Help with fortec lifetime ultra bin loading

Username: Noless

Post Number: 4
I need to load the 289T clone safe bin, im trying it with blacklist loader 1.4...i have the cords and everything is conected but it doesnt seem to be working, please can anyone help me?

Gold Member
Username: Mc_sunny

Post Number: 1036
Turn off the switch on the back of the stb. Connect

your straight thru serial cable from your computer to the stb. Load Blacklist Loader. Make sure you specify the correct port and

then browse for the correct bin.which is 289t at this moment.. Once you have everything ready, turn on the switch on the

back of stb. As soon as the first bar appears on the stb, click the load button in BL Loader. The bin should start loading at this

point. It will take a couple of minutes. Don't touch anything until the process is complete, your STB should then finish booting

and display a channel number or if not previously set up it will show "on". You can then turn it off and disconnect the serial cable

and reconnect to your lnb and tv. Remember, timing is critical in the process, if you don't get it right the first time, keep trying.

You will eventualy get it right

Post Number: 5
so i keep trying that procedure until it works...cause ive been doing it for like half an hour trying everymethod i can find on the internet and it always gives me the "write failed [ER1]" response

Gold Member

Post Number: 1037
ER1 most times it a bad data connection from pc to stb,check your com port and rs232 pin out no crossover on pins 2 and 3 one for one.
also Did you check the timing? You have to hit the "Download" button just when the green bar starts to move

Gold Member

Post Number: 1038
i don't know if this is ur first time loading bin into fortecs or wut, just to let u know You must use The correct cable for that box is a straight through db9 cable!!!!! not a null modem cable.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1039
if you have used the same cable before then it is definitely a messed up cable... if you are new to the box then it could be wrong cable entirely

Post Number: 6
it is my first time, i am using a radio shack RS 232C cable straight from fortec to my pc, on COM1... there are no other devices conected to my pc other than my keyboard and mouse (usb), at the moment...oh and its a lifetime ultra if that matters

Post Number: 7
...female db9 to female db9, pin 1 to pin 1, 2to 2, 3to 3 ...and so on

Gold Member

Post Number: 1041
RS 232C well the cable u have it is fine !!!
An RS232 cable is a null modem cable and will not work with an Ultra to write from PC. It will work to copy from one Ultra to another.
RS232C is a straight thru serial cable that you need to write from PC to Ultra.
Both look alike. Only way to really know is to check pins 2 & 3.
Null will show solid on opposite pins.
Straight thru will show solid on the same on both ends.

Example:
Null = 2 on one end will show solid to 3 on the other.
Straight = 2 on one end will show solid to 2 on the other.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1042
Also try using a different loader, if that dosn't work try loading factroy bin first then the new bin 289t

Gold Member

Post Number: 1043
Good Luck bud, i gotta go right now. But do post ur result here. If am not around i am sure somee else here would love to help you. tc

Post Number: 8
thanks MC sunny ill try it for sure, ill post my results...but i can't try right away...but i hope it works, once again thx

Gold Member

Post Number: 1093
Np..Good luck

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1845
Tony - If once you get the cable you can't time it perfect to flash, you can also try these. BOTH proceedure are correct, this is just a different option:

1. You will need a 9 pin F/F cable - for Pansat 2500 and clones it is a staight DB9 RS232 cable.
2. Download the 289T BIN. Unzip it using winzip.exe
3. Download BL Updater 1.4
4. disconnect the cable from the LNB or Switch coming into your receiver.
5. Keep the receiver off and connect the DB9 cable to the receiver and computer.
6. Start (Run) BL Updater. Default COM1 should be OK in most case, but if it does not work you can change it to COM 2.
7. Select BIN and get the 289T Bin ready in the window for uploading.
8. Turn your receiver on from the back and allow it to complete its BOOT Sequence.
9. Once you see the "ON" on the front display, turn it off from the front.
10. Now commence your download and wait until it is completed and the receiver has shut off and powered back on.

13. Disconnect the receiver, connect it to the LNB or Switch and turn it on.
14. Let the autoroll work - if it does not, turn autoroll off. Make sure the time and zone settings are correct. If necessary, install the keys manually.
15. Scan your satellite if necessary. }
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us