Splitting Satelite Signal !!!

Bronze Member
Username: Gigolo72

Post Number: 75
Just want to know if it is ok to split the satelitte signal coming from the dish, before inputting in receiver ?? I am installing another tv in the basement, will i need a switch ?? or what should I do ??
thanks,

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 671

Hey Fred
OK to split the signal.
!)You can come from existing receiver
and go to the one in the basement,
behind your existing you will see a fitting
that reads Sat. or IF output you will connect
your coaxial cable there for the the one in the
basement.
2)Or you can run coaxial from your LNB to the
basement.
3)Or check this out.www.sadoun.com/sat/order/switches/bzt2wayone.jpg

BTW make sure that use RG 6 coaxial cable.

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Tennessee

Post Number: 533
I didnt think you can SPLIT a cable comming from 1 LNB to two recievers. Only one will work at a time.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7895
U can split the signal AFTER the receiver with a simple "splitter" to 2-3-4 televisions, but both/all TV's will receive the same channels all the time, since there is ONLY 1 receiver..when U change the channel on the receiver, all TV's will change too..

U cannot SPLIT the signal (1 satellite signal on 1 cable) before the receiver in order to add a 2nd receiver...thats why they make DUAL LNB's, which carry 1 sat signal and have 2 outlets for 2 receivers..and they have TWIN LNB's that carry 2 sat signals and also have 2 outputs for 2 receivers..and make QUAD LNB's for 2 sat signals and 4 outputs for 4 receivers..

Bronze Member
Username: Steph_raven

Les Cedres, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 60
i saw at future shop and at walmart a multiplexer, where you plug both lnb in and the plexer gives you 4 outs. it's approx $40.00 CAN. also, when i spoke to an agent at bev. he confirmed that i had to purchase a multiplexer if i wanted more receivers from them...that was before i knew about fta.

Silver Member

Post Number: 675

Hey Stephane
I will try to help you.
What is your question?

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 602
You can split LNB signal
Coming out of the LNB is not a high as the radio beam itself
The problem is finding enough gain and polarity switching before passing to coaxial cable
Many newer STBs like Viewsat can accommodate switches like SW24 and SW34
Just look in Antenna setup if it has either one
If it has it then you can do it.

Bronze Member
Username: Steph_raven

Les Cedres, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 61
Kavin, I was merely giving my 2 cents worth on how to split the sat signal. i thought that that was the question??

Silver Member

Post Number: 679

Hey Stephane
Sorry about that, now I see said the blind man.
I am not taking sides, but I do think that Lk gave the right answer. I am also glad to see you
trying to help.

Gold Member
Username: Leew

XXXX!!WWWW, Yokosuka, ... Holla Back Y...

Post Number: 1357

Gold Member
Username: Leew

XXXX!!WWWW, Yokosuka, ... Holla Back Y...

Post Number: 1358
I mentioned...,sorry guys, but LK is the best one here!

Silver Member

Post Number: 603
LK is my guy too
But Trust me on this
You can split one Sat using SW-24 and SW-34
If your receiver support its protocol

The problem that you might come across if you con-join 2 Sats
Check "King's Corner"
Posts 169, 171
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/322149.html

A lot of the newer receivers got the right polarity switching

Username: Dirtystinkindemocrat

Post Number: 5
LK is my guy also

Silver Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 902
I am currently splitting my signal before it reaches the receiver. I have 110, 119, 121, and 91 (BEV) all connected to diseq and then split before receiver.

One going 2 my pansat 2700, the other going 2 my FTA DVB card.

I can watch the same channel on both monitors, AND if the channels are on the same transponder, i can watch two different channels simultaneously.

I will lose signal, or will not be able 2 find signal, if i have both on and i try 2 scan or 2 change channels outside the transponder list.

Short answer is -YES, I am doing it, and have done this for a long time, but with limitations.

I watch my shows while i work, then go to other room (bedroom/livingroom), and turn that one on for the night - same line. TESTED

Bronze Member
Username: Gilthethrill008

Broussard, La Usa

Post Number: 12
The key to your response, ryerson, is "but with limitations". LK is right, it cannot be done without limitations. If you split the line before the receiver, you will lose channels that share certain transponders, etc. You are wrong. you cannot do it that way if you want all tv's to have all capabilities and to have no "limitations". Later.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7900
hey, lets NOT "split" hairs...

Silver Member

Post Number: 609
That is the known as polarity switching for multiple sats
Newer receivers may have resolved these isues using SW-24/34
Not same as legacy switches or low frequency splitters

Silver Member

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 908
Douglas, I don't think u should write that I am wrong.

I am not "wrong" - because i am only telling u what i am easily able 2 do. This is not a question of theories.

I am simply pointing out that i am splitting the signal.

The limitations are that channel surfing outside of the transponder channel list will affect the other monitor.

But sometimes that is not an issue for a person. Persons, like myself, who would like 2 watch tv in a living room, and later move 2 another room, may find it useful 2 know that it can be done.... provided they're not hoping 2 split the signal 2 various rooms and expecting full functionality.

We have had experiences during parties, where the girls watched a movie in one room, while the guys watched sports in another. Some parents may want 2
allow their adult kid their own signal. Especially if people work on different shifts. There are absolutely no limitations, if the other monitor/receiver is not on.

Transponders that share more than one PPV channels, make it possible for at least two viewers 2 watch different movies while both receivers are on at the same time.

Unless u wanna argue that i am experiencing an anomaly in regards 2 FTA, u cannot say it is not possible, nor that i am wrong - because i am doing it as i type this post.

I have had knowledgeable people who normally help me with my FTA testing arrive laughing because they didn't believe it, and leave anxious 2 go change their own setup.

Again, not wrong, so long as it is working for me.

Bronze Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 36
RYERSON ALWAYS THE BS. HOW CAN YOU SPLIT A SIGNAL BEFORE IT REACHES THE RECIEVER IF YOU CAN NOT SPLIT YOUR FUCKKKKKKING LEGS .

Silver Member

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 909
Oh lucky for me...

But apparently ur very good at that when there are boys behind u.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
CANADA IS GREAT COUNTRY AND I LOVE IT . BUT SOMETIMES CANADA CAN BE THE FIRST COUNTRY TO PRODUCE IDIOTSSSSSSSSSSSS LIKE YOU RYERSON DAMIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS . RYERSON IT'S TIME FOR YOUR VACATION TOO LIKE LK IS GOING FOR SKING . SO IT'S CHNACE TO MAKE UP

Silver Member
Username: Big_fat_j

POTTSVILLE, STONEYTOWN GREEN-LAND

Post Number: 350
Ryerson,it sounds like all that bev p0rn0 has definatly turned you into a g-ay bashing homophobe.Dude, quit with the g-ay references.
Not that theres anything right with that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
RYERSON WAS BORN FAGGGG BEFORE THE VENUS WAS IN MARKET. REYERSON BECAME THE THE LEADER OF VENUS4 LATELY . AND HE IS PROUDE OF IT .

Silver Member
Username: Ryersonarmy_1

RYERSON, @ WAR WA... Jorge ...

Post Number: 248
Herb, fuucck off once & for all idiot, and take ur moron brother Cartier with u.

Silver Member

Post Number: 357
Or what? You gonna send your army man after me every time?Quit g-ay bashing thats all.

At least you used big boy words this time.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
RyersonArmy1
PLEASE ASK YOUR SISTER NOT TO COME TO MY PLACE TODAY . YOUR MOM IS HERE ALREADY I CAN NOT SCREW BOTH IM LITTLE TIRED

Silver Member

Post Number: 251
Herb, u useless knob, u seem 2 know where the g*y p*rnos are....so don't start with me...ur the instigator again.

And, if ur going 2 be an idiot, u don't get 2 make the rules for how i, or anyone, may respond - that's why ur useless.

And secondly, it's not g*y bashing, it's CARTIER bashing, and who cares about u, or ur tool for a friend anyway?

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2121
Here is an easy one for you! All you need to do is use a Zinwell 3X4 switch as long as you're not using DishPro LNB's and you convert what would be a dual LNB into a Quad LNB and if you use two Zinwell's one on each LNB for Each Sat you are pointing at, then you use the DISEcQ switch afterwards and done deal. I just did this installation in PR while I was there over the weekend and I'm running 2 Pansats and 2 Viewsats at my house in the country without a problem.

Silver Member

Post Number: 253
HOW DARE I MAKE SUGGESTIONS OF G*YNESS!!!

The history of a hypocrite:

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Again, u don't get 2 tell others what the rules are when ur blatantly breaking them urself.

Silver Member

Post Number: 358
Two wrongs don't make a ryerson..
Again, like else where you've managed to take what (i) said out of text.

You are LK arn't you?

Silver Member

Post Number: 255
Nope, i'm not LK - but it would be nice 2 know that much about FTA already. Because I'm not sure i'd want 2 be here, if i knew all that he does - not sure it would be worth the headaches.

"Two wrongs": dude, a hypocrite is a hypocrite, nothing 2 do with wrong or right.... u can go pick a fight if u want, but who are u 2 tell me 2 stop doing something that u are guilty of doing?

disagree all u like, but u are morally no better than me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us