Which Viewsat is the best?

Bronze Member
Username: Tariqic

Post Number: 78
I'm looking to buy a Viewsat. I have a CL5000 but would like another receiver. Which one of the Viewsat models is the best? Any pros and cons? Thanx

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Hawaii

Post Number: 659
If you can find it, I would recommend the Viewsat Ultra, thought it's a little pricey. Main reason for me is the USB port where you could use a usb jump drive to load mp3s, pictures and bins. Otherwise either the extreme or the platinum would be good. The extreme has a little more features like hardware blindscan and digital video line out but I have a platinum and it's great for me.

Username: Themangod

Post Number: 6
hello good question,

http://www.freetoairreceivers.com/ list all free to air satellite receivers and all viewsats, vs2000 viewsat platinum 2000 viewsat extreme viewsat lite viewsat pvr 7000 and the new viewsat ultra with USB support like the PVR. to find out and compaire the boxes i would go there they show the features VS the other viewsat boxes and show which is the over all best what makes them there own. http://www.theviewsat.com also has a nice chart showing there features and such i can not find it now but its there.

all pros and cons listed on those websites.

Silver Member
Username: Grimreeper

Post Number: 207
cant really go wrong with any of the viewsat lineup if you dont want to spend the extra money the lite will do just as good as the restand you cant beat the suport sofar

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Tennessee

Post Number: 478
Hard to beat the platinum. The only difference in it and the extream are the componant out. Cant get hd anyway...

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4703
More importantly than WHICH model to buy, is to ensure U get a GENUINE Viewsat, and NOT a fake/imitation/clone of a genuine receiver!...

MANY sites are selling FAKES aka CLONES now....so buy from a well known ESTABLISHED site that also sponsors a DSS forums...The members at the forums will always answer questions regarding the sponsors and the forums owners will always help if there are any problems...Forum site owners do NOT want a bad reputation from bad sponsors selling Clones!...both of these sites have good reputations..both are forums sponsors at established sites..

www.efta.us (use "szot" at checkout for a small discount code)

www.globalwholesalers.biz

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Tennessee

Post Number: 482
YES! Very true.

Bronze Member
Username: Tariqic

Post Number: 79
Thanx everyone for their input!!!! It was very helpful.

Username: Coyote13

Post Number: 4
Any words on HD Viewsat?

Bronze Member
Username: Robin_hud

Post Number: 34
LK how do you know if reciever is clone or GENUINE Viewsat? What people should know if they did mistake and recieved a clone? PLEASE let us know. Thanks for your help!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4713
Linked is a file that explains the difference between clones and genuine..U must register free FIRST (required at ALL teputable DSS sites)and remove the * in the links..

register here.. [link removed]
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us