DP plus with DP 34 and FTA

Bronze Member
Username: Culon61

Post Number: 28
Does anyone know if a DP Plus LNB works with a DP34 switch and FTA receivers .
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1810
Dish Pro Plus LNBs and Dish Pro Switches are not compatible. You either have to use Dish Pro Twin or Quad for the Dish Pro 34 switch. You can only use Dish Pro Plus Switches with Dish Pro Plus LNBs.

Tell me what are you trying to setup so I can help you?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1811
There is a big difference between these types of equipment. Don't assume that just because they both start with the word DishPro that they are interchangeable.

Bronze Member
Username: Culon61

Post Number: 29
I am now having a DP321 sub box connected to one output of the DPP twin LNB, and a c00lsat 4000 using the other output. They are working fine now. I want to add another FTA box using a DP34 switch...Is it possible ?

Silver Member
Username: Bones714

Saigon, sO.C...

Post Number: 220
PRF what's the difference between these dishes? Dish
Pro Plus, Dish Pro Twin Quad?

Silver Member
Username: Bones714

Saigon, sO.C...

Post Number: 221
oh yeah, one more thing. I have an oval dish with triple lnb, is it compatible with the dp34 switch?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1829
Cu - In order to add a switch to your connection you will need to use a Dish Pro PLUS switch and not a regular Dish Pro. It will not work if you don't follow the above.

Kinguyen - Long Story Short (for those who will say I'm not giving you enough info) current consumption by both. DishPro Twin or Quad can be sustained by any FTA box while the DishPro PLUS will only work with certain boxes and a lot of times, if you leave your sub receiver as did CU above it works fine.

I've always recommended to use the DishPro series of LNB's Twin for two receivers and Quad for 4.

Bronze Member
Username: Imnycusa

Post Number: 53
PRFRMNJ, friend of mine wants to use FTA box parallel to paid subscription of DN (Dish Pro & super dish set up). Now the question is if he does, will DN know that there is an FTA box hooked up to the system? and most importantly, what steps need to be taken to hook up the FTA box in the first place. Thanks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
PRFRMNJ, correction. I meant Dish Pro Plus & Superdish set up.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1830
All he needs to do is follow this picture making sure he leave the DN box in port of the DPP (only because of power issues) and no there is no way for them to know he is doing this unless they either come into his house (which they have no reason to) or he tells them (which would really be dumb)...

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
Thanks PRFRMNJ. forgot to mention important details. He has four room equiped with DN and he wants to keep the subscription in all the rooms. However, only for Echo 3, he wants to use the FTA. How would this be accomplished. Thanks again.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1834
You've lost me completely. If he's got 4 rooms then he's got a DishProPlus switch. All he has to do is follow this setup and replace any of the two single DPP Receivers that are not the main or connected to the Power Insert.

The DISEcQ Config will be

LNB Type - DishPro
DESEcQ -
119 = 1
110 = 2
121 = 3 (or whatever the third is)

Everything else stays the same.

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
PRFRMNJ, thanks. I really appreciate your time and effort.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1838
No problem.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
PRFRMNJ, can you please advise me how the set up will shape when there are only 2 DN recievers covering 4 rooms. I feel bad for not providing all the details in the begining and ask the question only once. Thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us