Loosing signal on my Dish

Silver Member
Username: Smarcus76

Post Number: 254
Im only have signal on my dish when i have both boxes turned on,if i turn off the box in my roon the image freezes on my livingroom, what seems to be the problem? any help is apreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Tennessee

Post Number: 476
Is it when u turn it on or do you plug it in? I have noticed that if I unplug one and plug it back in, sometimes it freezes the other. What kind of stb are they?

Silver Member
Username: Grimreeper

Post Number: 208
make sure lnb power is turned on on your living room box

Silver Member

Post Number: 255
yes , i have a dispro and its anoying because if i take the one in my room out of the plug, the one in my livingroom freezes after like 7 seconds..
i tried turned the lnb on and im still experiencing problems... its a pain..:-(

Silver Member
Username: Vinidomine

Post Number: 207
Do you have a DP quad?
Are both receivers sending power to the LNBF?
Try switching receivers around and see if the same receiver freezes still or not. If not, the problem is not one of the receivers... the problem is either the LNBF or the cable.

Vini

Silver Member

Post Number: 208
... and if the problem follows the same receiver in a different room, you need to review your receiver settings making sure the LNBF power is set to ON or the appropriate LNBF is set. Also look into your DiSEqC settings.... it is possible one receiver has the right settings for DiSEqC and the other has no settings at all, which could explain the condition you're having. Once you power off the receiver that is governing the DiSEqC, the other receiver has no control over the LNBF if the settings are not there.
Remember, a DP quad has an internal DiSEqC switch.

Anyway, good luck.
Vini

Silver Member

Post Number: 256
yes, my receiver is a DP quad..and when i switch receivers the same issue happens, i never had that problem with my clone 2500..

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
You mean your LNBF is a DP quad. Right?
When you switched receivers, the issue continues on the same receiver or not?

Vini.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4727
Interior switch could be going but more likely a cable issue..FIRST check the cables and connections...2nd, do as Vini said and make sure U have BOTH the 110 and 119 sats configured in your installation-antenna settings...and if one cable is much longer than other, than U will need an "in line" amp (very inexpensive) on that cable

Silver Member

Post Number: 257
thanks LK, i will lookinto that..
Yes Vini, the issue continued, it was working so finei ts anoying that evertime i have to watch tv i have to run upstairs turn the receiver then go downstairs to turn the other receiver in order to get the signal. Yes, my LNBF is a DP quad.
Another funny thing.. i have another dish next to it for my international chanels (echo3) and before i scan it on the screen doesnt show any signal at all on diseq 3, but then when i start blindscan it picks up the signal right away....weird isnt it??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us