Nimiq 1 & 2

Username: Zigster

Post Number: 2
Hi, Can someone please help me. I'm trying to find Nimiq 1 and 2. I've been told it needs to be found on transponder number 12224. I can't seem to lock/find either Nimiq 1 or 2 with that one. When I scroll through the other transponder signals, my receiver tells me that it found either Nimiq 1 or 2 (depending on which satalite name I'm on) but the signal strength is too weak to see anything. Do I need to adjust my dish somehow or something? If so, which way as the slightest movement looses any signal? Any suggestoins would be appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Rcfiddlerman

Post Number: 16
when i had that problem i figured out that i was just pointing at the wrong dish. see what i think is happening is you are pointed at a signal maybe its for another transponder like echo7 or 9 what i did is i did a blind scan on all the ones that were picking up then boom i had tv after this trial and error hope this helps then if all else fails just move your dish and find another signal thats how i did it.. but its pretty primative theres probally other ways of finding a signal more accurately but just used your common sense and youll get it

Post Number: 3
I tried the blind scan on all that were being found but still nothing. I went out and tried to adjust my dish a little. It seems like the slighest touch looses any signal I have. I'm also running DN. Any suggestions on where I should be pointing the new satalite in relation to DN?

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 707
Michael,
Whats roughly your location? Re: Kansas, Oklahoma, New York, etc Also whats your receiver?

Post Number: 4
Hey Jay,
I'm located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and using a Captiveworks 600s receiver.

Silver Member

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 800
from Michael Z 2-02-07

Hi, Can someone please help me. I'm trying to find Nimiq 1 and 2. I've been told it needs to be found on transponder number 12224. I can't seem to lock/find either Nimiq 1 or 2 with that one. When I scroll through the other transponder signals, my receiver tells me that it found either Nimiq 1 or 2 (depending on which satalite name I'm on) but the signal strength is too weak to see anything. Do I need to adjust my dish somehow or something? If so, which way as the slightest movement looses any signal? Any suggestoins would be appreciated.

Silver Member

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 801
Now today lets hope someone here form your area can give us a direction for you to point it too...IF you get a sig just blind scan if you get channels from the BEV sat you got it.....today the key's are being difficult sorry to say

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1619
Michael Z:
First of all you have to determine that you are ponting to the satellite{s) in question. There are LNBs - Bev supplied and other makes that scan both Nimiq 2 (82W) and Nimiq 1 (91W). Since a mjority of dishes are aimed at these in Toronto, it would not be difficult to drive down the street and confirm if you are actually pointing roughly in that direction.

Silver Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 711
I'm not even sure i understand what Michael is asking..... Ur looking for Nimiq 1 on a transponder??? What does that mean?

Are u sure ur dish is pointing AT Nimiq 1? 91.0°W?

Post Number: 6
I'll try to explain it better. I'm currently running DN and added a new sat to pic up BEV. This sat is currently pointing a little farther South and a bit higher than DN. I've been told that in order for me to see BEV stations, I need to find Nimiq 1 or 2 while my transponder settings from my Captiveworks 600S receiver is set at 12224. When there, it does not find any sat signals. If I scroll through the other transponders, I will see that either Nimiq 1 or 2 was found with a strength of 90ish and quality 40ish. I've done a blind scan and nothing. Tried an auto scan and all of the stations for BEV appear in my guide but still no picture. I'm not sure what to do as I've contacted other friends that have the same set up and once again have been told that I see no picture cause it never found Nimiq 1 or 2 on transponder 12224.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
what kinda dish is it i was told that u need a certain kind of lnb to pick up bev if you have and old direct tv dish use that thats what i have and im picking up bev when i had direct tv i was pointed to the south the way south then when direct tv gave us the final fu i bought a pansat 2700A i put it on nimiq1.3ku and adjusted my dish to the east a bit and i mean a bit like maybe an eighth of a turn and tilted up a little like a eighth or so found a signal and there it was bev hope this helps

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
i also live in saskatoon sask canada so if your in toronto try pointing your dish to the southwestsouth direction and maybe that might just work. again hope this helps

Post Number: 9
I am usuing an old Direct dish and suppositly have the correct LNB's with a "Y" adapter for it (91 an 82). I'm going to try to adjust it a bit more this weekend if we get out of the cold spell here in Toronto. I think they said it's going to be a high of -12 or something like that. That's too cold for me and I do have DN that's working. I'll let you know what happens and thanks again for your assistance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us