Echo star 8.10 ku help

Username: Batistafan

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 3
i have pantec2fa i need some ppv stuff i scaned echostar no 8 and tp no 15 but it only gives you one channel I dont know why when i scan whole stalite it gives you indian stuff and some us channels i dont know i want ppv stuff plz help and what should i put in the anteena settings should i do factory seetings then do blind scan with echo 8 plz i need lots of help i am new to this

Gold Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 1006
If it is receiving indian channels then for sure it is not echo 8, do not select factory settings, go to channel setup instead, delete the wholw channels and then go to installation and do a blind scan, if you are still receiving indian channels then you are pointing to some other sat.

Would you mind to give more details about your installation and how did you pointed your dish to the sat????

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 4
i dont know someother guy installed it
i am connedted to disqc no 3
tp no 1
is it beacuse of quality or waht beacuse on tp no 6 i am recaving less then 60 %

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 490

Hey sohaib
You must be on AMC-15 at 118.oW.
That is the closet Bird to EchoStar 8/10
with South Asian Channels.
I suggest that you get in touch with
the guy that installed your system.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1008
If you have a compass, your dish must point around 173° and declination must be around 28°, just get a compass and without touching anything just stand in fron of your dish and see if it is pointing to the direction of the following pic..

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 564
Nice post Nikk!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1009
Thanks Jay....the most graphical, the most people can understand...

Silver Member

Post Number: 491

Hey Jay
You are in a hip of trouble.
Nalin is going to be on your SS
like Sh it on stink. Keep you
ears & eyes open.}}

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1420
Kevin: It is AMC 16 at 118.8 and you are probably absolutely right - if he is scanning Echo 7 (119W) and getting Indian channels, it is very likely from AMC 16. I have been sniffing around for a long time for people to post about this bird. The response has been poor.
So far it seems that you need a larger dish and a circular LNB, but that a linear will get the satellite but with weaker signals.

Silver Member

Post Number: 492

Well thank you Nalin, it's nice to hear from you.
Iam very glad to hear that this Greek boy have finally got something right.

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 5
i asked the guy he said thats all the channel comes on the dish network i said no to him i said to him that moving the dish may help he said you dont ned to move the dish thats all the channnels i have about 125 channels thats it so guys if i need the ppv stuff which way i should move it help is needed and if my dish is pointing at amc 16 than why would it pick other satelites help me

Gold Member

Post Number: 1475
When you press FAV and then select All, what do you see at the bottom in the left hand window? The satellite name and the degrees. Something like Echo 7 and 119. Could you post that info?

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 427
Yes that's right
Try to give chan# sat# etc
Try to snap a photo or read wha.t kind of a dish
I higHly doubt if he is getting 118.8

go to "Kings Corner" thread and tell me which dish you got
Whatever you got can easly be changed to get 2 o 3 Satellites

Link to "King's Corner"
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/300311.html

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 7
it says echostar 8.10ku and the degree i think it says is 110 west i dont know if i need to move it or not and if i do whcih way but i checked the lyng sat on 8.10 there are no indian channels i dont know what is happening i am totally confused it has Cw network and fox and abc and nbc and indian channels and i have two sports channel the pay per view ones one is for cricket and the other is for wrestling can you tell from this information which satelite it is picking from

Silver Member

Post Number: 428
OK
This is exactly what i thought it would be

To get 2 or more Sats you need to provide the following:
- Kind of dish and size
- number of LNBs mounted and their kind
- What receiver you got and BIN PGM
- What DISEqC switch if any

Without listing all of these things no one here can help you

Gold Member

Post Number: 1028
sohaib...

As Nalin said, you must be pointing to AMC16 sat, if you check the image I have posted just at the beginning of the thread it tells you the direction your dish has to point for Echo 8.10....you only need a compass or a visual reference about North and South at the location you are....

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 8
guys i read it wrong on favroutes it says it is pointing at 148 W

so should i have to move the satelite
and how do i check the bin in pantec2fa

Silver Member

Post Number: 430
You got basic installation problem
Stick to the basics and you'll fix it

For the record pointing to 119 is same as 118.8
At present time 118.75 FSS is TP 2, TP18
So big deal you got partial TP crossed from 148 which I belive got Indian as well. It may say echo 7,8,10 etc it don't mean you are getting it

Do correct set-up and you'll get a lot more
I think you are of by 35 degrees towards west
Trust me list all your hardware like I asked you and dozens people will help you

Gold Member

Post Number: 1518
sohaib:
Pantec2fa BIN. Menu/system info. Note down what it says and post it.
As King has said you ar epoiting to 148 which is International channels for the West coast of North America. Same as 61.5W for the East Coast.
You have to swing East by about 38 degrees to get to 110 W. Depending upon the LNBs, you may get 110/119 or just 110.

Username: Deep_2000

Post Number: 1
could someone help me with my ariza 750 reciver

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 9
ok i will find all that bin info and stuff and so i should move it a little bit more hey so then i will get it then what should i do if i moved it write now my dish is totally lost all the channels have this message waiting for picture

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 10
sorry for the double post i am really new to this stuff i hardly know anything about dishnetwork as i said someother guy installed it and he said thats all the channels is that true king i dont know what is lnb where would i find it on pantec2fa i really dont know so plz help

Bronze Member

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 11
sorry for the double post i am really new to this stuff i hardly know anything about dishnetwork as i said someother guy installed it and he said thats all the channels is that true king i dont know what is lnb where would i find it on pantec2fa i really dont know so plz help

Gold Member

Post Number: 1040
sohaib...

This is the basic you must know about your installation....take a look...

Upload

Bronze Member

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 12
ok then what

Bronze Member
Username: Asifali418

Lodi, Ca Usa

Post Number: 16
hi i need some help .i use 3 setelite.1 is 148 and other is 119 and 110 i have diseqc switch i put the 119 wire in port 1 because i have only one wire from 2 lnb and the 148 in port 3 i.some time i las 119 signal and some time i last 110 so can some one tell me how i do the set up 148 work good in port 3.before i use same setup is work but then my diseqc switch missed up so i last evry thing.i used view sat extreme.thnkas guy

Gold Member

Post Number: 1050
sohaib.....

Te diagram shows every part you must have in your installation, after that you have to do what Nalin is saying in his last post here, set your dish declination to 28°, if you take a look at the back side of the dish it must have a scale graduated in degrees, you have first to move the dish the amount that Nalin says, then set declination at 28° or wherever you get the higher signal level....

Username: Peterhefer1

Post Number: 1
I'm Having a big problem locating 119 and 110, I just picked up a new reciever and dish but haven't been able to get at either dishnet signal, Nimiq comes in strong and I know that Dish is just a few degree's to the west but despite that I haven't been able to lock onto where I need to be.

I just put together

1. 24in elip dish with 2 dual LNBs going into a Captive works 4x1 diseqc switch that was included with my reciever. the LNBs are in the slot's labeled 110 and 119, I believe my skew is right at about 89.5 deg and elev or around 28.

using a CW600 premium reciever I picked up echo 6,8 but only got a signal of 70% with 45% quality. and can't seem to find the sat at 119 no matter what I do?

The only thing I can think of is poss tree blocking however the tree's that may cause the problem are only about 15' higher than my dish over 400' away which I wouldn't think would be high enough at a 28 deg elevation to be blocking anything?

Should I really pick up a hand held Sat finder for better tuning, I've been relying on my reciever for acuracy and sat identificating.

Any help on what I'm doing wrong would be a great help

Bronze Member
Username: Rogybe

Post Number: 29
do you have Dish Network Dish 500 antenna, is your skew right, you can find angles here on website for your location, also your receiver need to have LNB set up for it 11250, it is not hard at all just need patience

Bronze Member

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 13
no dish network anteena no i dont have that it is diffrent dish i dont know whats the name it sats with m but the umbrella thing (dish) is picking up dish network signals

oh well i will try to move it do we need this frequency 11250

Bronze Member
Username: Alfons_ramahotmailcom

Call me when... Albanian

Post Number: 40
i think you have an international lnb
try a different lnb 11250
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us