Please help me find the vcr channel

Username: Bombom999

Lincoln, Uk Uk

Post Number: 1
Hi
I know this is an easy thing to do but I have totally forgotten how to find the video playback channel on the tv, just set up a new video have read instructions 100 times, got all the channels set up through the vcr channel set up no problem just can't play a video, can hear but no picture,it's not the head cleaning problem, it's me. Please help before vcr and tv go through window.
Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Stevestar99

Dahlonega, GA

Post Number: 54
If you can see the channels that are selected through you VCR and when you press play it blacks out, the problem is with the VCR. Most likely your head is shot. If it's a cheap deck, buy a new one.(make sure it's not the tape, try ones known to be good)

Lincoln, Uk Uk

Post Number: 2
Hi Steve
Thanks for that, I have now tried two different vcr's on 3 different tv's with different videos and different scart leads, God knows what the problem is, one of the videos is brand new. I have tried changing the AV socket on to number two instead of one but no joy, can't fathom it out but will post here when I've had both vcr's tested at the shop they were purchased from.
Thanks again

Lincoln, Uk Uk

Post Number: 3
Hi Again
Well I took both Vcr's to comet and they ran a head cleaning tape through both...both are now working fine, what are the chances of two vcrs needing cleaning especially when one is brand new. Anyway Thanks again Steve you were right.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us