Omg! sick and tired!!

Username: Nlempb

Post Number: 7
hello im nichole and i have just moved to a new location, not even 10 miles away, anyway, all i can get in is 8.6echo. by the way i have a pansat 2700a. my sats are 7echo and 8.6 echo or 110 and 119 west. w have tried everything!! any advice or tips?? please and thank you.hagd

Bronze Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 88
nlempb....Give us all your info..ie: Sat settings, switch, bin etc. and someone will help you.

Post Number: 8
220 degrees sw uhhhh....skew 45-52degree. i don't know to awful much more. my sat guy set this all up 4 me. i wish i knew more. thank u zulu

Post Number: 9
i keep picking up 8.6 signal, so when i get channels, they are 8.6. ahhhhhhh

Silver Member
Username: Abj

Post Number: 425
need to know if you are using disq. switch, also need to know your anrenna setting .
If you do not know how you get into your setting try following this steps

Satellite Setup.
Note : I removed the SW21 then I connected my Dish 500 Duel legacy LNB 119 cable to the LNB1 of the DISEqC, then I connected my LNB 110 cable to the LNB2 of the DISEqC switch. The FTAs are not compatible with SW21s.
19). Goto the Installation Option, enter "0000" for p*********word
20). Goto the Antenna setup Option,
21). Select satellite you want (birds Echo8.6/Ku at 110W and Echo7/Ku at 119W are the Dishnet birds), press the OK button. DO NOT select more then one satellite if you only have one satellite.
22). LNB Type: select "Standard"
23). LNB Local-Freq: enter "11250"
24). 22kHz: OFF
25). See above note: DiSeqC: 0, if you have two lnbs on the dish or two dish then change it to the correct lnb #1, #2, so on...
26). Skew: 45
27). TP: leave it as is
28). Check the Level= highest as you can, and Quality= highest as you can (adjust the dish slightly to improve the signal strength)
29). If you get no quality level on these transponders, try others before giving up. Not all transponders are transmitting all the time. MAKE SURE THE CABLE IS PLUGGED INTO THE "IF INPUT" PORT ON THE BACK OF THE RECEIVER! Plug the other end directly into the LNB on your Dish.
30). Readjust your dish if you still not getting any quality signal
31). Press the Exit button, press OK to save setting

Silver Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 190
nlempb, haven't you tried getting in touch with your satelite guy?

Post Number: 10
well ranjeet, yes i have but he tells me to twek the sat till i get a signal. justice, i have all the signal in the world but i can not get any channels that r different (i have all my local but most of my movie channels willl not come in) my locals are on 8.6 and my movie are on 7...i can't gets 7ku channels at all they just repeat. and yes i checked the ports....lol. thanks justice.

Silver Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 905
how many LNB's are you using??

My guessing is that if you have 2 LNB's you are using the wrong LNB to point to 8.6, that means that you have to check your dish orientation, even if you are using a twin LNB you will also have to recheck your dish alignment, move it a little bit to west and see what happens, it can take a while to realign dish properly.....

Silver Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 906
If channels repeat that means that the signal you are receiving is not from echo 7 but from echo 8.6, also need to check the settings just to be sure both sats are not pointing to the same Diseqc input.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us