Help. Which satellite to use?

Username: Thehype2049

Post Number: 4
Im trying to get more channels. I have pansat 2500. Live in toronto canada, and i would like to know which satellite i should be using to get local + u.s.a channels. so far i am using 8.10KU and it works. I get a few indian channels but not many canadian/us channels

I have 2 dishes, 1 is pointed at 110 and the other im not sure about. If i remeber i think it was in the 60's. it hink 61.6

#1 what other satellites can i use besides 8.10ku
#2 what is the other angle for my 2nd dish? is there a (SIMPLE) way to check?

thank you for your time and help.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 584

Hey 2049
In answer to your two questions.
1) There is a list of satellites
and channels at http:/www.lyng sat.com.
2) Before anyone can give yout the angle
of your Dish they would need to know,
what satellite.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1812
The Hype 2049 :
Your dish that is pointing to 61.5w is giving you most of the viewing right now. Your other dish with Echo 8.1 is probably pointing right (if you have not changed angle) but its LNB is not properly connected to your receiver in the software.
You should look at Menu/Installation/antenna/Echo 3 and see if there is a number showing in DiseqC. Then go to Echo 8.1 and look at the DisEqC. If it is off, try changing it to any number other than the one you recorded earlier with Echo 3 till you see a signal.
Play arround in the software and scanning, and you may find that you have at least Echo 8.1 (over 300 channels) and Echo 3 (over 100 channels with many internationals). You may even discover another port where Echo 7 is attached.
A lot of Toronto FTA installers who install two dishes would also install a DisEqC switch with at least 110W and 61.5W and sometimes with 119W as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us