean

Gold Member

Post Number: 1287
Do a factory default
select sat,echo 7/and 8/10
enter lnb type standand
freq:11250
diseq setting...depending on your set up
blind scan

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
if i do the factory default it wont take the BIN out? Remember...im new.....i have the cable but dont know haw to load anything yet.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1288
I just read another thread,you posted there,and now are stupid here, or you lied there.I am done with you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
how did i lie to you. i didnt lie about anything

Gold Member

Post Number: 8044
he's playing games with other nick too..Richard Cheese..and triple posted and been helped everywhere..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1289
I am done with you. You know very well what I'm talking about.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1290
Yup,It's all comming together ,thanks lk.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8045
I'm done with him too...let nalin pop a nut playing with this guy...it'll stroke her inflated ego some more...and give this guy a good laugh which is all he really wants anyway!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
no....i posted as Richard and didnt get anythingback for a while si i changed my name to New To FTA cause i figured i would get more help then. And i posted more that one thread cause i didnt know i couldnt do that.....figured it would help my chances. Didnt mean to offend anyone.......just trying to get my tv to work before morning so my kids dont yell at me for having no cartoons. Sorry for any problem i caused.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1291
I hear ya on that ! Again ty LK .

Silver Member
Username: Eatfish111

Post Number: 181
so this guy isnt looking for help?
just playing around I started to help in other thread and now read this cmon man if you need help use one thread stick with it someone will help sooner or later.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
like i said.....i appoligize for any problems.....just trying to increase my chances.....dont want to disappoint my kids.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1293
Yup eat fish...ur learning more than fta here!

AND "SHAKE IN BAKE" to you lk !

Gold Member

Post Number: 1294
Let the pro's handle the Fakes. The rest just watch !

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
i am not a fake......i really do need help. If you dont believe me then there is nothing i can do about that. Sorry for the trouble i caused. Thanx anyway

Gold Member

Post Number: 1295
yw .

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 709

Hey, SS
Bird Dog, what do you think ,this guy is after?
I tried to help him on his Post Number (1)
I didn't know about the rest of his post.
Hell, less then (24) hours he has posted (52)times.

Silver Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 233
OK i had the same problem with my fortecs ... I found that when I was using "channel master" or something similer .. IF YOU USED SOMEONE eles channel list ... they may have deleted all but the sats and channels they watch. .... I would recomend that you reset to fatory seting .. get rid of all the sats and channels that way... reload the fortecs factory bin... then load the newest bin... rescan for sats and channels and se what you get . hope this helps

Silver Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 234
oh try looking at DSSCOMUNNITY for the right bins you need .. if they are not there i can find them for you and upload them there for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us