Can you use multiswich on FTA boxes?

Bronze Member
Username: Boki

Post Number: 14
im buying another STB and that would make it a total of 3 stb's. i was wondering if i can use a multiswitch and to take out all the disq switches. right now i have dish 500 with 4 outputs (2 for 119) and (2 for 110) 2 disq switches.

Silver Member
Username: Bones714

Somewhere fi...

Post Number: 279
use a DP 34 switch

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2126
Are you running two dual LNB's??? What type of LNB's are you running with your Dish500???

There is a couple of ways to do this, but if you have a dish500 all you need to do is get a DishPro Quad LNB and run three lines directly into your STB. This LNB has a built in switch and all you need to do is configure you antena as follows:
LNB Type: DishPro or OSC-DP
DISEcQ:
119 = 1
110 = 2

Gold Member

Post Number: 2127
You can only use that switch if you are running DishPro TWIN LNB's. But if all you are pointing at is 110 & 119 then just get a DishPro Quad and you don't need to mess with switches or anything else.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
one dish 500 DishPro Quad LNB

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
i only have two lines from my garage to my house

Gold Member

Post Number: 2133
Boki if you are using a DishPro Quad then you should NOT be using any DISEcQ switches. This LNB has a built in switch. You'll need to run a third line. Even if you hook up a DP34 you will still need to run a third line from the DP34 to the STB so why not just run it straight to the LNB. You have 4 outputs/outlets available in a DishPro Quad LNB...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
yea but aren't two outlets for 119 and two for 111. i need for 3 receivers

Gold Member

Post Number: 2136
NO! The LNB has a built in switch Each line carries both signals 110 & 119. With this LNB you just run the line straight into your receiver - ONE line, One Receiver. The Line is connected to an internal switch in the LNB and you set up up as I stated above.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2137
DishPro Quad means 4 lines - 4 receivers NO NEED for Switches, just run the lines to the receiver and configure antenas....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us