HBO East

Silver Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 237
Can someone tell me if HBO East is still on transponder 12239? I can't find it.

Lyngsat tells me yes, but it's either a signal problem, or the channel is just not there anymore....

Thanx

Silver Member
Username: Minn_rock

Post Number: 601
Ryerson HBO East is on transponder 13361 on my VS.EX..

Silver Member

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 245
Thanx a lOT minn...i'm gonna go give that one a shot - i wanna watch Real Time with Bill Maher....

It's one my fave shows right now....or else i'll have 2 catch it at 2 on HBO West\

Thanks again...gonna go try..

PS: Is that on the 119 sat?

Silver Member

Post Number: 604
ECHOSTAR 7..119

Silver Member

Post Number: 605
Real Time with Bill Maher..LOL.
and i waiting for my fave show too,it call RUSH on channel "JENNA" HAHA..

Silver Member

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 248
i don't have that transponder anywhere

Silver Member
Username: Big_fat_j

POTTSVILLE, STONEYTOWN GREEN-LAND

Post Number: 120
I got it on 12236(H)

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
12236(H)ECHO 7

Silver Member

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 251
ok, i'll check that one

thankz

Silver Member

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 252
gee, i'm missing that one as well

Silver Member

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 253
Do i have to turn my "auto update transponder" on?

Silver Member

Post Number: 606
I AM WATCHING "THE WIRE"RIGHT NOW,AFTER THAT IS YOUR FAVE MOVIE COMING UP..U GOT 20 MIN TO GO..

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
Do an advanced tp scan and insert the ##s.Or blind scan.
When i do a blind scan they dont come out the same as lyngsat.Pansat 2500a tends to get the tp ##s wrong but they work fine.

Silver Member

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 254
ok, i try that.....thanks Herb

Minn rock, don't rub it in man, lol...i'm gonna throw this junk away :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
"auto update transponder"

Is on here.

Silver Member

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 255
ok, thanks herb....that's good to know, because mine was off...i'm not sure if that has something to do with it or not, or if this is another dish 500 mess.

I gave up on the show....i'll have to record it for 2 am....

ty again

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 5223
Show was good, I also watch it weekly..Reverend Ted (Evangelist) really got his due recognition (LOL)...Kerry was exonerated, as he should have been,...Halburton was recognized as the thieves they really are (CEO made $100 million, just in his own stock profits, since war in Iraq....while charging GI's $25 for 6 pack of soda)...RoseAnn is still a little fruity I think..and of course George W is still a rocket scientist (LOL)...

Bronze Member
Username: Afrimpeja

Forest hills, Ny Usa

Post Number: 15
LK can u please help me and tel me what im doing wrong i have pansat 2700 a i instaled dish 500 dual lnb i have 100% quality i did blind scan im having chanels but not the chanals i whant i need local chanels for New York i think im gating Philadelfia chanels or whatewer this chanals r becouse is no Cnn no Espn no Hbo so please help

Silver Member

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 256
Thank u all for trying 2 get me up and going for HBO last night. I ended up leaving for the cafe, and recording it at 2 and 4am on my Hauppauge PCIDVB card - i haven't checked to see if it recorded fine or not, we'll see.

Incidently, LK, i mentioned before that u have already impressed me. Not just with the sat stuff but with a well-rounded knowledge of world issues as well...yeah, i'm impressed. And now i'm dying to watch last night's show.

I have a few questions & updates on this progress...as it might actually help others (especially with dish 500 - afrim mazreki, take note of this).

To update: i have been having trouble getting any signal on some transponders - for example 12355 (Free Speech TV, Link tV etc) & transponder 12239 (which does carry HBO east, among others).

Through trial and error i have managed to finally get most of my channels back. And those transponders are nicely lit up again.

The trick for me to get everything back (and it may be useful knowledge for everyone to remember) was to hit "factory settings" and redo the blind scan. As opposed to just trying to rescan over and over.

Also, the "auto update" on my Pansat 2700, would mess everything up each and everytime I would rescan. So, I have turned that option "OFF" and so far, so good.

I am still curious about Minn and Herb...how are u guys getting HBO east on those transponders......mine is back, but at its original settings (tp 12239). And lyngsat still reports them at 12239...hmmmm.

* afrim, try doing the "factory settings" option, and could u report back to see if it improved/fixed ur problem at all?

Anyone else with better suggestions would be good to hear as well.

*Lk, i'd like to someday pick ur brain on political issues...especially from a dem/former military guy, that's hard to find.....not sure about here....but then again, why not here ;)

Hope all this has helped....

PS: He should have known better, but Kerry's comments made sense regardless of whether he was talking about Bush or the troops (although u'd have to be a totall dimwit to assume the troops). The rich tend to start the wars that the working classes have to fight....and as Bush/Cheney, and others, have proven.....sometimes (assuming one can afford it)staying in school, and doing well in school will definately increase ur options: to avoid having to enlist (2 cents)

thanks all,

Silver Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 297
119 TP2 (Leg) = 12239, 20000, H, 5/6 - LEGACY info for TP 2 on 119 - AS A HORIZONTAL TP

119 TP2 (PRO) = 13361, 20000, V, 5/6 - PRO info for TP2 on 119 - AS A "CONVERTED" HORIZONTAL To A "VERTICAL" TP

hashhu(dot)com/forums/showpost.php?p=270008&postcount=15

Bronze Member
Username: Windsorite

Post Number: 19
Do I have to re-install the bin file again if I hit the factory settings?

Silver Member

Post Number: 615
Albino Midget you are so right...that it..

Silver Member

Post Number: 616
Windsor.Guy, NO, the bin are still inside..

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
Ryerson.
Why 12239(H) shows up as 12236(H)?It is 12239(H) but PS 2500a sees it the way it wants to.All the TPs show up a few digits off of what there sposed to be when i blind scan.Cause PS 2500a is buggy in more ways than one.Sorry for the confusion.Before i do a blind scan i delete all TPs with EDIT TP/SATELLITE.Then do a blind scan for a fresh list of TPs(which show up wrong?).Otherwise i end up with what looks like 50 TPs on every sat and it takes longer for it to run the part where it scans the TPs for channels.

Youll find if you delete all TPs before you blind scan that there are only 18 active TPs on echo7 and 26 active TPs on echo8/6.But that changes with location and whenever dicknet get the urge to move things around.

The receivers come preprogramed with a list of all the TPs on each sat.Some are inactive in a given location some are just inactive.The ones that are inactive to me may be active in others locations.A blind scan only finds the active ones(and in the case of a 2500a with the #s wrong by a digit or three).They work perfectly but there wrong.

Now if thats not confusing............

Silver Member

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 259
Herb, Minn: Thanks this is all useful to know....because i wasn't sure whether lyngsat was just outdated.

I had been told to stop looking for some channels because they had moved to a different satellite....that turned out to be wrong because i have them all back, i think.

So it was good to hear from everybody...or i would have just stopped trying. I know this dish 500 is a pain in the neck, and i'm not done with the troubles yet, but at least i have it back up to a tolerable standard, thanks to u all.

* Windsor guy, i didn't have to reinstall the bin. I just had to do a blind scan after it powered back up.

After factory settings, do blind scan for one sat, then power off the button on back for a minute, and do blind scan for the other sats.....do this process individually for each sat, if u have something similar to dish 500.

It's not a hard rule, but it worked for me. Don't be surprised if u need to do this more than once to get it right.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us