FAV on Viewsat Freezes

Bronze Member
Username: Katekev04

Post Number: 19
I have a Viewsat Xtreame with the most recent bin. After awhile the FAV freezes along with just about everything else. I have to power down the reciever to get it to work. Is there anything I can do to stop this? Thanks

Username: Lightweight

Post Number: 1
Okay Kevin, you'll need a rs232 cable for this one. A nice clear workspace is also helpful.

1. First unplug the box

2. Attach the rs232 cable to the STB

3. Holding the free end of the cable, start spinning the box in the air, gradually building up speed with each revolution.

4. When the speed of the box creates a humming noise as it zooms in the air, release the cable.

5. Watch the box slowly disappear over the horizon.

6. Buy a Pansat

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7541
Freezing is almost always...either weather related, which u can determine easily ...or a bin issue... or a receiver with some memory corruption issues which u can clear by doing a factory reset, factory bin, recheck the receiver antenna/LNB/disque settings, new scan, and then upload the latest bin again and let the keys roll in..and sometimes just a simple factory bin upload and latest bin upload will clear any corruption, so try that first..

Fav freezing is not being reported as a bug with this bin, as it was with previous bins..

Bronze Member
Username: Katekev04

Post Number: 20
LK, thanks for the response. I did however find some reporting on another board-problem is no one answered. Thanks. P.S. LightWeight, I DO HAVE A PANSAT, THAT IS THE REASON I BOUGHT A VIEWSAT!!

Username: Lightweight

Post Number: 2
Just kidding man. Good advice LK.

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1974
LK - My hat's off to you. I posted earlier today in the english threads and I can't deal with all the BS around here. I said I'd only post again if I saw someone "who deserved help" being ignored, but I trully have to say - You are the Man. Kevin this is not to say you don't deserve it, but you have a little more understanding and I know you would have found the answer eventually. LK - I would have left already! As I said, "My hat's off to you". Peace...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us