It's been a couple of weeks, how is the 290T bin file working?

Silver Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 272
Just asking those who have loaded this file. A little while ago, complaints were that it didn't autoroll, continuously froze, etc.
How is the 290T now? Is it autorolling at all? Or is it a complete dud?
With the more frequent key changes occuring lately, it makes it tougher to record late night programming on the Tennis Channel.
I'm still sitting on the 289T for the Pansat 2500 clone. I can't complain too much, it's providing everything that it's advertised to provide but a bin file that can't autoroll becomes a bit of a problem for those who aren't around or at home to change keys every few hours.
Just wondering if the 290T at least has an improved autorolling capability over the 289T?

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 288
put in bin290t same day it came out it is working good on my lava3200 clone of pansat2500 it is in my bedroom and watch it at night and did not put keys in with the 290t for bev

Silver Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 578
Bin 290T for Dishnetwork is good for american & local channels. International channels will not work with bin 290T, which means you have to switch back to bin 289T.

Bronze Member
Username: Rohitkamahi

Post Number: 37
I would recommend to switch to 286T which to me seems to be much more stable than the following versions especially 289T. It might not have the autoroll feature but the picture at least does not freeze and you don't have to restart the receiver every once in a while. In fact, to be honest with you 289T is the worst bin I have ever used in my FTA journey so far. I have heard previously people complaining about the bins with all kinds of bugs.However, this is the first time I have experienced it myself. So,it's upto you guys to decide whether you wanna have a stable bin or an unstable bin with autoroll feature. It's really your call.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1922
For special peculiarities of the 290T with some international channels, go to

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/326678.html

Silver Member
Username: Vndpatel

Post Number: 130
290t is autorolling

Bronze Member
Username: Lacey_jane

Ont Canada

Post Number: 39
I put in 290T (Pantec) does not autoroll here, and on top of that I lost alot of channels I can't seem to get back...

Bronze Member
Username: Senators

Post Number: 84
go back to 289T

Bronze Member
Username: South2

Post Number: 21
Hi guys,

I don't remember, but is 286t better than 289t as mentioned by funkymo? Since we have to enter keys manually to get all the channels, why not revert to 286t if it is better. Your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 276
286T is fine if you don't care about missing channels on 61.5. 289T gives all channels on 61.5. Both bins require manual entry of keys.

Bronze Member

Ont Canada

Post Number: 40
put 286t back in, got channels back, and no freezing anymore....still putting in keys, but I was doing that with 290t anyway.

Bronze Member
Username: South2

Post Number: 23
But do you get international channels with 286t (I have sat148w and I want to know if I'll get indian channels with 286t)? Thanks

Bronze Member

Ont Canada

Post Number: 44
I don't know about indian channels, sorry never watched them.

Bronze Member
Username: Yashmatharu

Brampton, Ont Canada

Post Number: 43
LK can you please advise 286T vs 289T?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us