Using FTA box with dealer installed DN setup

Bronze Member
Username: Kriskros

Post Number: 83
Currently installed is DN subscription with HD box. When I try to use the antenna cable with VS receiver, I get no signal. Any suggestions? Is it the swith or some different LNBs? Should I be using diseqc switches? Or should I install additional antenna with regular LNBs and diseq for use with FTA? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 658
I'm not sure what you are trying to do. From what I understand: you're looping your antenna feed from your DN-subbed receiver into your VS FTA receiver?

If that's the case then you need to make sure your FTA box has the correct bin and keys. Also, your lnbs should be dual outputs to accomodate both receivers. You will have to enter proper diseqc settings.

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 659
Or if you mean that someone simply set up your FTA box for DN, then you'll have to give more info.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6277
heres a suggestion...

Tell us what your ultimate goal is here and specifically what is ALL your current hardware and what U are NOT willing to do..

U question is like telling a doctor on the phone, "I have a fever, whats wrong and how do I get better" (nothing else mentioned)...

I got new tail lights, how do they look?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
OK, I am trying to use the antenna cable from DN HDTV box in a VS box. After I unscrew the antenna cable from DN box and screw it in a VS box, signal quality shows 100% and then disappears in a few seconds on a VS. When antenna cable connected to DN box, it works fine. I tried different setup configurations on VS and the signal wont work. I know that VS box works fine on my friend's setup using standard LNB and 4x1 diseq switch, because I tested it. I suspect it must be the DN switch that's not compatible with VS, or the LNB that is not compatible with VS. Any ideas?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
OK, I am trying to use the antenna cable from DN HDTV box in a VS box. After I unscrew the antenna cable from DN box and screw it in a VS box, signal quality shows 100% and then disappears in a few seconds on a VS. When antenna cable connected to DN box, it works fine. I tried different setup configurations on VS and the signal wont work. I know that VS box works fine on my friend's setup using standard LNB and 4x1 diseq switch, because I tested it. I suspect it must be the DN switch that's not compatible with VS, or the LNB that is not compatible with VS. Any ideas?

Username: Bajji

Post Number: 2
i had the same issue before... its because VS STB is not sending enough power back to the switch. i had a multi TV DN system. i connected one more cable from the DN receiver to the switch and everything worked fine. try that...

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 182
I don't think anyone here understand what you are trying to do or what you got. I'm gussing you got a subscribed DN HD Receiver and you want to share same dish with 2 different receivers 1- FTA VUSat and the other DN HD. If this is what you are trying to do: 2 seperate outputs from the LNB goes to each receiver. You can't split the signal your LNB must be able to supply 2 receivers
Also list every peice of hardware like LK asked
for example:
1 dish, 1-LNB (what kind, how many out)
2 Receivers (what kind)
etc.
Antenna what? external oudoor antenna or what?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
I'll work on it this weekend, thanks guys!

Bronze Member
Username: Cable

Post Number: 70
ok i got it kris kros i think u have sub DN HDTV box and u want to remove that DN HDTV box and u trying to use the vs instead but when u un screw the cable form DN HDTV and using the same cable in vs u got signal for just some time and after that u don't have signal right ?
ok the solutation for that is change ur DN switch to diseq and then try it make sure u coose the right port in antena setup good luck

Gold Member

Post Number: 6297
AMIT ...WE UNDERSTOOD THAT PART...and VS is legacy and often DN switch ready that DN commonly uses, so switch may NOT be the issue (depends)...but we are only guessing and need DETAILS..and his desire to maintain his sub ALONG with FTA..

Username: Elmer_gantry

Parsons, Tn. Usa

Post Number: 2
SW21 and dsque use different voltages to switch relays, i think. 13 and 22.Unhook switch and run cable straight from lnb to ird,if it works,probably switch prob.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1047
This issue was thrashed a couple of months ago in these forums and elsewhere. Your DN receiver has enough power for the switch and the FTA receivers and,in particular, the viewsat does not have enough power to power the switch. Either you give enough power to the switch separately or keep your DN supplied receiver on, on Port 1, and your Viewsat will work.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6395
A FTA receiver will power 2-3 DP LNBs and a DP switch ...but a DN DP receiver is needed for additional power if more than 2-3 DP LNB's ..and more than 1-2 switches..

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1049
As I said earlier, and I repeat it. On port 1 have your DN supplied receiver and KEEP IT ON. Your viewsat will work fine on Port 2. Alternatively, give separate power to your switch at Port 1.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us