2500 to 2700 convertion question ????

Silver Member
Username: Lroy

Post Number: 194
After converting the 2500 to 2700 and you need to upgrade the box with a new bin how would one goes about doing that.
Will you have to jtag the new bin or use the serial cable. Any ideas.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7957
Read the other thread here about the conversion..Fortec, pantec owners etc...

yes.. Jtag the newe bin
no..cannot use the serial cable

Silver Member
Username: Eatfish111

Post Number: 168
I will add that this is for the serious tester. If you are in it for the free tv then be prepared to upgrade your stb.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7958
he's already done this sucessfully ...basiclly double posted in 2 threads..

Silver Member
Username: Eatfish111

Post Number: 171
OK I will go to the other thread.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7960
lroy tipit
Silver Member
Username: Lroy

Post Number: 193
Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 07:54 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I tested this convertion on a V0rtex 7700 pro and it worked like magic. The box has been running good for the past two days now. Channel change speed increased, better time setting options, and I can say it is a 2700 with all the features.
I used Skymax to do the Jtag and it worked fine....

Gold Member

Post Number: 7961
its odd that he posted the original post asking about this after already reading the link and psoting in the 2nd thread that he was sucessfull...the link in the 2nd thread where he posted this 2nd reply, answers all questions about this conversion...he's not making much sense..

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1998
lroy tipit: Yours is a valid question. From what I read in the CCC thread, one poster or the author had said that once the initial conversion is succesful with a Jtag, the subsequent ones can be via serial cable. I am not sure whether the poster was using the H version or the current I version, which you probably used.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7965
per the creator U cannot use the serial..and that is addressed many times at many sites as well..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2000
For the information of those who do not know the creator of this BIN: It is jvvh5897 posting at Curious-Contraptions. The following is his post verbatim, in which he states very clearly "Jtag the first time but after that the serial loader for 2700's should work. Might be able to use serial loader to change boots, then serial loader to load bin--but I don't have any way to test that. "
This is the full C/P. I suggest that those who do not read in detail or do not understand clearly the question, should keep quiet and LEARN.

5 Days Ago #60
jvvh5897

Re: 2500 to 2700

Here is the i version as a 2M file (so no lh5 compression in the code and the mods to use different scratch area removed). Hope some boxes with 2M will run with it. Since no packed code, the boot-up will be normal.

Since the LNB controls are modified Pansat2700 boxes and clones will not work right--only for 2500 compatable hardware!

Jtag the first time but after that the serial loader for 2700's should work. Might be able to use serial loader to change boots, then serial loader to load bin--but I don't have any way to test that. I could suggest how to use hexeditor to extract those parts if someone wants to try.

BTW, I have tried the file in a DTV DRD430RG box--no tuner mods, so no sat signal (just like I used to get testing 2500 bins in the box). I think one of the clone safe mods makes it run on the DRD too.

As reminder, I started with the 290 Vortex bin for 2700s.

[link removed]

Gold Member

Post Number: 7970
I agree with U,,,U should!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2001
I am glad you are learning. The question from lroy tipit was "After converting the 2500 to 2700...."
The author of the BIN had given the answer to it 5 days ago "after that the serial loader for 2700's should work". Without understanding the question, LK had to say "per the creator U cannot use the serial", when it is obvious that he had not read question fully, and had uncessarily critised lroy tipit.
lroy tipit is NOT talking about a new conversion. He has already done it. He now wants to know what to do if he has to upgrade to a later 2700 clone BIN. Those who understand the nature of the question, should continue answering in a realistic manner.
By the way, McSunny has tried this and he has another thread here with the "I" version of this BIN. He might have the answer too regarding newr 2700BINs. I looked at the tryfta.com thread he has posted and there is no further discussion on this matter.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7973
Sure was peaceful here the past couple days, until nalin started posting again!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2002
Sure it was peaceful till LK started poking his nose without understanding the question.

Username: Ppl

Post Number: 1
i have a question.....onli ma indain channels r working how do i make ma english work???..i put the updated keys too it still wont work ECHO 7 AND 3 are bot shown up as indian channels i got no english channels!!!

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 708

Hey LK
I have been keeping score.
Nalin is ahead of you, on getting in last word.

Silver Member
Username: Big_fat_j

POTTSVILLE, STONEYTOWN GREEN-LAND

Post Number: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeschizo
Certainly, no one in the Pansat camp is happy that the 2500>2700 mod has been accomplished, and that the 2500A performs better than ever upon doing so...
Joe, I'm sure your friends appreciate you helping them destroy their boxes. It does work well -- for a few days! Then the reports are that the box dies and can't even be recovered by jtag!
Quote:
...There has always been a tight affiliation between future-fta and al7bar...It should be no surprise that discussion isn't allowed here, however there is plenty of info to be found elsewhere...
Yes, there is an affiliation with Future-FTA.info and discussion IS allowed here. There is plenty of it. There are around 5000 new posts weekly. The discussion is focused on the purpose of the site and the support of the members. It isn't a forum to bash or help people destroy their receivers.
Quote:
...If you have the ability to jtag, go for it, as it breathes new life into the 2500 as you have never seen before. Otherwise, go ahead and plan on upgrading if you haven't already. Just do your homework first.
Yes, DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Don't fall prey to these vultures. Read about what happens - not just immediately but short-term. It doesn't even begin to get into long-term. It is a matter of DAYS.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us